Mellor was awful against watford - Sell - he is not going to make it.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:29 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Another fact is Luis Garcia is a strike, Murphy a midfielder.

Another fact is Murphy has done it. Luis Garcia hasn't.

Another fact, Luis Garcia's been a waste of space in most of the games he's played this season.

all good points
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:34 pm

??? Good point Garcia a waste of space wtf ???
When hes scored have you been screamin you waste of space? I doubt it bet you you screamin.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:08 am

Here are some facts of my own:

Mellor will not be sold, and nor should he. I'd rather have him on the fringe of the first team on the couple of thousand a week he probably gets, safe in the knowledge that we have a player that knows where the goal is in games that matter. He's far from the best striker in the Prem, but in terms of money paid to "I-could-f*cking-kiss-you" moments, he's well up there with anyone in our squad this season.

Garcia has been - at various points - outstanding and awful. He's clearly got the quality, but he needs to screw his head on more securely and get some consistency about his game, and fast. The last thing we need is another Smicer. His recent form has been not dissimilar to the kind of performances that we were getting from Kewell earlier in the season.

Danny Murphy - while not the world's greatest player - should be remembered as an LFC hero for the good things he did for us. Fine, so his form went down the drain last season, and he's hardly showered himself with glory with a couple of choice comments since he left, but look at it this way: he came to us for very little money and played himself into the England reckoning. Let's face it, we've had dozens of players that have come to us for substantial amounts and haven't even played themselves into our first team.

Oh, and before I forget, we're going to finish third this season.
ivor_the_injun

Postby LFCFan4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:29 am

stu_the_red wrote:Another fact is Luis Garcia is a strike, Murphy a midfielder.

Another fact is Murphy has done it. Luis Garcia hasn't.

Another fact, Luis Garcia's been a waste of space in most of the games he's played this season.

Fact: Garcia has been played in the midfield more than he has upfront. In fact he's best at as a drop off striker, he has only played four or five games as one.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:46 am

well murphy to be honest wasn't a bad player, better than diao anyway which comes to my next point, y did we sell murphy and keep diao? anybody, surely murphy is a better player, maybe he was sold for funds i dont konw
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFCFan4Life » Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:48 am

Who the hell is going to buy Diao? Honestly what kind of question is that? No clubs were interested in Diao. Murphy wasn't in Rafa's plans so he was sold. Part of the money we got from selling him allowed us to buy a player much better, Xabi Alonso.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

Postby stapo1000 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:01 am

sh1t clubs love rejects from top teams and they do well sometimes
Steve Gerrard Gerrard,
He'll pass the ball 40 yards,
He's quick and he's f*cking hard,
Steve Gerrard Gerrard.
stapo1000
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous