Mellor was awful against watford - Sell - he is not going to make it.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:47 pm

frankm why come on this thread and mention garcia when we are talking about mellor go to a garcia thread and by the way the lad will get better garcia that is needs time to settle in so stop slating players that have just arrived are you gona say the same about elmoro if he doesn't perform in every early game these fans ****** me right off its called patience give these players garcia nunez josemi etc time but likes of diao diouf etc they got time and they are still ****** sorry about going on about this but some fans need to wise up.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FrankM » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:35 pm

In your rush to slag me off you may have failed to notice that I was responding to an earlier post by Murphy0151. This thread IS about Mellor but we were both defending him and pointing out that Garcia is playing as badly if not worse.

As for fans giving a point of view p**sing you off, well tough.

I've supported Liverpool since the sixties and I reserve the right to give an opinion. And that opinion is (whether you like it or not) that if Garcia is a first choice player then we are not going to get back to where we belong. Dont get me wrong, I feel the same about Mellor. But I think he deserves defending if only for the effort he puts in.
FrankM

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:36 pm

Garcia is not a main striker, he's a drop off striker. He's skill is shown when he playes behind the striker. He needs space as he's a creative player. Despite him giving the ball away too much he has scored 7 goals[if you count the two that shouldnt had been disallowed]
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby FrankM » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:39 pm

If your auntie had b*lls she'd be your uncle
FrankM

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:58 pm

FrankM wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:An he was alot better than Golden boy Garcia who has been ****** e for a gud few games now.  He reminds me off Danny Murphy for the simple fact he gives the ball away just as much as him.

Oh well off to watch Carmen Electra's hypermix :D

I thought I was the only one who thinks that Garcia is playing S***e. Dont give me excuses for playing out of position. That is no justification for constantly giving the ball away and pulling out of tackles. He is too fond of showboating for my liking.

At least Mellor gives 100%. Also Sinama wasnt too clever last night.

Mate the worse thing about it is, it dosnt look like rafa will change him. Very worrying indeed.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:06 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:frankm why come on this thread and mention garcia when we are talking about mellor go to a garcia thread and by the way the lad will get better garcia that is needs time to settle in so stop slating players that have just arrived are you gona say the same about elmoro if he doesn't perform in every early game these fans ****** me right off its called patience give these players garcia nunez josemi etc time but likes of diao diouf etc they got time and they are still ****** sorry about going on about this but some fans need to wise up.

Who do you think you are you muppet.  You just stick to saying what you want to stay an stop telling people what and were they should be posting you norbit.

An as for Garcia hould be dropped for a couple off games.  If your not playing well, it dosnt matter who it is gerrard garcia or hyppia. Simple of you have been performing under par for weeks a spello n the bench has got to be the best for the team.  An i also think Garcia is a quality player an going to be a very good liverpool player.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:10 pm

Watched the replay on sky today . Mellor should have hit the ball first time when stevie slid it to him , instead he took a touch and was caught. Such little things seperate hero's from zero's.
:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:35 pm

If your auntie had b*lls she'd be your uncle

Who exactly were you talking to ?

Mellor is a limited player, that's a fact and must know that but when he scored vital goals for us nobody talked about his major weaknesses. He will not become a world class player but he can still score goals and we need him when our strikers are injured.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:04 pm

Whoever saying that Garcia is not pulling his weight is WAY OFF MARK. This is a shocking statement and show a complete lack of football brains. Ok, Garcia is a small guy. He will never beat Sol Cambell in a fight. But this does not mean he is not giving 100%. Garcia is very hard working. That is the secret behind his impressive goal scoring ratio. His stamina and work ethic is excellent. Hu runs like hell to get into dangerous positions. This is an important part of football. Never underestimate what a player does when he is off the ball.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:50 pm

He needs to get stronger physically when he does he won't be pushed off the ball so easily
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:23 am

Whoever saying that Garcia is not pulling his weight is WAY OFF MARK. This is a shocking statement and show a complete lack of football brains. Ok, Garcia is a small guy. He will never beat Sol Cambell in a fight. But this does not mean he is not giving 100%. Garcia is very hard working. That is the secret behind his impressive goal scoring ratio. His stamina and work ethic is excellent. Hu runs like hell to get into dangerous positions. This is an important part of football. Never underestimate what a player does when he is off the ball.

:laugh: Are you serious?

He looked outstanding when he first came over with the flicks, trickes and someone to play of style. Since the first few games however, he's looked very poor. He has ability, but to defend his displays recently and critisise others is stupid. Also, impressive goal scoring record? 5 goals? Its decent, but impressive?

****** ell lad you didn't even class Murphy's 13 as decent.

Mind you, Luis Garcia isn't an english man ay.
115-1073096938

Postby banana » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:59 am

stu_the_red wrote:

:laugh: Are you serious?

He looked outstanding when he first came over with the flicks, trickes and someone to play of style. Since the first few games however, he's looked very poor. He has ability, but to defend his displays recently and critisise others is stupid. Also, impressive goal scoring record? 5 goals? Its decent, but impressive?

****** ell lad you didn't even class Murphy's 13 as decent.

Mind you, Luis Garcia isn't an english man ay.

About Garcia
So 5 goals in 14 games is not impressive? Never mind the two goals poor referees have taken away from him. If 5 goals from an midfielder in 14 games is not good. Then what is good? 8 goals in 14 games? 18 goals in 14 games?

About Midget
And I'm tired of your false claims. Murphy scored 4 goals in 31 games last season. 2 of them penalties. And in 2002/2003 he had 7 goals. 2 of them penalties. In 2001/2002 he managerd 3. 1 from the spot. That amounts to 14 goals in 3 seasons. When you say 13 you are SO wrong. He needed 3 years to get that amount. So much for your knight in shining armour. You can't argue with facts.

Case closed punk.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:01 am

Mind you Garcia has scored 7 goals, two of them which were disallowed when they shouldn't be. 5 goals isn't impressive for a new player ? Until Riise's goal against Charlton he didn't score for 18 months. It took Garcia a couple of months to score five goals in a season, two which he has scored since recovering from an injury.
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:37 am

I really rate Garcia. I think he will be a top player for us. Give him time. Remember Reyes. :D
Seriously I mean it, he's a great player but lets face it he's been rubbish recently. Confidence looks a bit shot to me and a spell on the bench is probably in order.
One last thing lads. All this "he would've got this many goals if it weren't for the refs" is absolute nonsense. How many goals did Rushie actually score then? Don't forget you've got to add on all the ones where the bloke handled it illegally on the line, also the ones where he was incorrectly given offside but take off the ones where he was incorrectly given onside. Feck me, that means he got erm, no hang-on gizzasec' erm. I'll get back to you..............................Tell you what, shall we just count the ones that appeared in the papers 'next morning? Maybe we should, its easier that way.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:42 am

Back on subject with Mellor. Given that you'll get next to nowt' for him, and given that he's relatively speaking on about two-bob a week it doesn't really matter whether you sell him or not. My point is merely that if we have to play him, our squad is simply not big or good enough. I maintain that he wouldn't get a regular game at any other team in the Premiership. The lad isn't good enough.
Somebody posted that people weren't saying that when he scored against Arsenal, Olympiacos etc. I was. He isn't good enough.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion