BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - 12 september 2010 : 16.00 ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby neil » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
neil wrote:lets face it, last season we would have lost this game.

Let's fact it - we drew this game last season.

:D

i thought that was a different game
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:16 pm

Ciggy wrote::glare: Roy: "My expectations were not that high anyway. It would have been disappointing to lose but I'm not that disappointed to draw.''

Seriously WTF?

Considering every one else dropped points and we had 24 hours to plan the strategy, thats a shocking wasted opportunity to make up some points.

But... as I've said... thats our standard now so we shouldnt be so surprised. We need new owners, a blank piece of paper and a lot of committment.

0-0.... feckin 'ell........  :lookaround
Last edited by Reg on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:18 pm

The good news is other teams did drop points .
Benny The Noon

Postby Scottbot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:The midfield will be much better once mereiles is played . We can't go on playing poulson and Lucas together. He will change that atleast.

That's a fact, the lad looked alright when he came on didn't he. He should have started.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Reg wrote:
Ciggy wrote::glare: Roy: "My expectations were not that high anyway. It would have been disappointing to lose but I'm not that disappointed to draw.''

Seriously WTF?

Considering every one else dropped points and we had 24 hours to plan the strategy, thats a shocking wasted opportunity to make up some points.

But... as I've said... thats our standard now so we shouldnt be so surprised. We need new owners, a blank piece of paper and a lot of committment.

Roy was happy with it though FML   :no

"But in the end I thought it was a very entertaining nil-nil. There were no goals in the game but there was certainly plenty of excitement and plenty of good passing."

Exciting? Entertaining? its was fuckin cr@p Roy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Reg wrote:

Seriously WTF?

Roy was happy with it though FML   :no

"But in the end I thought it was a very entertaining nil-nil. There were no goals in the game but there was certainly plenty of excitement and plenty of good passing."

Exciting? Entertaining? its was fuckin cr@p Roy.

:D

You have to laugh....an entertaining 0-0....what a bleedin' joke.
How many points are the Chavs ahead of us now ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby ironman » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:46 pm

If anyone wants to check my posts,, i said before the game, how negative of a team roy had put out.... i said the same things many times last yr under Rafa to,, we needed a positive manager to come in and be strong, Roy took all the easy options today which disappointed me so much, instead of being positive, like playing merelies, no,, he went with lucas ,, yet again, maxi,, were did that one come from,, such an ordinary player its unbelievable,, make kyut look quick,,we have NO PACE on the flanks,,surely weve explored every avenue now, so give babel a go??? i thought hodgson would be alot more positive and give him a chance,,, same old same old unfortunetly.... to make it worse he then seems happy enough in the interview after the game...:angry:
ironman

Postby rocky29 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:51 pm

looking forward to when we play west ham. Because we are both playing at about the same standard at the moment.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 pm

In and Out wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:The midfield will be much better once mereiles is played . We can't go on playing poulson and Lucas together. He will change that atleast.

Nah, I reckon he should persist with it ALL SEASON LONG.

Bam stop stirring the sh'it lad , your making yourself look like a proper knob.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Scottbot wrote:Very very disapointed with the performance today even if the result wasn't the end of the world. Roy's new Liverpool (so far) is a carbon copy of Rafa's 2009/10 Liverpool from what I can see.

I thought the personnel, set-up and substitutions were as lacking in ambition, verve or attakcing intent as anything Rafa threw out last time around.

- Didn't understand our midfield four at all. We played with two wreckers (not particularly good ones at that) in the middle with Lucas and Poulsen, the pedestrian Maxi on the right and Jovanovic (our best outfield player today) on the left. We sat VERY deep, invited them to press us, let them get the ball wide, fill the box and put crosses in to Jerome. When we did get it back our midfield were so far away from Gerrard/Torres and we lacked the wide players to carry it. It was obvious I thought?

- Baffled by the lack of substitutions. Rafa took stick for it (and rightly so) but Roy simply sat there and waited......and waited......and waited. Mereiles finally got on in the 75th minute to try and solve our dysfunctional midfield and Agger only came on as a forced substitute. The game finished 0-0 and Babel and Pachecho spent the 90 minutes picking splinters out of their a.s.s. We've got 5 points from 4 games with the mancs at trafford next weekend. Despite Birmingham's impressive home record, I fancy this was a game we should have been trying (a little harder) to win.

- Thank fook Joe Cole is available form here on in coz we desperately need him in the side. Would anyone really (deep down) be that upset if Lucas or Poulsen pulled a hammy (please spare me the usual response to this Benny) and had to sit it out for a few weeks? At least then we could avoid a repeat of these two manning the middle together again this season. They are an inept pairing.

- It's still early and perhaps Hodgson is going down the 'let's be tough to beat first and go from there approach' which I can understand and appreciate but it's got to get better. Hodgson remarked that our passing needs to improve, that our movement needs to get better but that will only happen if you get the right players in there. That means having at least one GENUINE wide player who offers a threat dribbling with the ball and playing someone with GENUINE passing ability and a bit of guille in the midfield two. We had neither today.

Good post, Scott (one of the rare few in this thread today).  Like you, I was disappointed with the performance today.  I recognize that away to Birmingham is actually one of the more challenging fixtures in the league these days and that these have been a bit of a bogey team for us in recent memory but I still think we should have put in a better shift than we saw today.  Too little control of the ball and too little done with it is starting to become a theme, and thus a worry.  I'm not panicking yet--we're only 4 games in FFS and WE WILL get much better than this but there's a long way to go.

Torres, Stevie and GJ all had off days by their high standards today, making us rather toothless.  On the flanks, neither Maxi nor Jova got up to much.  Rarely did they get in behind the fullbacks nor support Stevie and Nando with incisive passing.  Too often both ran down blind alleys or conceded possession cheaply.  In the middle of the park, Lucas was second best to everything and Poulsen was fairly anonymous, which made it hard for us to stamp our authority on proceedings.  I can understand Roy's decision not to blood Meireles in a tough away fixture but the difference in quality the minute he came on for Lucas was glaring.  We suddenly looked a threat.

At the back, we were at least decent.  I thought Konchesky had an excellent debut.  One ropey moment apart (when he gifted Carr a second crossing attempt) he was solid in defense and he played some nice stuff in attack too.  I think he could have been even more effective if Jovanovich had spotted a couple of his intelligent overlapping runs.  Skrtel and Carra both had fairly decent but the number of free headers conceded was a concern...especially in the first half.  On the right, I thought Johnson had one of his poorer games--nothing he tried seemed to come off and he was exposed a few times.  At the end of the day, Pepe was our only player truly in peak form and thank fook he was: what a clutch of saves to keep a clean sheet and salvage a point.  Now, he needs to share his secret so that we can get our other lads playing to their potential because it wasn't there today.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Some of pepe's save were out of this world - unbelievable reactions .
Benny The Noon

Postby Ciggy » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:39 pm

The problem is people are comparing these performances on par with Rafa's bad days at the office, what happens when this is as good as it gets under Hodgson?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Ciggy wrote:The problem is people are comparing these performances on par with Rafa's bad days at the office, what happens when this is as good as it gets under Hodgson?

Then we blame the owners.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Ciggy wrote:The problem is people are comparing these performances on par with Rafa's bad days at the office, what happens when this is as good as it gets under Hodgson?

It will get better - we have too good a squad for it not too - how much better will be the crunch . It is early and this is our worst start for a fair number of years but we still got plenty of games to go and the other teams are faltering as well .
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Watching this again on MOTD and we look even worse second time round....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games