The title race back on? - Or are we living in dream land?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Barca Murph wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:No one gives a flying fu.ck what you think!
What will happen is we will put your lot out of the Champions League and you will stop posting on here!
Its happened many times before on here and always will!!

You don't like an outsiders point of view then?

All i was saying is 11pts is a big gap to make up, if in 5 or 6 games it's down to a couple of wins then that is time to really start thinking seriously about winning the league.

Just out of curiousity, if you could only choose one or the other, would you take the CL or the premiership?

Premiership. We haven't won it in a long time and we won the CL two years ago.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Barca Murph wrote:
BarryBelfast wrote:No one gives a flying fu.ck what you think!
What will happen is we will put your lot out of the Champions League and you will stop posting on here!
Its happened many times before on here and always will!!

You don't like an outsiders point of view then?

All i was saying is 11pts is a big gap to make up, if in 5 or 6 games it's down to a couple of wins then that is time to really start thinking seriously about winning the league.

Just out of curiousity, if you could only choose one or the other, would you take the CL or the premiership?

We can still win both!! :D
66-1120597113

Postby bigmick » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:12 pm

No sorry to pessimistic but it's gone for us I think. I don't think second is by any means out of the question as it becomes more and more clear that Mourinho is on his way, but the league title is going to Manchester I'm afraid. The fact hurts more than ever because on this occasion, unlike many times in the past the feeling here is that our team is in no way inferior to theirs. Still, we're definately getting closer and if we can get out of the blocks next season without having to finish our fag first, we'll be right up there in my opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:14 pm

A.B. wrote:Premiership. We haven't won it in a long time and we won the CL two years ago.

For me i'd take the La Liga title every time. Being champions of our domestic league means more to me than europe.
Barca Murph

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:17 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:We can still win both!! :D

No better time to be facing Barca than right now. Things just don't seem to be right at the moment, we don't looked organised at all.
Barca Murph

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Barca Murph wrote:

No better time to be facing Barca than right now. Things just don't seem to be right at the moment, we don't looked organised at all.

But we aren't playing you right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you started to pick up form this coming month before you face us.

I'm not buying into this ''out of form'' Barca thing. You'll have Eto'o and Messi back, and it will be a different game all together next month.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:22 pm

Barca Murph wrote:

But we aren't playing you right now. It wouldn't surprise me at all if you started to pick up form this coming month before you face us.

I'm not buying into this ''out of form'' Barca thing. You'll have Eto'o and Messi back, and it will be a different game all together next month.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:41 pm

I was over in BCN at the weekend, and although we won 3-0 some sections of the crowd booed the team off the pitch. The performances just aren't there at this time, and that matters more to alot of fans than the results.

Talk at the moment is that Eto'o might not be back till the game before our meeting. If thats true, how big an impact he'll have is uncertain.

The papers talk of a crisis, which i think is abit OTT. But like i said, things at Barca aren't quite right.
Barca Murph

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:46 pm

I told this to the mates and Larsson laughed.

I do think it's not a bit but completely OTT how Rijkaard can lose all the credit, but then it doesn't surprise me, because things are only calm in Can Barça when everything is ok.

TAlking about Crisis doesn't help, neither does the attitude of Ronaldinho and Deco . Rijkaard planned to do a voluntary training sessions and this players, alongside Xavi who was celebrating his birthday didn't appear there.

There are some things that are to be sorted out in Barça but that's not a crisis. It might be if the surrounding of FCB starts to bitch and moan and do what they always do in those cases.
Last edited by Sabre on Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:48 pm

Barca Murph wrote:I was over in BCN at the weekend, and although we won 3-0 some sections of the crowd booed the team off the pitch. The performances just aren't there at this time, and that matters more to alot of fans than the results.

Talk at the moment is that Eto'o might not be back till the game before our meeting. If thats true, how big an impact he'll have is uncertain.

The papers talk of a crisis, which i think is abit OTT. But like i said, things at Barca aren't quite right.

Every side goes through a rough patch of results [you aren't exactly losing games] and you can't expect a team to play good football and play well for the entire season. There has to be a rough patch somewhere during the season.

You have that now, but it won't last forever. You aren't La Liga champions for 2 seasons in a row for no reason.

The booing bit imo is a disgrace. As football fans we all want good football but the Anfield faithful don't boo our players no matter what the result is. [even if it's two consecutive defeats to Arsenal at home in front of the kop]
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:56 pm

AB that's Barcelona for you. They watch players like Ronaldinho, and they think that watching some showy football makes them football pundits, so when they have an opposition that makes the homework well they think they're not watching good football and they boo.

Not the best fans, precisely. They cheer their team most when the opposition is weak and they play too comfortable. The 3-0 is somehat misleading because it was a tough game that they put some make-up at the end with the score.

I don't mean to irritate Barça Murph with this comments, I think he's a respecful poster, and Barcelona is not one of the hated teams in my book, but that's how their crowd works.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:02 pm

Sabre, i might be a Barca fan, but i can realise when someone says something true about my team. I wouldn't laugh at a comment unless it was really stupid. You certainly know your stuff, and i respect your opinion.

I'm not sure what the problem at Barca is, but it does feel more than just loss of form. Players training by themselves or not at all should not be tolerated or encouraged. This is something Frank needs to clamp down on. It wouldn't of happened when Henke was there.

AB, i think Barca fans have just been spoilt with some of the attacking football of the last couple of years. Things are very different over there when it comes to football.
Barca Murph

Postby peterc1992 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:03 pm

I STIL THINKWE CAN DO IT AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE BEAT CHELSEA,I SAID IT THE WEEK BEFORE AND THE WEEK BEFORE SO DONT BE CRITICISING PEOPLE FOR THINKING WE CAN DO IT

I know what u mean by we'l probably lose against west ham and wel all think differently,i think were definetly not goin to win the legaue if west ham beat us.but if we beat them we will be in with a shout

We can take 3 points off united and win our games,thats all we can do,chelsea will wanna do the same and fergie said today there are many twists ant turns
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:11 pm

peterc1992 wrote:I STIL THINKWE CAN DO IT AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE BEAT CHELSEA,I SAID IT THE WEEK BEFORE AND THE WEEK BEFORE SO DONT BE CRITICISING PEOPLE FOR THINKING WE CAN DO IT

I know what u mean by we'l probably lose against west ham and wel all think differently,i think were definetly not goin to win the legaue if west ham beat us.but if we beat them we will be in with a shout

We can take 3 points off united and win our games,thats all we can do,chelsea will wanna do the same and fergie said today there are many twists ant turns

Why can't people just take it one game at a time? ''If we do this, if we do that'' is a pointless debate.

The reason I say this is because we've had this before and it seems like people have learned nothing from it. People get their expectations all up because they go on predicting a ten match winning streak and then when we lose, there are a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Just take it one game at a time, use the Benitez mentality. Why look ten matches ahead when we should be focused on our next opponents?

West Ham are no walk in the park. They're desperate for points, desperate for a result that could motivate them to start going and get out of the relegation zone. And haven't teams done that against us before?

Let's not get over-confident because of one win. Call me superstitious  if you will but Adam had a good point about this on the last page of this thread. We had these threads before we played Blackburn and what happened?

AB, i think Barca fans have just been spoilt with some of the attacking football of the last couple of years. Things are very different over there when it comes to football.

Fair enough, and most of the fans seem to be band wagoners. That's not an insult towards you or your fellow fans, but your success has brought a lot of fans who aren't true fans. Players like Ronaldinho have also attracted a lot of attention who only support Barca because of the Gaucho.

I still however hold the up most respect for a club like Barca, as they've kept true to their traditions and beliefs.
Last edited by A.B. on Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:17 pm

Off course id like to see us win the league this year and think the quality of our team is a title winning team but i feel we have let ourselves down earlier on in the season. However if we get held to a draw by Sheffield United and Arsenal Get beat by them whats to say that Man utd will return home with only a shae of the spoils or even worse nothing. Football is a funny game and anything can happen. The most important thing for Liverpool is to win every game as it comes. Starting with West ham which will be tricky but if we want to win the league we must play like champions.

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion