BIRMINGHAM CITY VS LIVERPOOL - Sun 4 april - ko: 15.00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:54 pm

bigmick wrote:On a slight change of tack (not that anyone's interested) but I don't have Birminghams goal down to Johnson. I think he has to track in as Carragher and the Greek get a bit lost and one of the Brum players gets open. For me, Ridgewell must have run half a mile from left full back and our right sided midfielder should be picking him up. Don't know if it was Maxi or Kuyt, but one of em must be asleep I think.

For me the problem is Insua. He needs support all the time, so he draws one of our CB's across which then means we are unbalanced at the back and gaps appear. The other day Masch spent as much time at Left back as he did in midfield covering for him. Fair enough Babel had been sent off, but it seems like every game at the moment.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 am

Image :D

Postby fivecups » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 am

Says a lot that gif I think.

Raise his eyes to heaven as he turns away. It's like 'Here he goes again...'
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 am

tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
stmichael wrote:those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?

I think so.

If it's detrimental to the overall good of the team, as that sub was today, then yes.

Clearly Gerrard was absolutely perplexed (and that's being nice) about Benitez's decision today and it showed clearly and HONESTLY on his face.

I don't think he "meant" to pull a face or anything. It was just a very natural reaction.

I was making the same one.

so you think it's ok for the captain of this football club to undermine the manager both on camera and off camera, if it means the manager going?

what a sad state of affairs.

Yes, it is OK.

I don't think Gerrard is trying to undermine Benitez. He's just baffled at the stupid decision.

Liverpool had just scored (granted the oppo got one in too), but things were looking better after a truly dire first half and the fat man brings off the most potent threat the side possesses? In a must win game?

That reaction is bang on as far as I'm concerned Mick.

why cant you put your point across without insulting the man,  :no
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:44 am

st mick cant believe you found a way to criticise Gerrard today  :no
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:21 am

maybe he`s :censored: off because it Ngog coming on. :D

just out of interest how do you reckon the following sides got on playing Birmingham away this season.

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:29 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:just out of interest how do you reckon the following sides got on playing Birmingham away this season.

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

Of those sides, which team took off there potential match winner?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:32 am

s@int wrote:Image :D

Spot on, Stevie lad, spot on.  :glare:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:40 am

just to cheer everyone up :D

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:42 am

s@int wrote:just to cheer everyone up :D

It worked right until the end when Lucas popped into the frame.  :down:

:D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Zidane » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:11 am

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:just out of interest how do you reckon the following sides got on playing Birmingham away this season.

manure
chelsea
arsenal
man city
spurs

Doesn't matter how they did we had an opportunity to win this and we failed to, they were there for the taking and we didn't take advantage how we should have.  Rafa knew how important this win was and should have never, ever made that sub under the circumstances.  He has to know better than that honestly.
Zidane

Postby Fowler_E7 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 am

stmichael wrote:those going on about gerrard's "reaction" to the substitution, ask yourselves this. whether he agreed with the substitution or not, is that an acceptable way for the captain of the club to react?

pathetic post
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi35 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:51 am

s@int wrote:Image :D

Bewilderment and head scratching.

Sums up our season perfectly that gif.
RedSi35
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:56 am

s@int wrote:just to cheer everyone up :D

Wow that cheering right up.  Thanks :D
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Owzat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 am

bavlondon wrote:I can only assume Rafa has one eye on Benfica but WE NEED TO WIN TODAY! Rafa is only sharpening the knives for everyone if we don't win.

We should be expecting to win at home, this is/was a tough away game against a side Rafa has never beaten in the league and he's taken one too many gambles. He's been stung before when making changes, the guy is incapable of learning. He puts out an attacking line up, leaves out one DM and yet takes off Torres when we're not winning.

Just as well really, I mean N'Gog tucked away the chances that Torres would have missed didn't he......................?  ??? Maybe Gerrard wasn't the only one who was utterly p 1ssed off at that move, I suspect it will register higher up in the club who will already be monitoring. Take one game at a time Rafa, win the game today (yesterday) not plan for the next game before the current game is won.

Maybe, just maybe, he is a BSer and knew that the chances of finishing 4th were slimmer than slim so is pinning his hopes on winning a tin pot so he has some bartering power, despite his post match interview which always tend to leave the air stinking of BS, BS and more BS. But not finishing 4th could leave us further from 4th next season than this, some players may want to leave and not many will come to a club not in the CL. We'll have no money and Rafa will waste what there is as usual and it will be like the good old days under Houllier.

Need a goal from nothing, how about a Joe Cole backheel against the mancs...................? Rafa would rather pay £20m and stick a player on the bench, not the first time he's done that in recent seasons, than pay nothing for a quality player whose major concern is fitness - not that the latest £20m white elephant is exactly starting every game or never an injury concern
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games