The title race back on? - Or are we living in dream land?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:59 pm

This season has been a step back in my opinion. Sometimes however you need to take a step back before making a big jump forward. I am expecting big things next season regardless of who we sign, as long as we hang onto our big players in the summer. The big change this season has been Gerrard's disappointing form and lack of the goals which papered over a lot of cracks last season.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:03 am

I really felt this was going to be our year

Didnt you post something up earlier on this season saying ' that anyone who thinks we're gonna win the league this year is seriously deluding themselves?'

Anyway never mind that. But I've noticed that everytime we've fallen short of the league, or realising we're not going to win it. People always say we're 2-3 players short. EVERY F>UCKING TIME, those same old excuses do my mead in, its like De-ja-vu.
Last edited by 66-1112520797 on Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:55 am

Bamaga man wrote:
I really felt this was going to be our year

Didnt you post something up earlier on this season saying ' that anyone who thinks we're gonna win the league this year is seriously deluding themselves?'

Anyway never mind that. But I've noticed that everytime we've fallen short of the league, or realising we're not going to win it. People always say we're 2-3 players short. EVERY F>UCKING TIME, those same old excuses do my mead in, its like De-ja-vu.

Yes he did say that but because he goes around the internet copying and pasting various LFC posts, he can't keep track of what he ''said''.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:07 am

A.B. wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:I STIL THINKWE CAN DO IT AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE BEAT CHELSEA,I SAID IT THE WEEK BEFORE AND THE WEEK BEFORE SO DONT BE CRITICISING PEOPLE FOR THINKING WE CAN DO IT

I know what u mean by we'l probably lose against west ham and wel all think differently,i think were definetly not goin to win the legaue if west ham beat us.but if we beat them we will be in with a shout

We can take 3 points off united and win our games,thats all we can do,chelsea will wanna do the same and fergie said today there are many twists ant turns

Why can't people just take it one game at a time? ''If we do this, if we do that'' is a pointless debate.

The reason I say this is because we've had this before and it seems like people have learned nothing from it. People get their expectations all up because they go on predicting a ten match winning streak and then when we lose, there are a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Just take it one game at a time, use the Benitez mentality. Why look ten matches ahead when we should be focused on our next opponents?

West Ham are no walk in the park. They're desperate for points, desperate for a result that could motivate them to start going and get out of the relegation zone. And haven't teams done that against us before?

Let's not get over-confident because of one win. Call me superstitious  if you will but Adam had a good point about this on the last page of this thread. We had these threads before we played Blackburn and what happened?

AB, i think Barca fans have just been spoilt with some of the attacking football of the last couple of years. Things are very different over there when it comes to football.

Fair enough, and most of the fans seem to be band wagoners. That's not an insult towards you or your fellow fans, but your success has brought a lot of fans who aren't true fans. Players like Ronaldinho have also attracted a lot of attention who only support Barca because of the Gaucho.

I still however hold the up most respect for a club like Barca, as they've kept true to their traditions and beliefs.

I reiterate what I said.

Since we've beaten Chelsea we've only won 1 game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby alxy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 am

Definitely dream land. And I would say even next year as well. Give Rafa 1 more year as he finally gets $$$$ to spend and let the new quality (hopefull!) signings gel. Then 2008/09 is he year we finally make it happen! Or come very very close at least.
alxy

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:06 pm

I didn't think we were good enough to finish above Chelsea but thought we'd finish above Manu (they surprised me).

Rafa has a major weakness in his belief of rotation. I know it worked in Spain but I just don't believe we will ever win a league playing like that.

I'm also not sure on how his signings have been overall. HOpefully it was a case of not having the money to buy the players he really wanted and that he'll get the cash to do that now. Not a chance of winning the 2007/08 league though. Arsenal will come back stronger as their exceptional young players mature. We don't have that.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Victor Nogin » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:26 pm

وسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرموسیم اکرم
Victor Nogin

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:27 pm

Anybody have any idea what all the numbers stuff of this fella is all about?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Espionage » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:01 am

Hypnosis, he is trying to make us become Everton supporters...........
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion