Liverpool v Manchester United, Monday 17 Oct, KO 8pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby JC_81 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Night game should suit us but result will hinge on whether we score early/first. We do do both and I think we'll go on to beat them heavily. If it isn't clicking and they score first and shut up shop, or frustrate us and catch us late on on the break, could be curtains for us. Being underdogs in this game will suit united and Mourinho.

On the plus side we are simply a better team than them and if we play like we are capable of then it doesn't matter what they do, we'll win.

Favourite game against them? There's a few. The 4-1 and 3-0 at OT were crackers. But the 3-3 at Anfield when we were 3-0 down and looked beaten was one of my favourites with Razor powering in a bullet header to equalise!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Another game that i also enjoyed was when we drew 2-2 in 98/99 i think.
Ince scored the equaliser. We were 0-2 dow. Carragher right at the end missed a chance for us to snatch victory.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 pm

With Lallana and Wijnaldum most likely out this would be our best option.

------- Can -------- Henderson --------

-Mane -------Firmino--------Coutinho-

--------------Sturridge------------
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Squad looks strong and if those two miss out, we are not really weaker if those two do miss up
Doeboy

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:47 pm

This is a mental game and it's one I think JK will win !!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:49 am

Its the biggest game of the season, if we can beat the Mancs then it sends a clear signal that Klopp has turned us round and we're top 4 material. If we win this game we can expect to be top 4.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:42 pm

heard about the ref issue. What do you guys think??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:03 am

maguskwt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 pm wrote:heard about the ref issue. What do you guys think??

Not the wisest decision the Premier League have ever made for sure but given the press have flagged up that he's from Wythensaw I suspect Anthony Taylor will be very wary of being seen to favour United.
I honestly don't know what the Premier League were thinking of when they decided to appoint him though, all they have done is put Taylor in an arkward position, all refs make mistakes and if he makes one Monday night in favour of United you can just imagine what will be said and written.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:31 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:03 pm wrote:
maguskwt » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:42 pm wrote:heard about the ref issue. What do you guys think??

Not the wisest decision the Premier League have ever made for sure but given the press have flagged up that he's from Wythensaw I suspect Anthony Taylor will be very wary of being seen to favour United.
I honestly don't know what the Premier League were thinking of when they decided to appoint him though, all they have done is put Taylor in an arkward position, all refs make mistakes and if he makes one Monday night in favour of United you can just imagine what will be said and written.

Yeah... I think it's kinda unfair to the ref... what is the PL doing? Are they even doing their job? I think Taylor's in a tough spot... if he is seen to favour United, it's because he is from the area, and yet if he is seen to favour Liverpool, he is over compensating...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:40 pm

His every decision will be scrutinised especially if he gives odd ones to United.

Even though i feel confident i still think Lallana and Wijnaldum are going to be a loss. They work really hard in Klopps system. Both players are workhorses.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:07 pm

redshade » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:40 pm wrote:His every decision will be scrutinised especially if he gives odd ones to United.

Even though i feel confident i still think Lallana and Wijnaldum are going to be a loss. They work really hard in Klopps system. Both players are workhorses.

Yeah I agree, whenever we play one of the big teams gegenpressing is deffo the ace up our sleeve, it's huge for us but it is not an infallible system as it's completely dependant on everyone grafting their @rses off, in fact you only need one player going through the motions for the whole thing to unravel.
On Monday night two of our front four will be Sturridge and Coutinho, as good as they are when they've got the ball at their feet I'm not convinced they will be able to put Uniteds defence under the type of suffocating pressure that we need to force them into mistakes.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:45 am

Yup exactly. Lallana for example suits Klopps system perfectly. He runs like his life depends on it. How many times have we seen him intercept a pass, make that crucial tackle or put pressure on the opposition which forces them to make a poor pass etc..
Lallana, Firmino are very good at this.
Wijnaldum is another who adds to the system

Couts and Studge are technically good but like you said- no real pressure off the ball.
If our pressing does not work well then it will give Jose a chance against us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:20 pm

redshade » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:45 pm wrote:Yup exactly. Lallana for example suits Klopps system perfectly. He runs like his life depends on it. How many times have we seen him intercept a pass, make that crucial tackle or put pressure on the opposition which forces them to make a poor pass etc..
Lallana, Firmino are very good at this.
Wijnaldum is another who adds to the system

Couts and Studge are technically good but like you said- no real pressure off the ball.
If our pressing does not work well then it will give Jose a chance against us.

More than a chance mate, defensively there's nothing worse than a half @rsed press.
Normally I'd say play Origi instead of Sturridge but Origi doesn't seem to be working as hard as he did last season either.
Maybe Ings could be the answer.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Pre match press conference

https://youtu.be/uJEZ-ig098M
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:56 pm

Ta mate. Much appreciated.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member