MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday, september 19th.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:21 pm

I must be clueless and stupid then . I thought poulson was gash yesterday . Oh and my clear opinion is Lucas is better than him . So there you go i think your post on the subject was clueless and stupid and very clearly disregarding of other peoples opinions .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:25 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:I think it was because it was united that they were in those positions mate.
Against sides were we have the majority of the posession i would think they will swap positions.

Hope so mate as think he can be a very very good player in the middle and I have just remembered that Meireles turned down the BS a couple of seasons back because he thought they weren't big enough so that makes him and instant legend IMO  :D
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:31 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:I must be clueless and stupid then . I thought poulson was gash yesterday . Oh and my clear opinion is Lucas is better than him . So there you go i think your post on the subject was clueless and stupid and very clearly disregarding of other peoples opinions .

I thought he did ok, but only ok.
I dont think it would have made much of a difference had Lucas played there.
To me it makes the Poulsen signing a strange one as he so far doesnt appear anything better than what we already had and is obviously older too.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:42 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:I must be clueless and stupid then . I thought poulson was gash yesterday . Oh and my clear opinion is Lucas is better than him . So there you go i think your post on the subject was clueless and stupid and very clearly disregarding of other peoples opinions .

To me it makes the Poulsen signing a strange one as he so far doesnt appear anything better than what we already had and is obviously older too.

Think that is one of big gripes about him - he doesn't seem to offer anything we didn't have already and IMO offers less than Lucas due to his lack of mobility . Not sure if things would of been different if Lucas had played on sun but I do know Lucas would of at least been closer to the manc midfield and would of closed them down more
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:56 pm

poulson had a poor first half, but imprioved a lot in the 2nd 45 mins. I was disapointed to see Meireles taken off early, because he was influencing the middle of the park a lot in the second half and making things happen.

Yes, the result is a kick in the teeth, but we showed fight and (brief) moments of quality. Keep the faith, we're going to win our next 5 games on the bounce.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:59 pm

I saw some encouraging signs in the second half, now lets turn these signs into something and start winning our games.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:07 pm

We have to respect opinion, especially when the majority think differently. Some may of thought that Poulsen was the worst player yet the majority did not. In fact according to the 18 members here who voted, ignoring subs, he wasn't even in the bottom 3.

Gerrard 7.64
Meireles 7.17
Cole 6.36
Torres 6.06
Reina 6.03
Johnson 5.67
Poulsen 5.61
Carragher 5.17
Agger 5.11
Skrtel 5.11
Ngog 5.06
Jovanovic 4.67
Konchesky 4.47
Maxi 4.00

In seems amazing that so much focus is on him. Surely the focus should be on Maxi, Konchesky, Skrtel and Carragher. Essentially the votes prove that it was our defence that let us down.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:09 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:We have to respect opinion, especially when the majority think differently. Some may of thought that Poulsen was the worst player yet the majority did not. In fact according to the 18 members here who voted, ignoring subs, he wasn't even in the bottom 3.

Gerrard 7.64
Meireles 7.17
Cole 6.36
Torres 6.06
Reina 6.03
Johnson 5.67
Poulsen 5.61
Carragher 5.17
Agger 5.11
Skrtel 5.11
Ngog 5.06
Jovanovic 4.67
Konchesky 4.47
Maxi 4.00

In seems amazing that so much focus is on him. Surely the focus should be on Maxi, Konchesky, Skrtel and Carragher. Essentially the votes prove that it was our defence that let us down.

i forgot we were playing Maxi up to the point he was subbed. ?He was poor and offers us nothing.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rocky29 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Mick who said Gerrard had a poor game yesterday ?
Even without the goals he was brilliant, our best player by a mile.

I think he is alluding to rocky who said both Gerrard and Meireles were poor and we miss aquilani  :D

one it couldnt of been me mick was elluding to because yesterday he said he wouldnt respond to any of my posts anymore  and two i thought gerrard was man of the match yesterday so you get your facts right little stirrer.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:17 pm

metalhead wrote:I saw some encouraging signs in the second half, now lets turn these signs into something and start winning our games.

Totally agree.

My thoughts.

Negatives
* Not enough hassling or aggression.
* First half did not show enough ambition.
* Poor defending for first and third goals - First goal was poor from both Konchesky and Reina. Third goal, Carragher beaten by a player not known for heading prowess.
* Konchesky and Maxi - Poor passing.

Positives
* Period of possession, good passing. Not seen passing fluidity like that for a while.
* Ngog had instant impact, I think we need to use him more to take pressure off Torres whilst his form is low.
* Meireles linked up really well on the attack.
* Poulsen, although not a Mascherano replacement, did show smooth passing and vision. Better than Lucas IMO.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:26 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:

That's it ben , Lucas atleast gets about the park . He's far more mobile and much more disruptive . Poulson just sits and plays passes either sideways or backwards . I'm not saying lucas is miles better than poulson , all i'm saying is that he is more mobile and a tad more positive .
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Double post soz , gliche
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:29 pm

Reg wrote:Mick your posts are the work of an artisté, the way you are distancing yourself from your fanatical hatred of Rafa and endless, endless posts last season dominating every thread determined to push your views onto this forum and battering anyone who disagreed into submission and now - you make equally rapid posts condemning anyone who is suggesting Woy isnt the right man.

Don't you see the difference though Reg, honestly  ??? If you look back to when Rafa first took over, I was hugely supportive of him. Flick up any of the threads from his first season in charge, when we were bombing out in the league and I was 100% behind him. Even though I totally disagreed with the mass rotation, I loved him  then as much as you all love him now. In fact, it wasn't until he was into his fourth season that I began to think the Rafalution may have been a mirage after all.

The difference between that and half of this lot throwing toys out of the pram after a couple of matches couldn't be more stark. As I've said a few times, it wouldn't make any difference if we were five from five and top of the league, judging a manager after five matches is daft.

I don't either "condemn anyone who thinks Roy isn't the right man", I've never done that, not once. People are fully entitled to think whatever they like of Roys appointment, it's their opinion and it's up to them. What I do condemn though, is when they insist on clouding every football discussion with repeats of their stance on the manager, both implied and stated.

We know for instance that Cigy, nanny, Benny, Rocky, the basketball fella and the like don't think Roy is up to it. We know. My point is, lets see if they're right or not but until then, if we talk about football there's no real need to revisit the fact that they don't rate him in every second post, or to say they are "fecking fuming" because the manager hasn't selected the exact same team which they wanted, or to slag off new players to a ridiculous extent.

Nobody is saying anybody has to love Roy or whoever else is the manager. That said, or defeat yesterday was our 6th in the last 7 matches at Old Trafford. It was hardly a shock, so reacting like its a disgrace when we get beat 3-2 there is just bonkers.

Yes I criticised Benitez (and how) but not after five matches. The most frustratign thing is it's impossible to argue against it, because there is simply nothing to go on. It's akin to me claiming Roy is Shankly if we are 1-0 up at half time against Northampton. Stupid really.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:We have to respect opinion, especially when the majority think differently. Some may of thought that Poulsen was the worst player yet the majority did not. In fact according to the 18 members here who voted, ignoring subs, he wasn't even in the bottom 3.

Gerrard 7.64
Meireles 7.17
Cole 6.36
Torres 6.06
Reina 6.03
Johnson 5.67
Poulsen 5.61
Carragher 5.17
Agger 5.11
Skrtel 5.11
Ngog 5.06
Jovanovic 4.67
Konchesky 4.47
Maxi 4.00

The problem is when two people vote 8 and 7 it will boost the score right up looking through what people rate it was mainly 5s
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:36 pm

It's cancelled out though by the 3 or whatever it was you gave him :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games