LIVERPOOL VS  NORWICH - Saturday  22nd October 17.30 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby stmichael » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:25 pm

same old same old. played like a champions league side in the first half then like a championship side in the second. it was exactly the same against sunderland and wolves this season. could and should have been out of sight by half time but our finishing in general was abysmal. it needs sorting out and quickly.

downing needs to be dropped to the bench because he;s struggling at the moment. i still can't get my head round why kenny took bellamy me off who i thought was one of our best players. if anybody should have come off it was kuyt who i thought was poor.

carroll's miss at the end just about summed it all up. really really frustrating.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:28 pm

We lack quality, our buys did not improve us greatly and our tactics are all wrong

We need quality nuff said and Suarez needs to stop moaning and b!tching every time someone tackles him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby masterraj » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:19 am

Why is it in the last ten minutes of a game like this when we are drawing we come to life and look like a different team. If we played in matches like this for ninety mins we could be sitting near the top of the league !! To be fair we were very unlucky today :(
masterraj

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:42 am

:censored: me what a pain in the rectum of  agame . Should have won abou 10 -1
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

can't believe how many chances we missed though! Suarez missed loads of sitters, and Carroll at the end! WTF!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:18 am

I had to work on my car today during the game, but caught the first 20 minutes.  Starting, Gerrard, Adam, Suarez and Bellamy looked great.  Downing was having issues tho.. I don't know if it's him starting on the right or if he just needs to sit a game out.

Apparently I'm glad I didn't watch the rest.  Originally I was bummed that I was gonna miss it, but I would have just been yelling and throwing sh!t at my walls in anger if I'd watched.

To be 100% honest, after we hit the post the 2nd time and Downing missed horribly wide, I said to myself "It's gonna be one of those days."  I just knew we'd be scrapping for the win in the end.  Haven't seen loads of the misses, but feels a lot of the same.  Can't say it's the worst result ever because Norwich have actually been very good of late.  As bad as we were, Norwich actually deserved the 3 points at OT.  No, they didn't get them, but it shows they can play with quality.  Kinda like the first half of Blackpool's season last year.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby killerp » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:08 am

No excuses for us, we were not good enough. Each draw is 2 points further away from the top 4.
killerp

Postby tonyeh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:57 am

woof woof ! wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I'm so p'issed off , drop Suarez, his f'ucking theatrics are doing my head in. If he played for any other team, whilst we might acknowledge his ability we'd all be calling him a kunt. 

This is true

Somebody needs to have a word, its getting embarrassing

Not just embarrassing DD, I think it's detracting from his game.

Seems to me that the refs have already marked his card for persistent diving and are waving away even genuine appeals for fouls.

If he stayed on his feet maybe (just maybe) we might gain more from him and referees decisions.

Yeh, I agree with both of you.

I had a manc today say to me today, that we've found an ugly Ronaldo.
tonyeh

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:08 am

Each draw and NU and Spurs continue with their winning ways, the lesser our chance of qualifying for CL. I have decided to lower my expectations and without any major signings in the next window, I expect us to finish 5th at the very best, 6th again most likely.

Kenny replaced a striker in Kuyt with a central defender in the dying minutes means Kenny just wanted to avoid a defeat. With over 120 million invested since KD took over, I've noticed our play have improved but our results, should I dare say, are worse. Last year we beat the likes of Man U, Chelsea, Newcastle, Fulham, Newcastle with impressive results. So far this year, we're not getting those kinds of results. So far we're not top 4 quality because Norwich were easily brushed aside by Chelsea and Manure recently and yet we struggled to earn a point playing them and they could have won too.

The best way to compare, at least statistically, is last year when KD took over, we got 33 points from 18 games. So we'll see how many points we will collect after 18 games into this season and see how the new edition of over 120 million spent will have performed. I am starting to doubt whether we can even get 33 points or even near it. But I'll be more than happy to eat my words if we can.

One of our weaknesses is lacking mental toughness to kill off the game. That's why we always seem to run out of steam in the 2nd halves. Our finishing is poor and luck was just not on our side (hitting the woodwork 3 times). Suarez has good ball control skills but his finishing can be poor and our strikers available to partner him, Kuyt, Carroll are not prolific scorers like Rush, Owen, Fowler etc.

I still yearn for Lvp to sign a right winger. Downing seems to be better at the left wing. Hendo and Adam are just average performing players and Hendo was overvalued. We most likely need to sign a quality striker in January to take over the centre forward role. Carroll to me is Liverpool's biggest blunder signing since the birth of the club.

If no quality signings in a striker, right winger at least are made in January and if we don't buck up in our mental toughness, I see this season to be over and the only consolation is, 7th or 6th place finish is guaranteed.
alwayslfc

Postby RedSi35 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 am

We need a poacher, suarez for all his abilities doesnt appear to be able do a simple finish, kuyt wants to smash the ball through the net every time and carroll wants far to much time to get into position the get the ball onto hia left peg.

We need a michael owen
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:58 am

i would love to have seen Maxi played today. surely he is more effective then Henderson? ???

and Suarez needs to man up. he falls too easily and it's becoming sickening. plus his finishing is pretty poor too. i guess it's down to the fact that he works so hard in the build up that when it's at the final lap, he falls short. what we need right now is a striker. someone like Owen, Rush, Van Persie or Nistelrooy. we don't have a player in the box who anticipates and can sniff out the smallest of chances.

of all the transfers we've had this season, Bellamy and Enrique are impressing me most. Adam is alright, but when Lucas is back i rather see the latter start with Adam on the bench. i notice Gerrard was playing wayyyy too deep in midfield and he should be pushed further up where he is more effective.

maybe a more effective line up would be 3-5-2?

-----------------Reina
-----Skrtel--Carra--Agger
Johnson------------------Enrique
-----Gerrard---Lucas---Downing
-----------Suarez---Bellamy
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Boocity » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:58 am

We should never have let either one of Meireles or Aqua go
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:12 am

The problem is we spent millions yet still we talk about lacking players in some areas.

You have to say at the moment Carroll, Henderson and Downing look average buys at best.

Kenny will no doubt point to the future but we need performers NOW, also he has made tactical errors nearly every week now for me.

Kuyt should have been off after 60 minutes, Maxi on, taking Bellamy off was head scratching stuff, we ended up with Kuyt on the left flippin wing!

You could say we were unlucky yesterday, but when it went 1-1 it was like panic stations, no composure at all, I lost count of the number of times we didn't pick out the final pass.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:44 am

I am as frustrated as anyone
But lets put things into perspective. Its the day after and we should all be a little bit calmer now.
First of all Im a massive believer in luck. The skanks have more than their fair share and at this moment we havent had that much. We have just come off a two game period where we battered the sh'it out of the two teams we played and came away with a point from each. One was the reigning champions and the other a newly promoted minnow. We could say that a point is useless and be so disappointed that we didnt come away with 6 but that would be taking away the positive that we can atually dominate such teams, wheas in the past we have struggled and lost. Im not overjoyed with 2 points but I am pleased that we have shown that we can effectively smother teams and not allow them to play. Two lapses of concentration have cost us in both games and that needs rectifying, but to hit the post 3 times and miss chances by inches is a sign that were doing something right. Were just not ruthless enough and hopefully the players will suss this and kill teams off in the future.
Thommo's perm

Postby haps » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 am

Boocity wrote:We should never have let either one of Meireles or Aqua go

Agreed.  100%.
haps

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games