Liverpool v steaua bucuresti - Thu 16 september 2010 19:05

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby rocky29 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:05 pm

did i watch a different game to everyone else. Why is everyone saying meireles had a good game. When he hardly touched the ball and when he did gave the ball away. There was not one positive about his game. And i hope lucas starts on sunday because merieles isnt ready yet.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby In and Out » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:07 pm

I'm currently watching the first half, watching the second in a bit.

Have to say Jay Spearing has been really good in the first half (man of the half). So far Babel looks motivated, I've never seen him look so good and eager (even though he hasn't set the world alight :D ) a change of manager can make the world of difference. Meireles looks okay, nice touch and control looks like a roamer as opposed to a sitter I think him and Spearing were a bit soft in their goal (Spearing slipped in fairness). Maxi taxi looks better and Cole looks lively, a well taken goal, N'gog poor again gives away silly fouls, can't control the ball and always gets caught off side but has an uncanny knack of scoring every now and agian. Looking forward to the second half.
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:09 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Beginning with A is a better question...

Aldo, Aquilani, A'court
Thommo's perm

Postby Benny The Noon » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 pm

rocky29 wrote:did i watch a different game to everyone else. Why is everyone saying meireles had a good game. When he hardly touched the ball and when he did gave the ball away. There was not one positive about his game. And i hope lucas starts on sunday because merieles isnt ready yet.

Yes you watched a different game to everyone
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:14 pm

In and Out wrote:I'm currently watching the first half, watching the second in a bit.

Have to say Jay Spearing has been really good in the first half (man of the half). So far Babel looks motivated, I've never seen him look so good and eager (even though he hasn't set the world alight :D ) a change of manager can make the world of difference. Meireles looks okay, nice touch and control looks like a roamer as opposed to a sitter I think him and Spearing were a bit soft in their goal (Spearing slipped in fairness). Maxi taxi looks better and Cole looks lively, a well taken goal, N'gog poor again gives away silly fouls, can't control the ball and always gets caught off side but has an uncanny knack of scoring every now and agian. Looking forward to the second half.

Hate to spoil it mate...but....we won 4-1

:D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:15 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Aldo, Aquilani, A'court

Your pretty safe with Alan A'court !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:

Aldo, Aquilani, A'court

Aurelio, Agger, Arphexad
Thommo's perm

Postby In and Out » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
In and Out wrote:I'm currently watching the first half, watching the second in a bit.

Hate to spoil it mate...but....we won 4-1

That's okay, I know this place could do with a positive result.
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 pm

As i said not impressed at all with the first half much better second half and nice result and scoreline, well played lads, and made up with Lucas goal, . And im gonna stick my neck out and say on Sunday if its a choice between him or Poulson im choosing Lucas,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 pm

NANNY RED wrote:And im gonna stick my neck out and say on Sunday if its a choice between him or Poulson im choosing Lucas,

Now there's a shock  :laugh:
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:56 pm

Best result of the night was the attendance 25,605 are you watching Tom Hicks?

Well in to everyone that didnt attend to keep these b@stards in charge.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

bigmick wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:And im gonna stick my neck out and say on Sunday if its a choice between him or Poulson im choosing Lucas,

Now there's a shock  :laugh:

Why is it a shock Mick i genuinly have him in there instead of  Poulson. Id play Lucas and Meriles. and thats straight up that
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:57 pm

Better second half - Good win!
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:17 am

Excellent win especially with the team selected which is something I also liked. Would have nice to  have seen Pacheco in the starting XI but hopefully he will get his chance at some stage

Nice to see Ngog in the goals again though Babel continues to frustrate

Worst part was putting up with ESPN commentators but complain too much as its only waying of the seeing game down under

Roll on Mancs
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:38 am

aCe' wrote:Oh and Im also giving up on Maxi... We'll never play a patient possession game and he's pretty much useless unless we do that... I'd look to play either Cole or Babel down the right against ManUtd

Have to agree with that, I actually think he can be quite a useful player meself but he really doesn't fit the way we play (this season or last). Put him in a side that moves it quickly, plays in triangles and keeps it all day and he'd be very useful.

I'd love to see Babel playing down the right against the mancs. Would give the side a genuine threat in behind the fullback for a change.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games