FULHAM VS LIVERPOOL - Saturday 31st october – 3.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Greavesie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 pm

metalhead wrote:
Greavesie wrote:its a pretty dismal run, when was the last time we lost 6 in 7? How the hell we've been doing so badly and are still in the top half is beyond me. I refuse to concede that any title challenge is over but we've still got a long season ahead of us.

So many uncertainties surround this club at the moment, its just one big mess, sacking Rafa would only add to the woes we currently have

Yep, but it does not mean that the manager is faultless, we lost 5 league games, and its down to the one responsible of managing the team. Forget about the title now, lets try to get CL qualification and win something, many will be happy with that.

I know MH and winning the CL or going on a decent run would only paper over the issues we have in the league and I do appreciate that. I assure you I'm not blinded by a faith in rafa, I can see his faults.

I want to see Rafa with a full, fit and healthy squad, and with our house in order. Till then he's part of the furniture for me

Thats just my opinion of course and I appreciate if you see otherwise

after all I expect to speak to people with differing views, thats what this place if for isnt it?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Greavesie wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Greavesie wrote:So many uncertainties surround this club at the moment, its just one big mess, sacking Rafa would only add to the woes we currently have

Someone with a bit of sense , Well in Greavesie Lad

cheers Nan  :)

you've been today haven't you? take it you had a good time then?  :D

Yeh in the pub before the game,  :laugh: Absolutly gutless performance today mate, Met Bav before the match but never seen him after,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:39 pm

Dazzer wrote:
Reg wrote:Oh dear we lost.

Moaners half hour is it?
:censored: you sarcastic :censored: go play with ya self or something or better go give Rafa a hug he gonna need one.

la la la la la...............  :love:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:45 pm

We have to assume that Agger, Aurelio, Ngog & Skyrtel all have the virus or a knock. There is no way they would all have been left out otherwise and anyone who thinks otherwise may as well f*ck off and do some knitting or summat.

Torres has trained about 3 days in the last 3 weeks and was never going to play a full game today. As Carra said when quizzed post match "We all know Fernandos got problems..sports scientists input...decisions like that are often made before the game". Sports scientists eh, wow experts who actually know what the f**k they're on about!

Benni- strange one to me, yeah we have seen similar at Reading but none of us know the reason behind it yet and after Reading we did get the results we needed to qualify for CL KO stage. Can we afford not to do that?

I agree Rafa (like ALL other managers) has made some mistakes in the transfer market, but he buys riskier players because we cannot afford to pay over £15m for every signing. Ppl need to be realistic with what they expect from £6-£12m players. The one expensive mistake was Keane and if Rafa had been allowed to but Barry instead of Keane like he wanted then we wouldn't be so :censored: now that Xabi's gone. And don't tell me Xabi wouldn;t have gone if it wasn't for the Barry saga, he was offered to play for one of the 2 best teams in his home country, enhance his chances for the national team in world cup year and without extortionate uk tax.

IMHO We are where we are and Rafa is the man to get us through it, and he will.
Masch79

Postby Masch79 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:56 pm

BTW Greavsie, Nanny- nice to see some sense, it's bad enough listening to all the cr@p on tv & radio without our own fans spouting it.
Masch79

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Masch79 wrote:it's bad enough listening to all the cr@p on tv & radio without our own fans spouting it.

At least you managed to get this bit right  :D
account deleted by request

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:01 pm

Do you know what stuck in my throat today , watching our subs warm up, Speo, Plessis, and Ecclestone, followed by Dossena, im sorry but i looked over an though fu.ckin hell ,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what stuck in my throat today , watching our subs warm up, Speo, Plessis, and Ecclestone, followed by Dossena, im sorry but i looked over an though fu.ckin hell ,

there was a rumour of a virus doing the rounds, the squad was bare thin today mate

What was the reaction to the subs over there? lost for words on them like

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:11 pm

Greavesie wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what stuck in my throat today , watching our subs warm up, Speo, Plessis, and Ecclestone, followed by Dossena, im sorry but i looked over an though fu.ckin hell ,

there was a rumour of a virus doing the rounds, the squad was bare thin today mate

What was the reaction to the subs over there? lost for words on them like

Nothing when Torres came off ,he was getting hacked to pieces anyway, but a few Boos when Yossie was subbed, especialy from a gang of Norweigans behind me, But they didnt have a clue anyway, I wonder if that was Heimdell an his followers :laugh: I couldnt understand the Yossi sub meself to be honest,
I was gettin sick of the ball being played from side to side we never pushed forward at all , Nothing from the middle mate nothing,
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Masch79 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:13 pm

s@int wrote:
Masch79 wrote:it's bad enough listening to all the cr@p on tv & radio without our own fans spouting it.

Why which parts of what I said did I get wrong iyo s@int?

I thought you were right about the cards btw.
Masch79

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:17 pm

I wish carra would of just gotten off the pitch.  I thought that would be and will always be a straight red, but it's only a one game ban.  Now that his :censored: didn't get off, we're probably looking at 2 to 3 game ban, with the squad this fecked as it is we can't just go missing CB's because he got away with 2 similar tackles before :D.

But Degen, his def. was not a direct red.  Felt bad for the guy, looked like he was going to cry at one point before leaving the field.
SupitsJonF

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:22 pm

Masch79 wrote:
s@int wrote:

Why which parts of what I said did I get wrong iyo s@int?

I thought you were right about the cards btw.

Just messing mate.... don't worry about me I am just p!ssed off at the moment.

Welcome to the site btw. I will take this bit back .....just noticed you have been here a while :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Masch79 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:50 pm

Thanks, no worries mate  :blues:
Masch79

Postby Greavesie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 pm

yeh welcome from me n al mate :)

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Rockthekop » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:58 pm

So tell me, for those who blame injuries for the defeat, how do you explain the other 4 defeats with a strong/full strength team?

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR 2 - 1 LIVERPOOL - Torres and Gerrard played

LIVERPOOL 1 - 3 ASTON VILLA - Torres and Gerrard played

SUNDERLAND 1 - 0 LIVERPOOL - no Torres or Gerrard but a strong team regardless

CHELSEA 2 - 0 LIVERPOOL - Torres and Gerrard played
Rockthekop

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games