BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 4 april - ko: 15.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:17 am

bigmick wrote:On a slight change of tack (not that anyone's interested) but I don't have Birminghams goal down to Johnson. I think he has to track in as Carragher and the Greek get a bit lost and one of the Brum players gets open. For me, Ridgewell must have run half a mile from left full back and our right sided midfielder should be picking him up. Don't know if it was Maxi or Kuyt, but one of em must be asleep I think.

So are you saying the RB should join the crowd of players in the middle of the box and leave a player UNMARKED at the back post?!? I can see where you're coming from, but Johnson needs to cover that side of the box and while the middle might have been left outnumbered, it's better 2v3 in the middle than 0v1 on the right side of defence.

Tend to agree with S@int as to why our defence gets dragged to the left of centre so much, even if some of the back-trackers were not there. Since tracking back is about all Kuyt gets credit for these days, although he played quite well yesterday, it's harsh to blame goals at his door - especially as he can often be the player blocking shots on goal in his own penalty area.

Who puts in more effort and concentration defensively out of Johnson, Insua and Kuyt................?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:08 am

I disagree with anyone who says we played better when rafa took torres off, actually we played better when we shuffled the midfield and most of our plays came from the center. If we has torres still in we would have won the game

You can't defend the indefencibale, benitez :censored: up end of.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 am

Kharhaz wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:just out of interest how do you reckon the following sides got on playing Birmingham away this season.

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

Of those sides, which team took off there potential match winner?

so your saying they kept theres on and still got a draw, interesting.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby red_guy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:01 am

metalhead wrote:I disagree with anyone who says we played better when rafa took torres off, actually we played better when we shuffled the midfield and most of our plays came from the center.

Agree with that.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am

s@int wrote:Image :D

:laugh:  :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:35 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:just out of interest how do you reckon the following sides got on playing Birmingham away this season.

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

I dont get where you are coming from with this.

Can you explain the interesting part more for me ?

Its irrelevant how any other side has got on there this season.
Makes no difference to how we should be approaching the game at all.
For one thing we were at a stage that it was must win, that means that you should go all out to try and get the win.
Get your best players on the pitch, in positions they are at there best and then keep them on until the result and win in sealed. Its that straight forward.

If you think that its a good point because all the others drew there then fair enough. I think if united would have went there at the end of the season HAVING to win then they would have.
Has anyone got a gif with Torres's reaction ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby eds » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

Yep, just like playing their best players has gotten them all one thing in common....... they are all ahead of us!

Hmmmm EVEN more interesting!  :suspect:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby kunilson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:58 am

we should have started the game goin for the jugular.

why torres came off i will never know......even tho our best chances to kill the game came after, we actually did deserve to win the game but AGAIN were not clinical enough.

we have let in far too many goals quickly after we score (when we do score first) and again we saw a soft goal gettin scored against us.

we're running out of games. :O
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 pm

stmichael wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?

I think so.

If it's detrimental to the overall good of the team, as that sub was today, then yes.

Clearly Gerrard was absolutely perplexed (and that's being nice) about Benitez's decision today and it showed clearly and HONESTLY on his face.

I don't think he "meant" to pull a face or anything. It was just a very natural reaction.

I was making the same one.

so you think it's ok for the captain of this football club to undermine the manager both on camera and off camera, if it means the manager going?

what a sad state of affairs.

oh dear....you really have it for Gerrard don't you?  :no
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:just out of interest how many of the following sides are above us?

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

edited for accuracy  :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Greavesie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Look is it so wrong for Gerrard to have an opinion of Rafa that the rest of us hold? I can't believe people are slating him for his behaviour yesterday, he's probably put up with more bollox than the rest of us. I was left scratching my head yesterday n all, nice to know he feels the same IMO :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:13 pm

Ben Patrick - the video of their reactions are here
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:39 pm

kunilson wrote:we should have started the game goin for the jugular.

why torres came off i will never know......even tho our best chances to kill the game came after, we actually did deserve to win the game but AGAIN were not clinical enough.

we have let in far too many goals quickly after we score (when we do score first) and again we saw a soft goal gettin scored against us.

we're running out of games. :O

First good post in many pages.

Man City were 3-0 up at 8 minutes against Burnley, not just because Burnley were weak but because City went for the jugular from the off. After 8 minutes they could have made 3 substitutions and sat back. We 'walked' around for the first half, fannied around the second and we can pretend to be upset we only drew? Pathetic performance, pathetic tactics from the manager, pathetic attitude from the players.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm

I think the manager has somehow brainwashed a few people on here to such an extent that they seem to believe we are only allowed to sub like for like. We are allowed to take off a defender or a midfield player and bring on another striker you know! I know its a rare occurrence with Liverpool these days, but it is still within the rules of the game. If Rafa thought the side needed freshning up. why not take one of Lucas/Insua/Kuyt etc off and bring N'gog on. Maybe we might find with TWO strikers on the pitch that goals are easier to come by? Maybe N'gog could have done a little of Torres running for him, leaving Torres to do what he does better than most.....sticking the ball in the net.
account deleted by request

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:
J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

I dont get where you are coming from with this.

Can you explain the interesting part more for me ?

Its irrelevant how any other side has got on there this season.
Makes no difference to how we should be approaching the game at all.
For one thing we were at a stage that it was must win, that means that you should go all out to try and get the win.
Get your best players on the pitch, in positions they are at there best and then keep them on until the result and win in sealed. Its that straight forward.

If you think that its a good point because all the others drew there then fair enough. I think if united would have went there at the end of the season HAVING to win then they would have.
Has anyone got a gif with Torres's reaction ?

interesting in that the point you tried to make made no point what so ever, the result was the same.

as for the other bits

why it irrelevent how others have gotten on there this season, it shows what a difficult place it is to go.

so when united went there and the other teams i mentioned they didnt want to win, is that what your saying, come off it.

and its not as simple as putting out your best players untill the win is sealed, what if it aint working you just sit on your ar$e and change nothing.

what happened to united on saturday at home i might add, was that not a must win game.

we didnt win yesterday because the defence fooked up more than the manager did, but why let a fact like that get in the way of resuming having a pop at the manager. how many of you are having ago at the defence, hardly anyone.

for the record i didnt agree with the decision at the time myself but can see why he done it. im not going to sit here and say that one decision cost us the win because it didnt.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games