MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL - Sunday, september 19th.

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby skatesy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:19 am

If Hodgson picks the right team, then I think we can win this. Man Utd. has been struggling as well a little bit and this is a perfect time to go and take the game to them. I really hope that Liverpool doesn't come out and play defensively, letting Man Utd. dictate the game.

Riera

Johnson           Agger          Carragher          Konchesky

Gerrard         Miereles

Babel                       Joe Cole                  Jovanovic

Torres

Or...put Joe Cole on the right and move Gerrard up into the second striker position and then take your pick between Lucas or Poulsen.
skatesy

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:23 am

Manure would have a lot of fun with that right side.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:48 am

skatesy wrote:If Hodgson picks the right team, then I think we can win this. Man Utd. has been struggling as well a little bit and this is a perfect time to go and take the game to them. I really hope that Liverpool doesn't come out and play defensively, letting Man Utd. dictate the game.

Riera

Gerrard         Miereles

Torres

Or...put Joe Cole on the right and move Gerrard up into the second striker position and then take your pick between Lucas or Poulsen.

That's a nice attacking line-up mate, in fact it's probably the most attacking line-up we can put out and deffo one i'd like to see in home games this season. I'm not sure Hodgson will go quite as gunho myself though. I'd be very surprised if we don't see either Lucas or Poulsen playing in the midfield two with Gerrard playing behind Torres (when we have the ball) and Cole on one of the flanks. I also agree Johnson and Babel manning our right doesn't fill me with confidence but it would be brave! I do like the look of that Mereilles-Gerrard-Cole triangle in the midddle though. So long as we don't pair Lucas and Poulsen together in the middle we're giving ourselves a chance. Seems the big debate at the moment is LUCAS or POULSEN? Must admit i'd go for Poulsen meself.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 am

I still think it's going to take a huge effort on Sunday to get anything from the game, sorry to be pessimistic but I do. We really aren't playing well and haven't been for a long time, whereas they are still firing away despite a couple of dodgy results in the last week. Also, they desperately need the win, otherwise Chelsea are going to be disappearing over the horizon after five matches.

I enjoyed last night and it was great to see some of the new lads get another game, as well as some of the fellas who don't often get on get a run out, but once again lets be honest here we didn't play great. I still think we are very much in the transitional period for the players and the manager, where there is the "getting to know you" part of the operation still very much in evidience. As such, unless one or two of our big players can really put in hige individual efforts, I can't really see us matching them. Like I say, if Pepe saves absolutely everything or Gerrard scores a 30 yard screamer, or Torres catches fire then you never know, but I can't see us competing with them at this juncture in structured/cohesive team play.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:20 am

Our Dirk is a big loss for this game, and I hope and pray Roy doesnt go with the midfield axis of Poulson & Lucas but he probably will as both where more of less rested last night. It also means Jovanovich will also play and it makes us very, very narrow.
I am not expecting anything from this game and will happy with a point.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 am

Ciggy wrote:Our Dirk is a big loss for this game, and I hope and pray Roy doesnt go with the midfield axis of Poulson & Lucas but he probably will as both where more of less rested last night. It also means Jovanovich will also play and it makes us very, very narrow.
I am not expecting anything from this game and will happy with a point.

Agree with every word of that. Derek is a huge loss as he ties Evra up in a series of utterly pointless one on one wrestling matches on the half way line.

Also totally agree on the Poulsen/Lucas axis. If I never see it again it'll be too soon, and to be totally honest I am fecked off to the back teeth with the whole idea of two defensive midfielders who don't contribute going forward, regardless of who they are. I hated the Lucas/Masherano axis, and I hate this one too. I'd go with Poulsen obviously out of him and Lucas, but I'd even go as far as saying if Roy IS determined to play Lucas, then FFS DON'T play Poulsen. Fortunately, I think he'll only play one of them, although unfortunately after his ten yard miscontrol and shot I've a feeling it might be Lucas.

I don't think Jovanovic is up to it to be honest, but he might be able to do a Derekesque containing job and get in their way a bit. Hopefully we won't see Maxi on the right, please God.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:54 am

I would play - Pepe Johnson Agger Carra Konchesky Gerrard Mereiles Maxi Cole Jovanovic Torres in a 4-2-3-1 . Hopefully Konchesky closes down the crosses quicker and Maxi gives more support to Johnson . If he wants to be put a DM in there I hope it's Lucas and not poulsen - Poulsen lack of mobility would be totally exposed if he plays . With that team I think we can be solid as well as being able to keep possession and offer a threat . No skrtel please and no babel and no 4-4-2 . I just hope he doesn't go for Poulsen and Lucas as we will get overrun by them. I think after last night confidence will be a lot higher and we could rob them and sneak a win . Overall lets have a performance there .
Benny The Noon

Postby In and Out » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:11 am

Reina, Johnson, Carra, Agger, Konchesky, Poulsen, Gerrard, Meireles, Cole, Maxi, Torres would be my team against the Mancunians on the weekend.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby brentd4 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:04 pm

.                         reina
johnson       carra          agger        konchesky

poulsen
               gerrard         meireles     
cole                                              jovanovic

torres

wudnt start babel or maxi as i think both hav alot of improving to do, not happy with either at the minute, not good enough for liverpool.

if kuyt were fit id play him on the right and drop jovanovic for cole,

think we can get a result here as utd in my eyes r only an average team, and ther star player isnt performing so lets hav it liverpool come on!!!!!!
brentd4

Postby europian-kings » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

skatesy wrote:If Hodgson picks the right team, then I think we can win this. Man Utd. has been struggling as well a little bit and this is a perfect time to go and take the game to them. I really hope that Liverpool doesn't come out and play defensively, letting Man Utd. dictate the game.

Riera

Gerrard         Miereles

Torres

Not sure about the keeper....
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:23 pm

brentd4 wrote:.                         reina

poulsen
               gerrard         meireles     

torres

wudnt start babel or maxi as i think both hav alot of improving to do, not happy with either at the minute, not good enough for liverpool.

think we can get a result here as utd in my eyes r only an average team, and ther star player isnt performing so lets hav it liverpool come on!!!!!!

That would be my team too mate.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:24 pm

europian-kings wrote:

Riera

Gerrard         Miereles

Torres

:laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:54 pm

brentd4 wrote:.                         reina

poulsen
               gerrard         meireles     

torres

I like it this is nice, the best line up for this game IMO... doubt we'll play though.... but the most important thing is that we need someone WHO CAN PASS THE BALL ! If we play Lucas and poulsen we're screwd.

But it would be a risk to play Meireles as well. He's still a new player and needs to adapt, but if we do play him the only player that I'd partner him with in the middle is Gerrard. But then we'll have to rely on Maxi to play on the right while Cole playes behind Torres. It's really complicated but I still hope we gain some points out of this one.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Madmax » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:03 pm

I think roy will go with this...

------------------reina-----------------------

johnson------carra-------Skertel---------konchesky

Jovan--------poulsen------raul------------cole

-----------------gerrard---------------------

-------------------torres---------------------
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:11 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
europian-kings wrote:

Riera

Gerrard         Miereles

Torres

:laugh:

Hahaha....freudian slip  :eyebrow
skatesy

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games