MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby metalhead » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:57 am

Anyone nervous about this game? I think we have a chance, as long as we stay solid at the back and score our chances we will be fine

Prediction: 1-1
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:31 am

Hopefullly a little bit of confidence running through the team, downing and carroll especially. Defence back to normal, but not sure how the midfield will line up, gerrard, adam, downing, spearing and kuyt i guess. With carroll up top.

City will hopefully be tired from their game today, so i fully expect a close game.

2-1 to us
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:33 am

Without Yaya Toure and with Gerrard starting we have a cracking chance.

I'm hoping the confidence boosting goals by Carroll and Downing will help us see a different performance from them.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:21 pm

And now with Kompany suspended we might be sweet! :)
Kopite-Jud

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:07 pm

No Kompany and no Toure brothers, they definitely look beatable, but at their home ground, I'd be happy with a draw.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:11 pm

hoping for a draw, but fear we're going to get f**ked if we field the likes of Downing, Spearing and Kuyt
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:19 am

Gerrard will not start.

Shelvey adam and spearing in the middle with maxi and kuyt on either flank and carrol upfront on his own. Pack the midfield up get the ball to Andy. 0-1

Dont think Mancini will play that strong tbh especially with kompany toures missing. They will focus on the premierleague

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Johnny Boy » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 am

I am hoping Gerrard and Bellamy both start. They will definitely miss Yaya Toure.

A draw would be a decent result but if we create chances we have to take them.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 am

RichardLFC1 wrote:Gerrard will not start.

Shelvey adam and spearing in the middle with maxi and kuyt on either flank and carrol upfront on his own. Pack the midfield up get the ball to Andy. 0-1

Dont think Mancini will play that strong tbh especially with kompany toures missing. They will focus on the premierleague

Why not?

He started against Oldham. I see no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't unless he is not fully recovered from injury, which in fact he showed against Oldham he was fit.

I'm sure that Kenny will want to get a decent result against City early on this week as the return leg in only days before the United FA Cup tie - no way will Gerrard miss that one, he is far more likely to be rested in the City second leg.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm sure that Kenny will want to get a decent result against City early on this week as the return leg in only days before the United FA Cup tie - no way will Gerrard miss that one, he is far more likely to be rested in the City second leg.

Think we'd be mad to rest Gerrard in the 2nd leg... we havent won a trophy in 5 years and we're close in the Carling Cup.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Why not?

He started against Oldham. I see no reason whatsoever why he wouldn't unless he is not fully recovered from injury, which in fact he showed against Oldham he was fit.

I'm sure that Kenny will want to get a decent result against City early on this week as the return leg in only days before the United FA Cup tie - no way will Gerrard miss that one, he is far more likely to be rested in the City second leg.

Because before he returned and was close to fitness Kenny said we won't give him a string of games like last time. I think he is more likely to have a bench role v citeh and come on if needed

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 pm

jacdaniel wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:I'm sure that Kenny will want to get a decent result against City early on this week as the return leg in only days before the United FA Cup tie - no way will Gerrard miss that one, he is far more likely to be rested in the City second leg.

Think we'd be mad to rest Gerrard in the 2nd leg... we havent won a trophy in 5 years and we're close in the Carling Cup.

exactly, we're 3 games away from lifting a trophy...  play the full first team.  :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

RichardLFC1 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Why not?

Because before he returned and was close to fitness Kenny said we won't give him a string of games like last time. I think he is more likely to have a bench role v citeh and come on if needed

Well I don't consider 2 starts in a row "a string of games".

I can see Gerrard starting against City. Bench against Bolton. Start against City and possibly United.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:14 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
RichardLFC1 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Why not?

Well I don't consider 2 starts in a row "a string of games".

I can see Gerrard starting against City. Bench against Bolton. Start against City and possibly United.

What about stoke?

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:24 pm

If there was ever a chance to get at City and beat them its now, I'm seriously hoping we come good second half of the season and start developing that killer instinct, we're really gonna need it

sneaky 1:0
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games