Who will win the title - No dream stuff just honesty

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby corkieboy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 pm

hi lads this is a bold statement but i honestly belive that we can lift the prem this year and do some significant damage in europe also provided that the squad stays relatively injury free and the strikers start to produce some form from the start to build confidence. no easy games against the other top sides but to be the best you gota beat the best and thats what Rafa is here to do....bring em on...:angry:
corkieboy

Postby corkieboy » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:39 pm

hi red whats the story
:)
corkieboy

Postby ALONSO » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:01 pm

I agree with you, no doubt we've got a better squad this year I just hope we don't get complacent in the champs league (assuming we get there) like we did against Benfica. I remember Carragher after the first leg full of confidence nothing wrong with that but he was overconfident and we paid the price. We may well have won the first leg if we were more attack minded.
ALONSO

Postby ulswater » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:14 am

It's a sign that Liverpool are serious contenders for the title as the bias Southern tabloids have been featuring LFC a lot of late and all for the right reasons. Not just fawing over the London clubs like they usualy do.

I cant recall LFC getting so much coverage pre-season.

Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing though as I dispise the tabliods with a passion.  LFC could beat Chelsea 6 -0 and the headline would still be 'Mourinho Looses'  and not  'LFC Win', you know what I mean.
:glare:
Last edited by ulswater on Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ulswater

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:03 am

LFC
Chelsea
Scum
:censored:
66-1120597113

Postby ConnO'var » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:30 am

ulswater wrote:It's a sign that Liverpool are serious contenders for the title as the bias Southern tabloids have been featuring LFC a lot of late and all for the right reasons. Not just fawing over the London clubs like they usualy do.

Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing though as I dispise the tabliods with a passion.  LFC could beat Chelsea 6 -0 and the headline would still be 'Mourinho Looses'  and not  'LFC Win', you know what I mean.

Don't bother with them @resholes in the media lad..... Used to get all burned up when I read what they had to say in the past but now I don't give a flyin' :censored: anymore.....

Just enjoy the ride this season as if we can get Robbie back asap, him and Kuyt/Crouch would wreak havoc in the premiership.

We're LFC and we know our worth so screw the rest of them...

Onwards you red men...!!! We're in with one hell of a shout....  :buttrock
ConnO'var

Postby corkieboy » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:18 pm

well we started slowly which is what we did'nt need but at least we showed a bit of heart there. pity about the lads tho but thats football . hope it's not a sign of things to come but thats why we have a big squad to do the job.
corkieboy

Postby dawson99 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:22 pm

ulswater wrote:It's a sign that Liverpool are serious contenders for the title as the bias Southern tabloids have been featuring LFC a lot of late and all for the right reasons. Not just fawing over the London clubs like they usualy do.

let me yawn a while while more people talk about the 'biased southern tabloids'

im from the south, and in reality avent seen any biased.

:sleepy:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:17 pm

I think we NEED a central defender with height who is good in the air. To stop zonal marking. Play our best 11 when possible. We were at our best when we kept the same line up last season. We need a team that are used to playing together and can play fluently. I disagree with all this tinkering and rotation when your top players are fit.
Why play Gerrard on the right if Alonso's not playing?
ALONSO

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion