FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 31st october – 3.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm

Madmax wrote:I wonder where we were after 11 games played in past seasons?  Owzat will come up with the stats.

2008/9
                            pld    points
1 Chelsea               11    26   
2 Liverpool              11   26   
3 Manchester United 10  21   
4 Arsenal                11   20

2009/10

liverpool                 11    18
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby sgs » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:28 pm

s@int wrote:
sgs wrote:Am suprised that no one spoken about the red cards!

Hate to say it, but we've been victims of poor refereeing decisions from the first game at spurs, even while acknowledging mistakes.

Today, the substitution of torres IMO is not an issue; we all know he is not 100%..

This is a game we had no business losing, and should really have won in the first 20mins...

Degan's should only have been a booking , but Carra was living on borrowed time for me...... he had quite a few close decisions go his way before the red card.

Close decision or not, borrowed time or not, the issue is the merit of this particular decision or lack thereof..

I have seen the clip several times now and it is not a red card..
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 pm

sgs wrote:
s@int wrote:
sgs wrote:Am suprised that no one spoken about the red cards!

Hate to say it, but we've been victims of poor refereeing decisions from the first game at spurs, even while acknowledging mistakes.

Today, the substitution of torres IMO is not an issue; we all know he is not 100%..

This is a game we had no business losing, and should really have won in the first 20mins...

Degan's should only have been a booking , but Carra was living on borrowed time for me...... he had quite a few close decisions go his way before the red card.

Close decision or not, borrowed time or not, the issue is the merit of this particular decision or lack thereof..

I have seen the clip several times now and it is not a red card..

Taken as an isolated incident I would agree mate, but rarely do referees ignore what has preceeded the incident.

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:32 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Haven't seen the game, saw some stats earlier that said we had 68% of possesion. If thats the case surely Rafa didn't get it ALL wrong ?. The players (yeah I know Rafa bought them) have to take some responsibilty for their failure.

Bizarre. The beeb have Fulham down as having 51% of overall possession. Sky have US down as having 64% and you've found another source saying 68%.

My impression - we dominated the ball 1st half without doing much, had a decent amount early 2nd where we might have done something, then we lost the plot basically.

We lost the plot when torres went off, although I thought he had a knock, turned out he didnt
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Just got back from the match We Were fu.cking sh.ite ,

RED cARDS cARRAS STRAIGHT RED FOR ME

Degans was a yellow

Feel fu.cking sick here .
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:34 pm

metalhead wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Haven't seen the game, saw some stats earlier that said we had 68% of possesion. If thats the case surely Rafa didn't get it ALL wrong ?. The players (yeah I know Rafa bought them) have to take some responsibilty for their failure.

Bizarre. The beeb have Fulham down as having 51% of overall possession. Sky have US down as having 64% and you've found another source saying 68%.

My impression - we dominated the ball 1st half without doing much, had a decent amount early 2nd where we might have done something, then we lost the plot basically.

We lost the plot when torres went off, although I thought he had a knock, turned out he didnt  :angry:

I have corrected your post for you mate

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:36 pm

s@int wrote:
metalhead wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

We lost the plot when torres went off, although I thought he had a knock, turned out he didnt  :angry:

I have corrected your post for you mate

Thanks.. ''dark side'' emoticon :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 pm

s@int wrote:
Madmax wrote:I wonder where we were after 11 games played in past seasons?  Owzat will come up with the stats.

2008/9
                            pld    points
1 Chelsea               11    26   
2 Liverpool              11   26   
3 Manchester United 10  21   
4 Arsenal                11   20

2009/10

liverpool                 11    18

Makes one cry that does.. We are like the arsenal or last season i guess but a little more shyte.  :(
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:38 pm

metalhead wrote:Rafa Benitez defended his decision to substitute Fernando Torres in the second half of the 3-1 defeat to Fulham and claimed he was protecting his star striker. 
El Nino scored a brilliant equaliser on the stroke of half-time but was replaced after 63 minutes with the scores level at 1-1.

"We decided to play Fernando against United which was a difficult decision because he wasn't 100 per cent fit," the boss told his post-match press conference.

"After this game he needed four days to be ready again but he still isn't 100 per cent fit, so we had to decide if he could start today or use him for part of the second half. We decided to start with him but I have to protect the player.

"We decided to take him off just after the hour because I want to protect him and don't want to lose an important player like Fernando for one month. We had options in attack when he came off."

Reflecting on the loss at Craven Cottage, Benitez said: "Always it's hard to take any defeat but especially this one because we were in control of the game.

"I was really surprised because the first half was a one sided game. We made one mistake when we conceded a goal but after Fernando scored we were in control.

"I don't know the percentage of possession we had but it was unbelievable to concede in the first half after controlling everything.

"They were more offensive in the second half and we made a massive mistake when we conceded the second goal. We then had two players sent-off."

Meanwhile, the Reds boss revealed the club will make an appeal over the two red cards shown to Philipp Degen and Jamie Carragher.

"For me, the first one with Degen was a yellow card, and with the second one it was clear that Carra was kicking the ball and not Zamora," he added. "I watched the replay and it is clear.

"We will try to appeal against both red cards because for me it's very clear that Carra was kicking the ball and the other one Degen was not kicking the player.

"It was difficult to take but it was a good response from the nine players who worked hard, but always it's very difficult to come back against 11 players.

"We now have a difficult game against Lyon. My concern now is we have too many injuries and we have to analyse which players will be available for Wednesday.

"All the managers want to win games and when you are not winning you have to analyse why, and we are doing this.

"Everyone saw the game against United and you saw we have confidence and we can do it.

"It's a question of taking your chances when you create them and don't make massive mistakes like today and give a lift to the other team.

"We have to be calm, keep working hard and find solutions." 

--------------------------

???  ???

More meaningless platitudes from Rafa. More of the "we have to keep working hard", "we have to eliminate mistakes", "we need to score more goals.."
Well, me aul segosia, with one striker (unfit) up front, whom opposition players kick seven shades of shyte out of, with a donkey with a ponytail who is muck for club and country (Voronin), with two inept toothless midfielders who couldn't split a defence with a meat cleaver, with a bench full of players nobody else wanted or who haven't got what it takes in the premiership....
Which mistakes have I missed then ?
Oh yeah, the one where the one playmaker who might change the game is taken off....AGAIN !...
You phuckin' :censored: Benitez. I've heard enough whining about lack of funds. You have signed cack year after year, wasted millions - whether the net balance is lower than other clubs or not - and overall we are weaker than even Spudz !!
What exactly am I missing here ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:43 pm

You forget to mention that atm you have a dildo in your a.s.s ... :D  just joking.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Nah, mate, that's yer mother's flute ! :D
bunglemark2

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:45 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Nah, mate, that's yer mother's flute ! :D

:D  i thought it was your daddies pogo stick..
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:47 pm

Nah. Last I heard that was otherwise engaged in your sister...
bunglemark2

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Dazzer wrote:I take Hodgson over rafa atm ffs.  :sniffle

You fuc.king soft tool you , get a grip for god sake,  :no
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:49 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Nah. Last I heard that was otherwise engaged in your sister...

lol

atleast theres some entertainment in the thread now..

Bunlgedungle telling us some of his family fetish stories.
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games