LIVERPOOL VS BIRMINGHAM CITY - 09/11/09

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:51 pm

puroresu wrote:not convinced with ngog.  nice finish but he couldnt trap a bag of cement.

yes i see your point but i think he is getting better little by little.

i would add it is just a massive shame we are having to use him week in week out and he has to learn whilst playing in the important games (well arn't they all at the moment), this is due to the fact we do not have anyone else as cover for torres, if we had other match winning striker/ strikers he could be given more time on the pitch when the game is won and he would learn a bit more and would not hold the presure of leading the final line for LIVERPOOL no less which has to weigh down on him (after all he is only young)

playing when the game is won makes for more free flowing play and more time on the ball for him to hone his skills
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:53 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:gerrard again not fit but because he is the player he is he makes up for that with his passionand will alway give his all, again the 2 week break should help him (i hope he doesn't get called up for england)

the thing is, even at 50%, he's head and shoulders above everybody else in the side. just his presence on the pitch lifted the team and the crowd.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 pm

stmichael wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:gerrard again not fit but because he is the player he is he makes up for that with his passionand will alway give his all, again the 2 week break should help him (i hope he doesn't get called up for england)

the thing is, even at 50%, he's head and shoulders above everybody else in the side. just his presence on the pitch lifted the team and the crowd.

yep your not wrong, that is what i meant but you worded better  :D

i just hope he stays home now for these 2 weeks and they don't try and call him up to play for england he needs time to work on the injury and fitness and not to play in a pointless freindly
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Scottbot wrote:We're Fu...c...k...e...d  :(

Most likely out of everything by the end of November. I think i'm actually looking forward to the world cup. :(

Yes Mate, I have said that when we lost to Chelsea, that we will be out of everything by end of November, I can not blame the injuries for the pathetic performances!!!, last week against Fulham, where they had 4-5 first team players missing, and we still lost badly to them, they did not come out to say they have bad injuries, they just got on with the job and beat an expensive Rafa’s team.
Rafa ought to have had built a strong squad, where he had spent a huge amount money on, but proved to be one of the weakest squad among the top half clubs of the league!
I do not blame the players where most of them an expensive average players, BUT I blame only Rafa, he has lost the plot totally, and our club in the same position as we were seven years ago under another stupid manager in Houlier, so we are back to square one, Nil titles, Nil sliver ware, a squad of full utter rubbish, as it was then.

I am sorry to be very bitter about our club present situation under the fool Rafa, he ought to go now, before it will get worse than it is now. It is so shame to see our club in total disarray.
algymoon

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:05 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:yeah the injury list is very very silly.

.................especially considering FOUR of the eight in that 'website' list played - Skrtel, Johnson, Gerrard and Riera.
Last edited by Owzat on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:18 pm

Judge wrote:not good enough. dissillusioned with results and not being able to bury teams when dominating. If that had been a performance from, and im sorry to say, either man utd, chelsea or arsenal, they wouldve won 10-2 easily at a canter.

i hope folk dont blaim injuries etc, as you will sound like ferguson. We should have more depth and quality cover to allow for that.

His position as manager is looking grim at present, anyone who disagrees with that, is blind. IMO

£85m starting XI, maybe not all fully fit but a side containing Reina, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Mascherano, Riera, Benayoun and Kuyt shouldn't be relying on a dubious penalty to salvage a draw at home to a newly promoted side. Sure we've got injuries, but that's what a squad is for and at the moment we're avoiding defeat, winning the hardest game and not much else.

I just hope the decision making process doesn't go down the line of "Liverpool FC doesn't sack managers mid-season" and properly assess the situation rather than 'go with tradition'. We're probably all hoping things will turn around, they can't get much worse we all think/thought/prayed/said. But the truth is the club is a mess enough without one point from three games against Fulham, Sunderland and Brum. ELEVEN points behind the team leaders already and we're only just into November. Out of the Carling Cup after two rounds, on the brink of exiting the Champions League barring a massive turnaround in form and results going our way.

So what's to panic, let's keep things as they are for the sake of tradition and not sacking a manager because it's 'not the Liverpool way'. Is losing six in seven 'the Liverpool way' ? Is being ELEVEN points behind the league leaders 'the Liverpool way' ? Is public humiliation and the laughing stock of all and sundry 'the Liverpool way' ?

If we can fail to beat Brum then who's to say we'll beat the bitters or Citeh? Neither Brum striker had scored before last night, sides play Chelsea or the mancs expecting to lose and some hope to get a draw or sneak a win. Is the current squad good enough to win the league? Probably not. Our squad looks less than impressive before injuries take their toll, at the moment we're fielding kids who aren't even that good on the bench. What attacking options were left sitting it out last night? Spearing? Cavalieri? Darby? Kyrgiakos? I find it bemusing that the three kids to come through the ranks are all defensive types - CB, RB and DM. And where is Pacheco? Supposed prodigy is in so many people's pre-match teamsheets but has he made Rafa's?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:20 pm

The_Rock wrote:Good Performance..........Bad result.

All we need is some luck and for bermenstein to start the match threads.......

Where the F@ck is bermenstein ?

He's been kidnapped, tis the only explanation.
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:24 pm

N'gog path was completely obstructed by a mistimed challenge that did not win the ball. If he didn't put in the challenge N'gog would have just kept on running to the ball and would have pulled the ball back to somebody, but the challenge was put in, and he wasn't anywhere near the ball. In my opinion, the mere fact that N'gog was FORCED to jump over Carsely to get to a ball that he was dribbling is enough to whistle for the penalty regardless of whether or not N'gog leaves his foot out to make contact.
JoeTerp

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 pm

JoeTerp wrote:N'gog path was completely obstructed by a mistimed challenge that did not win the ball. If he didn't put in the challenge N'gog would have just kept on running to the ball and would have pulled the ball back to somebody, but the challenge was put in, and he wasn't anywhere near the ball. In my opinion, the mere fact that N'gog was FORCED to jump over Carsely to get to a ball that he was dribbling is enough to whistle for the penalty regardless of whether or not N'gog leaves his foot out to make contact.

No contact = No penalty.
No other way to give it Joe....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:08 pm

BTW, followingthe game, I heard on the news that Agger is also injured. Is this true? as i've not heard anything more about it.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:11 pm

whats the fuss ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

Well at this rate,  I think we'll have call up Hanson and Lawrenson

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Madmax » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:26 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:Well at this rate,  I think we'll have call up Hanson and Lawrenson

lawrenson is a pr*ck!
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Madmax wrote:
Kash_Mountain wrote:Well at this rate,  I think we'll have call up Hanson and Lawrenson

lawrenson is a pr*ck!

I know, but as a defender, he and Hanson were great.

Anyway. If Agger is injured, who do we have  that can come in. I know Carra will be back, but the sheer amount of injuries is ridiculas. As one in another thread mentioned. A lot of the injuries seem to be muscle strains... I think something may have been changed in the training setup (maybe different exersises added etc) and the players can't cope with it.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:56 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:N'gog path was completely obstructed by a mistimed challenge that did not win the ball. If he didn't put in the challenge N'gog would have just kept on running to the ball and would have pulled the ball back to somebody, but the challenge was put in, and he wasn't anywhere near the ball. In my opinion, the mere fact that N'gog was FORCED to jump over Carsely to get to a ball that he was dribbling is enough to whistle for the penalty regardless of whether or not N'gog leaves his foot out to make contact.

No contact = No penalty.
No other way to give it Joe....

Penalty can be given for intent even if there is no contact
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games