We are awful - Title dream, is 15 years away

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Starbridge42 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:03 am

Stu answer this honestly please.  What is your honest opinion of supporters not from Liverpool?  Is it that they are all no nothing idiots with no valid opinions who cant possibly support the club because they're not from Liverpool or have we got you wrong?  Because if its the latter your not helping yourself with the things you say.  In fact I find a lot of your posts in recent times grossly offencive and I hope for your sake that you get your act together sooner rather than later.  LFC is international and if you dont like it then you're not thinking in the best interests of the club.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:45 am

The idiots are the ones who slate the club every chance they get and say that winning things like the FA Cup, league cup, Uefa cup, Super cup and charity shield is a disaster.

Idiots are people like Hustler and Banana who have very little knowledge and show no respect towards people with more knowledge and show no respect towards the club.

Some out of town fans am not bothered by. Personally i'd rather they supported there local side, but if they want to support my local side, as long its support, appriciation and positive then whatever... when it comes to slagging my team off, i take it personally.

And thats that.
115-1073096938

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:56 am

stu_the_red wrote:The idiots are the ones who slate the club every chance they get and say that winning things like the FA Cup, league cup, Uefa cup, Super cup and charity shield is a disaster.

Idiots are people like Hustler and Banana who have very little knowledge and show no respect towards people with more knowledge and show no respect towards the club.

Some out of town fans am not bothered by. Personally i'd rather they supported there local side, but if they want to support my local side, as long its support, appriciation and positive then whatever... when it comes to slagging my team off, i take it personally.

And thats that.

yeh well you need to try and stop generalising, becuase idiots like Hustler don't represent out of towners at all.

as you say i support and appreciate LFc and I am very positve towards them.

Speaking for New Zealanders and Australians to a lesser extent our local leagues are ******, there is no coverage of them, no money involved and all the good players move overseas as soon as they get the chance.
Most people call it "soccer" over here and many don't care too much for the sport, although a lot of young pppl play football sports like Aussie Rules, Rugby union, Rugby League and Cricket are much more popular with very profesional leagues, big fan bases and a lot more money.

So if you want to support a football team over here you have too look overseas, usually England beacuse we are similar culturally and we get the coverage of the Premier league over here. Unfortunately you get a lot of glory hunters supporting Manure and Arsenal.

I have supported LFC, ever since i started watching/playing football whwn i was 7. I loved guys like Fowler and Macca and as I have grown older and morwe knowledgebale about the game and the club the love for LFC I have has escalated to what it is today.

Today i live and breathe Liverpool FC, and in a few years I hope to move to the city so i can attend matches regularly and be singing on the kop like you do youreslf Stu.

Liverpool till I die, YNWA.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:01 pm

Yeah lad, an thats fair enough, which is why i've never had a run in with you aswell probably.

But people like Banana and Hustler give you a bad name. Theres others aswell. And its insultin. It pisses me off the way people just want to be associated with my club because its successful. I don't care how much money these people put into the club, they don't love it like they say if they treat it like they do.

If thats there definition of love and support, then i'd hate to be in there family.
115-1073096938

Postby JBG » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:06 pm

As LFC1 said, a lot of overseas fans live in areas where there is either no local football team or the only local team is an amateur or pub side.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:07 pm

I understand where you are coming from Stu, I have met LFC fans in Oz who are clueless and it pisses me off that they can call themselves LFC fans when they can't even have a proper discussion about the club like we do here.

I for one do not support the club for glorry, I would still come live there if we were playing in the lower divisons, such is my love and passion towards the club, my mates think I am nuts, they don't understand how I can be so passionate about a football club, but I just can't get enough, football is the gretaest game on the planet and LFC is the gretest club on the planet.   :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:10 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:As LFC1 said, a lot of overseas fans live in areas where there is either no local football team or the only local team is an amateur or pub side.

exacly JBG, where I grew up there wasn't a proffesional football club or even a amateur one rperestning my area, closest thing was my local junor club whih i played for.

It is similar for a lot of the fans from Ireland, Wales and Asia, and also the USA and Canada.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:12 pm

The idiots are the ones who slate the club every chance they get and say that winning things like the FA Cup, league cup, Uefa cup, Super cup and charity shield is a disaster.

And thats that.

So support, appeciate and being positive etc. is welcome but not criticism, comments and expression of dissapointment. What brand of religious follower are you? Obviously you think you have superior knowledge compared to everyone else and anyone who don't agree with deserved to be bashed and is showing a lack of respect to you. Obviously your social skill need polishing...
Last edited by Santa on Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:15 pm

I think what he means Santa is blatant slagging off of the team, with nothing consructive to say.

Constructive criticism about where improvement is needed etc and disappointment is part and parcel of being a football fan, but too call yourself a supporter and almost revel in the teams failure so you can have a go at them is not on.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby begintoend » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:43 pm

stu_the_red wrote:The idiots are the ones who slate the club every chance they get and say that winning things like the FA Cup, league cup, Uefa cup, Super cup and charity shield is a disaster.

I enjoy going through this thread and in general most agree that STU once in a while, makes very good assessment of the game. But apart from those, he's pretty stubborn and hostile with his arguments/replies.

Some out of town fans am not bothered by. Personally i'd rather they supported there local side,but if they want to support my local side, as long its support, appriciation and positive then whatever... when it comes to slagging my team off, i take it personally.

Your team? What makes it yours and not mine or his or hers? You have people from my land working inside the LFC and makes the club her religion. Do you feel that she has no right as to criticise when what she thinks is for the best of the club? Your narrow mind should broaden and really comprehend some of the pointers others give so that it makes you an even better individual. Be it character or intellectually you'll improve. And if you only bother about people like Hustler and even make up others in the same league as him, than you need a shrink.

I know many who are great LFC supporters and they don't come from Liverpool, but yet the passion and the support they give to this club is parallel to what you see over there. You should be all so proud that LFC, the club you engraved on your heart, has gain so much in having genuine suppporters. I personally believe those of whom I know were never glory hunters, but they are very good at footie knowledge.(hence they chose to support LFC). They give comments fair comments on improvements for LFC and its just a discussion over coffee or tea, much like what we are into in this forum.

Please continue to give your very own match or player anlysis but respect other's opinions. I still like to hope to browse on your post STU.
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:59 pm

LFC #1 wrote:I think what he means Santa is blatant slagging off of the team, with nothing consructive to say.

Constructive criticism about where improvement is needed etc and disappointment is part and parcel of being a football fan, but too call yourself a supporter and almost revel in the teams failure so you can have a go at them is not on.

No it is Stu's blatant slagging of all out of town supporters with the same brush stroke that rub everyone the wrong way. Fine if he have a problem with Hustler (who don't) and Banana but don't generalise.  We are only less fortunate not being able to support our favourite team in the stadium, not because of lack of passion. Now it's "we should support our local team and not 'his' team", guessed that 25 years down the drain for me huh? Who are you to dictate who I can and should support? What loads of BS coming out from this guy...rediculous.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:30 pm

Firstly the team well its a rollercoaster but well impressed with Rafas very honest appraisal.  We lost am not happy with that but am delighted with the progress so far and looking forward to more happy than sad days this season

Stu has a point, having been a season ticket holder and lived up there you do see scousers who dont like outsiders bit like every other town in Britain I suppose.

For me it was my old man who doesnt like football but was in awe of Shankly so I support LFC maybe Ill take the easy option and go for Cardiff and stop having stick off my
mates  :D

I do however Stu object to the vitriloic way you express this. It must be annoying however that your local club are one of the biggest clubs in the world attracting support from all over the place and generating huge income from this. 

How dare Shankly have immense charisma and build a dynasty that still impresses people to this day so they support your local club, if only all non scousers would just stick to Man Utd eh what a great world it would be.

Watched Wales play rugby on the weekend and got talking to some Yank who loves Wales (weird eh) He looked really happy being in the stadium and loved every minute of it what an honour for us Taffs that an outsider has genuine love and appreciation of our team so I was really nice to him, his knowledge of the game was a bit ropy but PATIENCE and UNDERSTANDING is the tact I used as this meant a lot to him just to be there. 

After catching up on the posts this morning I realise I should have abused him my mistake eh

I cant be bothered justifying my support to you Stu, I actually respect your views and am not the argue over the net type if you genuinely hate all of us non scousers so be it some dick replying on a forum wont change your mind so all the best living in your screwed up hate world hope never to see you in the game

Regards

Taff
  :)
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:06 pm

everyone on this forum who isnt from liverpool and trying to justify their support. dont bother. you shouldnt have to.

most of what Stu is saying is just immature nonsense.

there's sh*tloads of "fans" from our city who slag the team beyond belief, these include the supporters who consider themselves in the top bracket because "i've been all over europe to watch them, seen them win european cups etc etc" and all they do is slag every current Liverpool team cos they're not as good.

Liverpool doesnt need supporters like these.

i cant deny though that there are literally thousands of people though who are not native to Liverpool and who do see it as popular to support a Premier league club, be that Liverpool or the Mancs, and dont have the same passions or feelings, and as Stu says, knowledge of the club.

by reading posts on this site i dont think that applies to anyone on here, but no-one can tell me that there are ABSOLUTELY NONE of these type of fans.

the point is, you dont have to be from the city to be entitled to support them.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:31 pm

jim_morrison_supported_liverpool wrote:everyone on this forum who isnt from liverpool and trying to justify their support. dont bother. you shouldnt have to.

most of what Stu is saying is just immature nonsense.

there's sh*tloads of "fans" from our city who slag the team beyond belief, these include the supporters who consider themselves in the top bracket because "i've been all over europe to watch them, seen them win european cups etc etc" and all they do is slag every current Liverpool team cos they're not as good.

Liverpool doesnt need supporters like these.

i cant deny though that there are literally thousands of people though who are not native to Liverpool and who do see it as popular to support a Premier league club, be that Liverpool or the Mancs, and dont have the same passions or feelings, and as Stu says, knowledge of the club.

by reading posts on this site i dont think that applies to anyone on here, but no-one can tell me that there are ABSOLUTELY NONE of these type of fans.

the point is, you dont have to be from the city to be entitled to support them.

perfectly said.
Im from london, supported liverpool for 22 years now i think. well around that much.
My folks didnt follow football, so iw as never taken to games and when u r 5 u watch on telly the teams that play teh best football to watch.
For me it was the mighty liverpool and ive never looked back.
To say i cant be a fan because of where i coem from just doesnt make sense, its tomfoolery. I follow liverpool, breath eat and sleep liverpool (which really made saturday suck, surrounded by gooners, tottenham, chelski and maure, all throwing sick notes at me all day)

So basically if u r  afan u r a fan, doesnt matter about geography, race, sex, whatever
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:34 pm

Well said Big Jim.
Support can come from wherever and is allowed to have different levels of intensity !!
Equally, differing opinions are also allowed, it generates healthy discussion.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion