We are awful - Title dream, is 15 years away

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:59 am

Missing both our front 2 an the captain, had umpteen chance to score an they scored with their only chance of the game. Sno reason to get down on the team. The mood changes very quickly on this forum sometimes. Apparently we were world beaters 24 hours ago!

Hustler...hang on while i go get a stamp an you can write all ya know about football on the back of it...
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:12 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote: ??? Hey these fans that are not from liverpool pay an awful lot of money to come over and see LFC how can you say that?.
Flights, Hotels tickets etc...... We have a great Irish following your talkin Bull.****** :angry: .
Im glad to see these fans in Liverpool it also brings money into the city by the fans that dont come from liverpool, they are lovely people and very welcome in our city, and football ground as much as they like, take no notice to this one voice people, not everyone in Liverpool has the same attitude :angry: .
You need to listen to the song. IN MY LIVERPOOL HOME. Stu, scousers are renound for being the friendlist people on the planet you need to get your facts straight.
Go support everton then if your not happy Stu goodisons full of scousers if your not happy at anfield. nuff said.

Lyndsey, your a legend.  :)
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:57 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:No it doesnt but it helps and when lucks not on your side theres nothing you can do about it :(
And yes we need 2 strikers, Garcia is a fantastic little player but I dread playing arsenal when them guard dogs are gona kick him off the park, teams will start attacking our weaknesses and you seen that yesterday Josemi started all well and good but seems to have lost the plot abit, Garcia was lost and couldnt escape mellchiot, or savage. Should have played Biscan atleast the lads got balls and not scared of no F@ker. Id have never have said that last season, but what was the point on bringing him on for the last 5 minutes?
And Kewell total waste of space :angry:

We will see teams having a go from their left flank more and more to exploit Josemi's lack of pace. Garcia...don't know how to comment about him...brilliant little player yet can be frustrating in some games. Kewell is just plain uninterested. (I will keep the harsher comments to myself). Even without Baros, Cisse and Gerrard, we should have beaten Birmingham after the first 30 mins but luck and lack of concentration means we will not have score even if the game continue for another 90.
We played well? I don't think so with so many underperforming.
The fact that we controlled the game is because Birmingham is such a poor team. Our reserve should have beaten them, really.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby XSD » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:01 pm

Simply, don't reply to hustlers threads.
It's not hard.
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:18 pm

I thought without looking great yesterday it was a pretty solid performance considering our injuries.

Didi and garcia missed a couple of sitters which on another day would have gone in.

I thought that we looked a bit flat up front with Pongolle not really impressing, his touch seemed heavy, I hope the lad comes good.

The Spanish trio really impressed me, they showed that they are not afraid to get stuck in with one or two tastey tackles being put in.  Lets hope that some of their passion can rub off on Kewell.

I have criticised Sami this season for having a tendency to hoof it and making one or two mistakes in a game that could be potentially be costly, but fair play to him yesterday he played very well looking like his old self.  Jamie was outstanding again, the partnership now is beginning to look convincing.  Josemi, again a little bit gun ho in his challenges but played well.  I thought he did a good job on their No 21, Julian Gray who had a lot of pace and looked comfortable running with it.  I think Finnan would have been exposed by this had he started there.

And as for 15 years what a load of ******, I am confident that Rafa can take us on to the next level, we all need to get behind him and the team.  At the moment this is Rafa's time to build the foundations of his team and sort out some of the mess he inherited.
Jari's mullet

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:24 pm

in addition the one thing I will say, is I dunno why Josemi steamed into Gray to concede the corner, it looked like carragher had the situation sorted.
Jari's mullet

Postby supersub » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Why am I bothering to reply to such a thread.We were not awful....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:59 pm

Jari's mullet wrote:in addition the one thing I will say, is I dunno why Josemi steamed into Gray to concede the corner, it looked like carragher had the situation sorted.

But the marking after the corner was conceded was non-existence. The team fell asleep.

Supersub, we were not awful but we didn't play well either, not in the opposition penalty box anyway. We should have beaten this poor Birmingham team pretty confortably but the fact that we lost said something.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Jari's mullet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:30 pm

Yeah they totally switched off which is a shame as it was their only real shot on target.

Fair play on little Garcia for not taking any ****** of Savage though, I was worried that he would try and rough the new lads up a little.
Jari's mullet

Postby mistyred » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:12 pm

Lyndsey you are a true scouser and should be proud of yourself you welcome all supporters with open arms and that is what LFC is about.

Stu what's up with you lately mate shankly was scottish would you treat him like GreenRed?.

I'm not from L'pool but i have very close and best of friends who are i have family close bye and i love the club good and bad but what should i do? i cannot be turned away from the gates of anfield i would cling on with my teeth, i would give my last breath to see my team as they are a part of me and have been since i was old enough to know what a beating hart is it's not about where your from or who you are it's about love,freindship and loyalty.

Stu i can't not like you mate as i don't know you at all but sometimes i think you would rather people send in ID cards and birth certs for proof of origin before joining the forum. :(
Last edited by mistyred on Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:19 pm

Lfc will come good as we have made huge strides towards our main objectives,I'm just happy we didn't put in a bad performance,for the first time last week i heard a pundit say "That was some goal scored what a move that was liverpool esk" and i felt like this :D  :D  :D  :D  :laugh: .
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:28 pm

supersub wrote:Why am I bothering to reply to such a thread.We were not awful....

You are replying to the thread because that's what discussion pages are all about ! - Expressing an opinion and then discussing with people who might have a different opinion !
With today's top flight football this is also no longer a parochial game, where those who wish to claim that living within the sound of a 'Mersey Fog Horn' is the only entitlement to making a comment are completely off beam. Standing on the Kop with a wet trouser leg, no longer need's to be a right of passage.
For those with that view perhaps they should step down a league or two and follow a minor league team like Marine who play all their games within England and only recruit local players.
Liverpool FC for many years now have been engaged in the worldwide game, recruiting their players and managers from many countries ! Gathering support from all over the world, both from exiled scouser's and from impressed fan's who like to be associated with the same value's that we hold precious.
For those myopic people who wish to retain LFC and opinions on discussion pages wholly for their own use, I forecast that you will be the ones left, sadly by the wayside as the rest of the world moves on and passes you by.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby L-type » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:17 pm

WHY DOES ANYONE LISTEN TO HUSTLER, THE SECOND YOU REALIZE HE POST6S A MESSAG WHY DO YOU EVEN BOTHER READING IT !! IT'S ALWAYS THE SAME OLD GARBAGE. :angry:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:04 pm

Redrider

Yer so right, the fun thing about the forum is yer can express an opinion. For me all this talk about things are going well is fantasy land, I can remember when we were top flight and all this talk about were on are way is just garbage as I think we need to spend money and quick.
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:18 pm

I've noticed that there is a hell of a lot of hypocrites. The same ones who were saying that Rafa has changed the squad etc... are now horribly critisizing the club after a defeat at home. Pathetic.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion