We are awful - Title dream, is 15 years away

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 69-1067957946 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:38 pm

Stu is chating ******.

On his argument I can say he only supports Liverpool beacuse he lives there,so effectively he supports Liverpool through default.And the fans that don't live there actually made a choice out of there way, so they are more of a fan than Stu.

Stu's views are just ignorant and he needs to stop kissing his own ******.
69-1067957946

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:51 pm

Ok, everyone settle down.

Stu was warned for his comments so let by gones be by gones.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:52 pm

not so sure about that argument. its only natural for people to support whats close to them, whether thats family, a team or whatever. i dont know what it feels like to support something or someone from somewhere else, because within my support for Liverpool is a strong sense of pride that they represent where i'm from.

i'm not sure what people who arent native to the city feel when they support an outside team, i honestly cant get inside their heads.

but there was an interesting point, that if you followed STU's logic all the way through, then he shouldnt be supoorting Liverpool at all, because we have non-native managers, players etc etc. therefore he should only support a team where all its fans players and manager are from the place where he is from. so he'd probably end up supporting his local Sunday league team. but i suppose thats not glamorous enough.

i do hate the glory hunters though, and there's loads of them around. you cant deny that. like STU. it does p*ss me off when these people think they're entitled to criticise the team they have no real love for.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:59 pm

To be fair STU is a good guy that talks ****** when he's on one a disgrace sometimes but never the less alright,don't know him personally and if he's a BIZZY don't want to (Not that i'm dodgy or anything :D ) Just pride!.

STU just calm down sometimes mate we don't more biggot's in footy, and on top of that young dom1 doesn't need anymore encouragment he's already a Bluenose ( what a testicle ), Hello Dom  :p  :D .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 69-1067957946 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:00 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Ok, everyone settle down.

Stu was warned for his comments so let by gones be by gones.

Has Stu been banned?

And who started this thread? Guest?
69-1067957946

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:31 pm

No, Stu's not banned.

The thread was started by The Hustler/Hustler's Revenge/Hustler wont be banned, a fool who keeps coming back after he's been banned. Thats ok, as we'll just keep banning him!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Red_Si » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:09 pm

EggHead wrote:And the fans that don't live there actually made a choice out of there way, so they are more of a fan than Stu.

Yep,

I was born in a Bangkok brothel but I'm still a red.
Red_Si

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Like i said people, i don't have problem with certain people.

LFC#1 to me sounds genuine as do alot of others. HOWEVER... my point is being from Liverpool and supporting Liverpool and loving my club and city i don't see how i could support anyone bar Liverpool (i can understand Everton at a push).

If people support MY TEAM... which regardless of what people say, thts what it is, its MY TEAM (not only mine) then fine, but support it, love it, treat it like you'd want YOUR team to be treated.

Like i said, minless critisism and insulting my club are EXTREMELY offensive and i take it very personally. Maybe i care to much but thats life. Construtive critisism isn't a problem, people have there opinions, in my opinion, Baros an Josemi aren't good enough to be regulars in a europian cup winning side, but i still support the lads and get right behind them and appriciate what they can give aswell as pointing out what they can't.

I just don't like idiots talking about Legends like Owen saying he's ****** and past it and saying stuff like Sami Hyypia's a poor player because he lacks a bit of pace.

Btw, Owen scored AGAIN last weekend. 5 in his last 6, not bad for a past it pile of ****** with poor technique, no pace, no skill and no footballing brain.
115-1073096938

Postby taff » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:34 pm

Ok what about Earnshaw and Im being serious as a out and out scorer  ???
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:35 pm

Guest wrote:I cant see LFc winning the league for another 15 years, all things considered. No matter who is in charge!

Just come back from watching the match, LFc were poor. getting beat to that scum, who we beat 3-1 last year easy.

Pongolle, has not got what it takes to be in this team, HArry Kewell should be sold in January as he is a major liability, (the prem is too physical for him and he never plays wth confidence) , having to play Risse and Finnan in attacking roles when they are both defenders, and Hamann and Garcia missing sitters that I would have buried with my eyes shut, was just embarrassing. And having to rely on Igor Biscan too. Everyone wanted him shot dead last year!
What is going on.

Steven Gerrard is very sorely missed in this team, but one man does,t make a team. 

4th place this year will be a major achievement.

ANd we aint got a hope in hell of winning the league for many years, we just dont dominate teams like we should.
Away teams are coming to anfield looking for 3 points these days.

Shameful

Excuse me for resurecting the original post, but I just went back to see what had caused all the hot air etc.
To say I am surprised, when I read the original post I see nothing other than a view on the game that could have been pulled off the average disapointed Liverpool fan leaving the ground in the pi$$ing rain on saturday.
The only outrageous bit is the reference to not being able to win the league for 15 years etc. which I presume was inserted out of frustration or to attract attention !! In which case it succeded.
Is this guy being castigated on his previous record ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:42 pm

stu your whole argument just reeks of you not being able to accept other opinions.

there's plenty of staunch red scousers who've been fans for longer than us, and they slate the team well more than these out of towners.

there's plenty of die-hard liverpool fans from Liverpool who dont like Michael Owen as much as you and have called him sh*t. plenty of scousers who dont rate Hyppia as much as you, because he's very slow.

you're trying to tell people that if they're from outside then thats fine, but they must love all the things about Liverpool that you love, and if they disagree with you then they're not loving the club, therefore not true fans.

people can love the club and disagree with you stu. that is a possibility. stop being so much up your own @rse.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby taff » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:50 pm

Go ed Jim Beam la  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:51 pm

Theres lots of reasons why people can disagree with you. One is that they haven't got a clue. This is the one most of us put their dissent down to. Two is that they don't get to the games, therefore are lacking in that pitchside insight and relying too much on so called 'pundits' on the telly. Three is that they weren't born within sight of the ground, don't feel it, that surge of pride and emotion when the team runs out to the Anfield roar.There is of course a fourth, horrible possibility that none of us like to ponder, that they may just be right, plain and simple. That would make us, er' wrong. The capacity to admit that this may be a possibility defines us as adults I think.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:24 pm

Personally I'm not a glory hunter or a bandwagoner. I wasn't introduced to English football, I was introduced to Italian,Spanish and German football. I did not see much of Liverpool until the 90's due to the fact that where I lived the only way you could see an English team play is in the Champions League. In the mid 90's I grew to be fond of Liverpool F.C. and grew to be a major fan. I have may not seen Kenny Dalglish,Ian Rush,Kevin Keegan play but I know what they and many others have done for this club.

Now about the out of towners not being able to feel the same way as those who were born in Liverpool is the most idiotic theory I've heard. I can't sleep for nights when we lose or DRAW. When I watch the Reds play on tv my heart beats rapidly until the game is over. That just shows how much passion I have for the club I support now and will support for the rest of my life.

Stu instead of busting everybodies balls who were not born in Liverpool you should be proud that LFC is loved worldwide.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Spot on A.B. S'pose he could support Tranmere or Marine or someone if it irks him so much. Mind you, if he suddenly announced a change of allegiance on the board, whats the betting you'd set up a Chicago branch of the Marine supporters club just to wind him up?  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion