LIVERPOOL VS MANCHESTER UNITED - Sunday 25th october 2009

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:33 pm

Lee J wrote:we used to have a regular poster on matchdays who used to post up the goals? iraq website or summat?

I still not seen them. :D

his names Hijawi mate

heres a link for the MOTD highlights, enjoy

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3740591/
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby TheLad » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Greavesie wrote:
Lee J wrote:we used to have a regular poster on matchdays who used to post up the goals? iraq website or summat?

I still not seen them. :D

his names Hijawi mate

heres a link for the MOTD highlights, enjoy

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3740591/

This one is better than 101greatgoals imo:
http://www.tvgolo.com/football.php
TheLad
LFC Super Member

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:14 pm

I lost the post I made on the day. Bollox!

Anyway, Lucas was the MoTM, easy. He was immense.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:35 pm

maguskwt wrote:Ok guys now that this is working again let's salivate our victory over the mancs.

I must admit this victory felt very very good... as good as when we beat them 4-1 and when we beat Real Madrid 4-0 and as exciting as how our depleted squad back in 2005 managed to beat Arsenal, then still famous for their invicinble season.

I must say in defence, the introduction of Agger steadied our boat somewhat. Agger even though rusty seemed to be more confident and stable than Skrtl. He was good in the air. I hope Rafa continues to play him instead of Skrtl.

And somewhat surprising, Aurelio had a decent game as a left winger. On the right, the interchanging of Kuyt and Yossi worked surprisingly.

In the middle. Lucas worked his :censored: off. I'm his biggest critique but he done well in this game. He stopped a number of the opponent's move by literally throwing his body in the way. Having said that he is still not Liverpool quality and his partnership with Mascherano won't work in the long run. But in this one of the biggest games of our season, credit where credit is due, he did extremely well. Had a nice assist in the end even though he should've done much better with his pass to Kuyt in an earlier incident when him, Kuyt and Torres were on the break.

Dirk Kuyt as usual worked his socks off but lacked the final quality pass that benayoun had. But he was the reason why Carrick was non-existent pressuring their defenders and midfielders till no end.

Reina had a decent game, was never really challenged but did very well and was steady with his hands when called upon.

MOTM to me was Torres. I'm never tired of saying this. What a player! he wasn't even 100% fit. If it wasn't for his individual goal the game looked like it was gonna end in a draw or we might have actually lost to a typical Man U goal.

Good post mate, agree with every word except for the man of the match who was in my opinion, Jamie Carra by an absolute country mile, back to his very best yesterday! It was a fantastic performance, a real backs to the wall 'we want this far more than you tw..ats could ever want it' performance! Outstanding performances all over the park with not a single passenger on the day. The back four was solid as a rock, Johnson grew up as a defender in this one, Masch and Lucas (to my surprise) simply bossed the midfield for much of the game, Aurelio had a cracking game on the left and Torres was.....well, Torres was Torres.

Amazing what a difference this one result could have on our season and hats off to Rafa who has been through a few of these mini-crisis points before but always seems to come through them. Lets hope we can kick on from here!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Cigg informed me my son had a dig yesterday sorry people hes a bitter g.obshite :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Haven't felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and that sense of relief in a long time when watching liverpool as when Ngog slipped in that second.

Totally harrassed them all over the park, everyone in that Stadium who bled liverpool red gave it their all and we got what we deserved. if we can show that sort of passion for all games we would walk this league....but lets just hope this is the start of a run, and how badly we need it.

P.s once a manc, never a red!

and

there's only one ROBBIE FOWLER!!!!
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:06 pm

:laugh: What a pair of whoppers , fecking clueless , id get banned if i was on there  :laugh:

http://link.brightcove.com/service....2803001
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:10 pm

NANNY RED wrote::laugh: What a pair of whoppers , fecking clueless , id get banned if i was on there  :laugh:

http://link.brightcove.com/service....2803001

I watched that this morning nan I was thinking same haha.

I don't think they have much to show the amount I be swearing at that manc poof.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:12 pm

kunilson wrote:Haven't felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders and that sense of relief in a long time when watching liverpool as when Ngog slipped in that second.

Totally harrassed them all over the park, everyone in that Stadium who bled liverpool red gave it their all and we got what we deserved. if we can show that sort of passion for all games we would walk this league....but lets just hope this is the start of a run, and how badly we need it.

P.s once a manc, never a red!

and

there's only one ROBBIE FOWLER!!!!

Yeah we need a 8 win streak if we have any chance to win this league I hope we can do it.Come on Rafa prove me wrong show us you can get best out of your team rest of season.Also well done stuffing those manc Tw@ts.  :buttrock
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Scottbot wrote:
maguskwt wrote:Ok guys now that this is working again let's salivate our victory over the mancs.

I must admit this victory felt very very good... as good as when we beat them 4-1 and when we beat Real Madrid 4-0 and as exciting as how our depleted squad back in 2005 managed to beat Arsenal, then still famous for their invicinble season.

I must say in defence, the introduction of Agger steadied our boat somewhat. Agger even though rusty seemed to be more confident and stable than Skrtl. He was good in the air. I hope Rafa continues to play him instead of Skrtl.

And somewhat surprising, Aurelio had a decent game as a left winger. On the right, the interchanging of Kuyt and Yossi worked surprisingly.

In the middle. Lucas worked his :censored: off. I'm his biggest critique but he done well in this game. He stopped a number of the opponent's move by literally throwing his body in the way. Having said that he is still not Liverpool quality and his partnership with Mascherano won't work in the long run. But in this one of the biggest games of our season, credit where credit is due, he did extremely well. Had a nice assist in the end even though he should've done much better with his pass to Kuyt in an earlier incident when him, Kuyt and Torres were on the break.

Dirk Kuyt as usual worked his socks off but lacked the final quality pass that benayoun had. But he was the reason why Carrick was non-existent pressuring their defenders and midfielders till no end.

Reina had a decent game, was never really challenged but did very well and was steady with his hands when called upon.

MOTM to me was Torres. I'm never tired of saying this. What a player! he wasn't even 100% fit. If it wasn't for his individual goal the game looked like it was gonna end in a draw or we might have actually lost to a typical Man U goal.

Good post mate, agree with every word except for the man of the match who was in my opinion, Jamie Carra by an absolute country mile, back to his very best yesterday! It was a fantastic performance, a real backs to the wall 'we want this far more than you tw..ats could ever want it' performance! Outstanding performances all over the park with not a single passenger on the day. The back four was solid as a rock, Johnson grew up as a defender in this one, Masch and Lucas (to my surprise) simply bossed the midfield for much of the game, Aurelio had a cracking game on the left and Torres was.....well, Torres was Torres.

Amazing what a difference this one result could have on our season and hats off to Rafa who has been through a few of these mini-crisis points before but always seems to come through them. Lets hope we can kick on from here!

Completely agree on Carra mate, that was the Carra of three seasons ago playing that game, the one that single handedly kept Mourinho's Chelsea at bay in two Champions League semi finals.  He was absolutely class.  I think he's benefitting from playing with Agger rather than Skrtel.  Don't think theres a great deal between Agger and Skrtel, but in terms of complimenting Carra, Skrtel just doesn't.  Can they play like that the rest of the season though?  For Carra's sake I hope this is just the confidence booster he needed and he can go on and have a good season.

Mascherano and Lucas both played well, Aurelio had a good game, Benayoun and Kuyt were brilliant and Torres was just awesome.  We couldn't afford passengers in this game and we didn't have any.  Perhaps only Insua had a slightly bad game, thought Valencia took him apart for pace at times, but he kept going.

Overall a deserved victory and one that has lifted my spirits no end this week, get in!!!!!!!!!!!!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Anyone seen Reina for the 2nd goal!? I think he beat the 100 meter timing record!!!  :laugh:  CLASS
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:05 pm

MH the togetherness they showed when we got the second was amazing, no other club in England has that, not one. We are one of a kind, we are LFC
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby da9thkill » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

the forums up... lol, everyone got excited and posted at the same time and crashed the site! :D 

i have completly forgot what happen yesterday and  so might be wrong on the individual players performance. However i do recall...
lucas having good interceptions and being involved in the attack 8.5
masch did exactly whats hes good at(apart from red) 7
carra by far the best game he had this season, lots of guts and passion (lucky on 2 occasions) 8
benni easily our most creative player 9
aurelio always looks dangerous, gets in the box and good crossing 7
torres great goal, considering hes not 100% 9
kuyt missed sitters, but was at the right place at the right time, gotta give credit for that, hes definitly better as a striker 7
agger very solid and far more composed, definitly a better partner for carra 7
johnson not much going up but kept giggs at bay 6
insua again not much going up but kept velencia busy 6
reina cant remember what he done, apart from running at the end for ngogs goal 8 (that deserves an extra 2 points :p)
ngog dont recall anything great apart from the goal, still a good finish 7
skrtel didnt have time to have impact 6

rafa right tactics throughtout, great subs, made manure look normal 10 MOTM :D

Overall we deserved our win, lots of hunger right from the start, had all the chances, played the better football, by far the most satisfying win, when you consider we out played them in most areas on the pitch
da9thkill

Postby metalhead » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:09 pm

Greavesie wrote:MH the togetherness they showed when we got the second was amazing, no other club in England has that, not one. We are one of a kind, we are LFC

Reina can outrun a ferrari! :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:18 pm

heimdall wrote:OK OK Eggnog got the goal but ffs it would have been harder to miss than score and he almost fluffed it.

you are a total tosspot.... :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games