Liverpool Vs Roma 24/04 19:45 ko - CL Semi final 1st Leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:06 pm

parchpea » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 pm wrote:I stopped cheering the goals at 4 somehow it felt inappropriate, Roma had thrown the towel in.

5 nil it was incredible really this team makes you rethink the parameters of whats possible and when you feel it they pull you back into reality, 2 late goals for Roma.

It was bitter sweet but we are now favourites for the CL and Roma are 40/1.

They haven’t conceded a goal at home in this competition but it will be extraordinary if we dont smash that record up and more remarkable if they turn this tie around.

Fantastic and memorable night, what a superb team we have and yet it has elements that can be improved, get that right and go for it this summer we will be a hell of a contender for the title.

Roma have lost 6 times at home in the league though this season to teams like Sampdoria, Atalanta and that AC Milan side Arsenal breezed past. I think I saw a stat that said that we have scored 10 goals in our last 3 away games in the CL as well.
Yes of course we need to show them respect, if they scored 2 goals in 10 minutes at Anfield I'm sure they are capable of doing that on their own patch as well but we also saw that when we hit top gear they couldn't live with us.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:07 pm

bunglemark2 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 pm wrote:On a more sombre note, the fan who was attacked before the game is generating some interesting news coverage, to say the least.
I wasn't there of course but it *seems* at least from various news articles that it was unprovoked and the actions of a rogue group of Roma 'fans'. The guy attacked was in his fifties.
Footage of some bloke holding a hammer, not sure which club he was there to allegedly support.
Either way, the news coverage talks about skirmishes and violent clashes before the game and reads lie another opportunity to bash LFC fans.
One example here: http://www.punditarena.com/football/smc ... -hospital/

More here
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2018/04/h ... hooligans/
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:11 pm

We've only ourselves to blame for the fierce rivalry, I mean, how dare we beat them in the final in 1984. These ***** hold a grudge longer than my ex wife.  :laugh:
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Hope that fella pulls through, his poor family must be worried sick.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:44 pm

2nd leg will be volatile on and off the pitch. Our fans have to try and stay safe from savages.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:49 pm

We've scored at least 5 goals against every team we've played in Europe this season. Now that's the stat of champions
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games