We are awful - Title dream, is 15 years away

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:43 pm

We are in a transitional phase which has lasted over a decade!.
GH promised much, and when we won the trio of trophies a few years ago i thought we were really going to move forward.

we are in the same position now as we were in a few seasons ago, but it will be less than 5 years before we mount a seroius title challenge, not 15.

I reckon we are a couple of world class signings short - that is all.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:47 pm

Why is Stu getting called MURPHY?
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:11 pm

what a surprise. :angry:

i've been away for 4 days. come back, and everyone is jumping down the team's throat again. anyone would have thought we'd had an absolute nightmare against birmingham. the truth is, we have 3 of our best players missing in baros, cisse and gerrard. we continue to miss chances, mainly due to the erratic finishing of garcia, and we still seem to turn off when defending setv pieces.

wen have been extremely fortunate. bolton and boro drew, as did manure. newcastle lost along with everton. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:18 pm

wen have been extremely fortunate. bolton and boro drew, as did manure. newcastle lost along with everton

Finaly someone who isn't a hypocrite.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JBG » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:25 pm

A.B. wrote:
wen have been extremely fortunate. bolton and boro drew, as did manure. newcastle lost along with everton

Finaly someone who isn't a hypocrite.

Yes, it could have been a lot worse.

We have a game in hand over Man UTD, and the other sides ahead of us could be overtaken if we put a small bit of a run together.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:33 pm

We need to Gerrards back in 2 weeks hopefully, we have arsenal on the 28th of nov, boro twice, CP and Monaco busy sqedual for us, as long as the players dont get there heads down, a win this week against boro should lift there confidence get us through the next round in the carling cup, so be it with the youngsters, but every bit of silverware matters whether it be carling cup, F.A. it doesnt matter. Give our players something to be proud of under the new regime.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:23 am

stu_the_red wrote:Yep.

I do think that. Anfields a horrible place to go to these days and its not the scousers that make it like that. The scousers at the match sing, shout, support and cheer. We show pride in our team. The rest of them just sit there, look at you funny when you cheer the team, sit in silence, birate players and slag them off and grown at every misplaced pass.

Football's about local pride. Not supporting the most fashionable side, i'm sick of people latching onto sides because they're successful. Its annoying.

You don't love this club, on the rare posts you do talk football you slate the club at every oppurtunity and state how wrong it was not to appoint your beloved O'Neil and how everything about the club is wrong. You don't believe Benitez will succeed, you don't een seem to want him to succeed. "Fans" like yourself are a disgrace.

Stu some of the time you really are completely, utterly, amazingly, irreversibly, incredibly, staggeringly, mind-numbingly, STUPEFYINGLY full of sh*t.
Last edited by Woollyback on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:24 am

as I said earlier he should go to gladys street he would fit in well there in the peoples club :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:23 am

Woollyback wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:Yep.

I do think that. Anfields a horrible place to go to these days and its not the scousers that make it like that. The scousers at the match sing, shout, support and cheer. We show pride in our team. The rest of them just sit there, look at you funny when you cheer the team, sit in silence, birate players and slag them off and grown at every misplaced pass.

Football's about local pride. Not supporting the most fashionable side, i'm sick of people latching onto sides because they're successful. Its annoying.

You don't love this club, on the rare posts you do talk football you slate the club at every oppurtunity and state how wrong it was not to appoint your beloved O'Neil and how everything about the club is wrong. You don't believe Benitez will succeed, you don't een seem to want him to succeed. "Fans" like yourself are a disgrace.

Stu some of the time you really are completely, utterly, amazingly, irreversibly, incredibly, staggeringly, mind-numbingly, STUPEFYINGLY full of sh*t.

give me a break stu, don't generalise and think that all out of towner fans are like what you describe, just like people say all scousers are thieves etc, which isn't true either.

I am from NZ, and live in Australia, and trust me I love Liverpool to death. I am saving all my money to come over there next year and plan to move to Liverpool in a few years purely for LFC, leaving all my frineds and family behind.

But apparently I don't have the right to support Liverpool.  :glare:
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:59 am

Not all are the same, but most fall under my discription.

Ask any red who's a regular match goer.

Sorry lads, but thats my experience and i know ALOT of scousers who feel exactly the same.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:13 am

it's a shame if that is true, becuase thier are so many out of towners who are passionate fans who love the club as much as the next person.

Stu would you have th same opinion of Shankly, Dalglish etc? - all out of towners but legends of the club.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:24 am

Here we go again this is just pathetic, not one liverpool fan I know has moaned about out of towners or oversea fans not one we have fantastic support from all over the world, that is because we are one of the most successfull clubs in the history of football.  You cant say they are glory hunters cause we havent won anything for the last 15 years so your wrong there they would be supportin the scum or the gunners wouldnt they?
But do they no they dont I love the fact that we get support from all over the world its a great feeling to know your team is famous when people from all walks of life love it.  Our norweigen, Irish, fan base is something to be proud of not made a mockery out of and before the seasons over we will have a spanish fanbase and more the merrier.
I am just so proud of my team and idolise them and love to see a sell out to show the support my beloved LFC has from all around the globe.  I dont go to every game I dont have the money to but it doesnt make me any less of a fan.  With your ranting and ravings on this new stadium whos going to fill it? If we dont have these oversea and out of town fans?
These people work hard and look forward to come to liverpool to see our team, book flights ,boats, trains etc to come to our city, pay through the roof for hotels on match days, visit the lpool shop buy kits etc............
It generates money into the city also and without there support we would be no where.
Because half of merseyside is a blue.
And you shouldnt be on this forum if you hate out of towners so much cause 95 procent of these good people here are not from liverpool or scousers either.
Take no notice people that is one voice not heard amongst thousands.
LFC Y.N.W.A.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:28 am

very good post lynds, agree 100% - at this time if LFC had no out of towners as fans, well they simply couldn't compete with the top clubs in England and Europe.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:32 am

very true LFC, and one more thing I would like to add.
For anyone who remembers Hillsbrough the day after and the week following up. Our support with tributes was vast and I shall never forget that as long as I live even Lady Diana couldnt have filled our pitch with them flowers and words with sympathy from our fans around the world.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:38 am

Liverpool is a truly gloabl club, and it is for the better. Many of the clubs current and past players/legends were not scousers but played with the pride that most fans be they non scouser or scousers have.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion