Liverpool v steaua bucuresti - Thu 16 september 2010 19:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 am

Ciggy wrote:Best result of the night was the attendance 25,605 are you watching Tom Hicks?

Well in to everyone that didnt attend to keep these b@stards in charge.

But is that people protesting with their feet against the owners or simply a case of no one giving a sh...it about this competition Lynds?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:24 am

Scottbot wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Best result of the night was the attendance 25,605 are you watching Tom Hicks?

But is that people protesting with their feet against the owners or simply a case of no one giving a sh...it about this competition Lynds?

Hopefully there is an element to people thinking "feck them c...s they ain't having any of my cash tonight", but Scott is also right it is a bit of a b0ll0cks competition. That said, we ain't going to win the league this season so that leaves us only three chances of a trophy, so I definately wouldn't turn my nose up at it if we did prevail after the next 43 matches or whatever the feck it is.

As it is, I think we are treating the thing just about spot on to be honest. Lads like Kelly and Pacheco and Spearing are obviously going to benefit from playing in it, while N'Gog despite playing absolutely sh!te last night can't stop scoring in it which can only help if and when we need him in the league. Similarly, Konchelskis, Cole and Mereiles will obviously be better for a game under their belts, as will Agger and the Greek.

I don't really like too much rotation to be honest :D, but I suppose as there's a structure and a point to it then I can just about stomach it. There does seem to be a desire to have a "first eleven" in the planning, a wish which is emerging from the fog like a rowing boat on a lake at dawn, so i think so far so good.

Also, I think given the teams we are putting out, it's been a very good effort to win five from five also. The thing doesn't really get going though until the Champions League bomb outs gatecrash the party, so no point in getting too excited until then.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:31 am

Scottbot wrote:

A mixture of both but it doesnt matter it sends out a message to Tom Ill get That Sucker Built Hicks because we missed out on the CL they are trying to recoup the gate money charging 31 pound last night.
Resulting in many people swerving it, so when he's going around banks and money lenders he can say all he wants about future earnings, last night was proof he cant do that anymore.

Believe me that 25,000 will send alarm bells ringing around the boardroom and banks, see how easy it was for people to stay away? It will also have sent a message to Standard Chartered and they wont be happy about it atall because you could see their name on the empty seats.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:46 am

After a bright start we did seem to struggle for much of the 1st half and Steaua looked a more accomplished outfit than we did. Second half we cut out the "hoofing" and with the ball being kept more on the deck we domintated Steaua

Overall, thought many of the second string lads did better than anticipated. Happy to see Kelly getting forward at every opportunity but he does need to work on his crosses. Although I don't rate him Spearing had a good game sitting in and around the centre circle playing it nice and simple.
Lucas gets massive stick from many of us but his strike was one any midfielder would be proud of, I think I can count on one hand how many times I've seen Lucas get that far forward in recent times, I'm wondering if Hodgson will start encouraging him to play a more attacking role and will we see a "new improved Lucas". Babel seemed to be showing a bit more appetite for the game, popping up in areas you wouldn't normally expect to find him, I think at one point I actually saw him smile.
Ngog did well to keep his nerve for the penalty, the build up to it seemed to take ages and although the ball fell kindly for him for his second goal his finish was nevertheless blistering, having said that I'm still not sure about this lad, I just wish he'd show a bit more "passion", he always seems to be playing well within himself.

As it turned out it was a good result and good selection from Roy, the resting of some senior players gives us a more than decent chance of a result come Sunday.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby europian-kings » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:39 am

Atletico Madrid were the only team to let me down on my 8 team accumilator for £380. sigggh :(

But still, good performance, especially the second half.

Is it me, or did maxi actually have a decent game?
(please no smart :censored:'s reply with the "it's you"

:D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:57 pm

Good Game Alltogether ,the biggest plus was that we were finally able to hold the ball ,we had good possesion and players made some good passes and movement. Cole was my MOTM made some good runs and dribbles should really work on physical shape further down the road. Babel was miserable as usual. And one more point to be reckoned is the Duo Agger-Kiri this game only reassured my beliefe they should be our starting CB's ,They offer much more threat for the opposition on set plays (Soto penalty and some headers) and they get the ball quickly and deeply to the attackers. I would love to see our younger players getting more chances and more minutes. Pacheco could have easily got a full half and so are few others.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby radun5 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Babel was, even by his own appalling standards, cack again. Can't see why you'd want him playing against the scum. He never tracks back when he - invariably - loses the ball, and he'd be stuffed up the wing by a pacy left back. The bloke gives me such a pain in the hoop every time I see him. I'd rather see Pacheco play instead of him. Maxi, yeah, poor again tonite....

You are talking nonsense, or from the memory of other games. I have seen Babel tracking down and working in defense several times last night. He was ok.

I really liked Cole though, every time he got the ball in the second half you smelled danger for my poor compatriots. By the way I was quite impressed with them, I thought they were much weaker, but had a couple of great players in Stancu and Geraldo Alves. And they scored a great team goal, to be frank.
radun5

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games