MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:
dundreamin wrote:FFS, don't get some of you people on here. We beat the league leaders away, in the SEMI FINAL!!! and you still FOOKING whinging. FOOK off and go and follow another club. You ain't REAL LFC fans anyway. YOU FICKLE BRAIN DEAD P.RICKS. just go away, GO AWAY K.NOBHEADS

dude, chill... just because we won don't mean we played how we can. Especially after the first half. It was major squeaky bum time there, we almost blew it, something we've done far too much lately. Everyones happy with the result, just the play has to massively improve if we want to get back where we belong

correct.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 pm

dundreamin wrote:Err WE WON 1-0 away, like I said earlier some on here ain't got a FOOKING clue. And now I,ve proven my point. Imagine when we eventually win the prem,they would be moaning that we never won it in style. CLUELESS,CLUELESS. But am buzzing because am going to wembley next month

You DO know there are 2 legs right?  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:56 pm

*logs on*   delighted    *logs off*
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 am

really hope stoke can show us how to play decent football on saturday :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby laza » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:02 am

Couldnt care how we won to be honest

Considering it was first leg of cup tie away against that opposition and with all off field malarky in recent times I just happy with the win or should I say advantage for the second leg

While I can understand the football romantics and thats not a slur, sometimes you just have to  win ugly
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 am

While i agree this was a great result, 1-0 away to the team of the season.
I actually think our overly defensive set-up was creating more trouble then necessary, Glen Johnson and Martin Kelly are not really well schooled in bolstering the middle of the park, which to me looked like where they were instructed to do during parts of the 2nd half.
We had no out ball, and i think we would have been better trying to press them sooner then we were.
I actually think we got this result as much by Cities failure to captalise as our own defensive ability, i certainly would not have been suprised to see them score a goal in the later stages of the game!
But we got the result and i'm happy, lets hope we can see them off in the 2nd leg and get to Wembley :)

One final note, i was again very dissapointed by downing, apart from his shot from Gerrards corner it just did not click for him. At times i forgot he was on the park!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:12 am

2 legs, OF COURSE I DO. have YOU  ever attended a 2 leg game home and away?? My first was against borussia monchengladbach season 1972-73. Were you there? ????
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:20 am

First team to keep a clean sheet there since November 2010.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:22 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Fu(kin moaning [email=B@stards...]B@stards...[/email] We had a job to do and we did it.  Fu(k off you play station nobs

:laugh:

Not "Quite" I would have put it OLA but I agree with the sentiment.

Some of us Old Boys remember when we used to do that in Europe and save our best for the FINAL !  :D

The alternative is to go tot to toe against City on their own ground and hopefully win by more than one goal but the risk is that like the Premiership game there a couple of weeks back we get caught on the break and lose heavily..........

I know which I prefer :)

P.S. You could take the best players at City, United, RM and Barca combined and I would still fancy us in a second leg at Anfield !!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:28 am

It's all about context. If you compare the performance tonight with some ideal standard befitting for a club of our statute then the complaints about the team being too defensive second half sound quite reasonable. But this is to ignore the reality of the situation we're in. We aren't at or near that ideal level and won't be for some time yet so for now just be pleased that we beat the league leaders in their own back yard and managed to keep a clean sheet in the process. Wembley beckons...
LFC2007

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:40 am

I personally dont like that "backs against the wall and try to frustrate them" football, but we did a great job at the title contenders home. I cant really pick a man of the match because no-one stood out. Downing was particularly bad and Carroll isnt getting any luck whatsoever. He did try hard and had a shot saved and a header wide. He made a nuisance of himself and helped to secure the win. Hopefully if he continues to improve he will get the luck that strikers need
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:42 am

RedSi35 wrote:Stevieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

Briliant Pen

Get in there!!!!!

Great result, well done the Reds.... 90 minutes to go.

Won't be easy but great start.
Last edited by Reg on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 am

I'll be honest the entire time once we set up shop I was a bit irritated, the entire time I was thinking "If this ends 1-0, fine but you can't risk that so early in the match cause if we were to let one in we'd be fecked."  in the end it ended 1-0 so I'm happy with that result and can't complain honestly.  No one would have complained with a 1-0 result before the match so there's no reason to complain now.
Zidane

Postby tonyeh » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:19 am

Hardly the greatest match ever, but a decent win all the same.
tonyeh

Postby laza » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:21 am

Dalglish wrote:Some of us Old Boys remember when we used to do that in Europe and save our best for the FINAL !  :D

Have to take your word for it Ian some of us 44 year olds  were too young to remember   :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games