MAN CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Carling Cup Semi Final 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Hmmmmm....not sure what to think. *IF* we win the second leg at home, and make it through to the final - is that not planned for the 25th Feb ? Is that not the same day as the Merseyside derby ?
'Cos the missus bought me a ticket, flight and hotel for that game for Crimbo, and it looks like i'll forfeit all of it....esp. as it's a poxy Ryanair flight :(
Those w@nkers never refund you.
I presume LFC would refund the ticket or give you one for another game ? Anyone know ?

By law they have to refund you the tax. They may not offer but you are entitled to it. Considering the tax often represents more % than the ticket cost, you may not lose as much as you think.

Edit: the final is on the 26th

Ta mate....I knew about the tax....wasn't sure about the date for the final...

Tried to get a refund from Ryanair before..... you'll only get it if someone from your immediate family dies and you can provide them with the death cert  :D
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 pm

In a way I'm glad we played poor in the second half to many timed this season we've played excellent and only come away with a point. It's also good we can play so bad and still win

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:51 pm

I just read that away goals only count in extra time at Anfield.  So for example, if City are winning 2 - 1 after 90 mins... it will go to extra time.  If the score is the same after 120 mins, they will go through.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:05 pm

jacdaniel wrote:I just read that away goals only count in extra time at Anfield.  So for example, if City are winning 2 - 1 after 90 mins... it will go to extra time.  If the score is the same after 120 mins, they will go through.

Yeah that has been the way for the last couple of years I think.

Can't say I agree with the difference compared to other knockout competitions, but either way it's an advantage. Look at it this way - we can't go out on a tied aggregate score after 90 mins.
Last edited by SouthCoastShankly on Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:37 pm

People keep saying "it wasnt City's strongest 11" but it wasnt ours either.

No Suarez
No Lucas
No Enrique
Gerrard only just back from a massive lay off

This was a great result and a great show of the team spirit when we sat back and let them attack us.  everyone defending for the team with very few chances falling to City.

Excellent performance in the first half and IMO the right tactics in the second to be the firat team in about 18 months that have not conceded to probably the most expensive team ever created in world football.... 

but I know some of you would rather we stood toe to toe and made it more exciting!!!!  bizzare, last time we did that (About a week ago) we where the better team and lost 3 - 0!!!  Is that what you would have preffered???
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby destro » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:43 pm

Shamefull LFC fans at it again ?  ???  Some lads in a car having a go at Nasri obviously they have to be Liverpool fans what with us being the worst behaved fans in the history of football. Seriously,are we going to be accused of everything that happens in the world of football. This :censored: is getting really boring now :angry: There is no proof at all that they are even Liverpool fans but why let the facts get in the way of trying to drag our clubs name further in to the dirt !
destro

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 am

destro wrote:Shamefull LFC fans at it again ?  ???  Some lads in a car having a go at Nasri obviously they have to be Liverpool fans what with us being the worst behaved fans in the history of football. Seriously,are we going to be accused of everything that happens in the world of football. This :censored: is getting really boring now :angry: There is no proof at all that they are even Liverpool fans but why let the facts get in the way of trying to drag our clubs name further in to the dirt !

idiots...  but poss not LFC fans.. where did this happen? Could just be bitters jumping on the bandwagon!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:49 am

Aussie Style wrote:Stevie interrupts Mancini's post match interview :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16512668.stm

Good lad Stevie, keep him on the back foot.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:53 am

Reg wrote:
Aussie Style wrote:Stevie interrupts Mancini's post match interview :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/16512668.stm

Good lad Stevie, keep him on the back foot.

Hilarious.  And so true.  Glad to see Stevie sticking up for his boys.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby destro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:09 pm

crazyhorse wrote:
destro wrote:Shamefull LFC fans at it again ?  ???  Some lads in a car having a go at Nasri obviously they have to be Liverpool fans what with us being the worst behaved fans in the history of football. Seriously,are we going to be accused of everything that happens in the world of football. This :censored: is getting really boring now :angry: There is no proof at all that they are even Liverpool fans but why let the facts get in the way of trying to drag our clubs name further in to the dirt !

idiots...  but poss not LFC fans.. where did this happen? Could just be bitters jumping on the bandwagon!

They are on Princess Parkway in Manchester, they are driving towards the Mancunian way which COULD lead you on to the M62 to Liverpool but would lead you to Trafford park ( and the theatre of queens ) a lot quicker  :;):
destro

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games