The title race back on? - Or are we living in dream land?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:36 pm

A.B. wrote:Fair enough, and most of the fans seem to be band wagoners. That's not an insult towards you or your fellow fans, but your success has brought a lot of fans who aren't true fans. Players like Ronaldinho have also attracted a lot of attention who only support Barca because of the Gaucho.

I still however hold the up most respect for a club like Barca, as they've kept true to their traditions and beliefs.

We're no different to any other successful team, being successful will always get you a fair amount of glory hunters. And it's a times like these you find out who'll back the club all the way.

I booked up another trip today, i feel i need to be there and support the team now more than ever.
Barca Murph

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:37 pm

Barca Murph wrote:
A.B. wrote:Fair enough, and most of the fans seem to be band wagoners. That's not an insult towards you or your fellow fans, but your success has brought a lot of fans who aren't true fans. Players like Ronaldinho have also attracted a lot of attention who only support Barca because of the Gaucho.

I still however hold the up most respect for a club like Barca, as they've kept true to their traditions and beliefs.

We're no different to any other successful team, being successful will always get you a fair amount of glory hunters. And it's a times like these you find out who'll back the club all the way.

I booked up another trip today, i feel i need to be there and support the team now more than ever.

Good on you mate, but you have to admit that Barca have never been known for it's supporters. The atmosphere at the Camp can be very very quiet at times which is a shame for a stadium like Nou Camp.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:47 pm

A.B. wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:I STIL THINKWE CAN DO IT AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE BEAT CHELSEA,I SAID IT THE WEEK BEFORE AND THE WEEK BEFORE SO DONT BE CRITICISING PEOPLE FOR THINKING WE CAN DO IT

I know what u mean by we'l probably lose against west ham and wel all think differently,i think were definetly not goin to win the legaue if west ham beat us.but if we beat them we will be in with a shout

We can take 3 points off united and win our games,thats all we can do,chelsea will wanna do the same and fergie said today there are many twists ant turns

Why can't people just take it one game at a time? ''If we do this, if we do that'' is a pointless debate.

The reason I say this is because we've had this before and it seems like people have learned nothing from it. People get their expectations all up because they go on predicting a ten match winning streak and then when we lose, there are a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Just take it one game at a time, use the Benitez mentality. Why look ten matches ahead when we should be focused on our next opponents?

West Ham are no walk in the park. They're desperate for points, desperate for a result that could motivate them to start going and get out of the relegation zone. And haven't teams done that against us before?

Let's not get over-confident because of one win. Call me superstitious  if you will but Adam had a good point about this on the last page of this thread. We had these threads before we played Blackburn and what happened?

spot on :bowdown

One game at a time. I for one actually try not to look at the premiership table to avoid all the 'what if's' and 'but we still have to play...'

As I said before, we've had these threads before, only to be let down and as you say we get a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Another thing I hate is when it's built up that we are back in the title race on TV. I think this adds extra pressure on the players that is not needed. I've noticed, there was pressure at the start of the season and we were not getting the results. There is then no pressure of the title race on us and we go on a winning streak again. Suddenly the twatbag pundits decide we're back in it again and so we have more pressure on us and we start to get bad results again. It's a vicious circle.

We perform better with no pressure on us. Let's keep it that way. One game at a time please.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:51 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:
A.B. wrote:
peterc1992 wrote:I STIL THINKWE CAN DO IT AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE WE BEAT CHELSEA,I SAID IT THE WEEK BEFORE AND THE WEEK BEFORE SO DONT BE CRITICISING PEOPLE FOR THINKING WE CAN DO IT

I know what u mean by we'l probably lose against west ham and wel all think differently,i think were definetly not goin to win the legaue if west ham beat us.but if we beat them we will be in with a shout

We can take 3 points off united and win our games,thats all we can do,chelsea will wanna do the same and fergie said today there are many twists ant turns

Why can't people just take it one game at a time? ''If we do this, if we do that'' is a pointless debate.

The reason I say this is because we've had this before and it seems like people have learned nothing from it. People get their expectations all up because they go on predicting a ten match winning streak and then when we lose, there are a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Just take it one game at a time, use the Benitez mentality. Why look ten matches ahead when we should be focused on our next opponents?

West Ham are no walk in the park. They're desperate for points, desperate for a result that could motivate them to start going and get out of the relegation zone. And haven't teams done that against us before?

Let's not get over-confident because of one win. Call me superstitious  if you will but Adam had a good point about this on the last page of this thread. We had these threads before we played Blackburn and what happened?

spot on :bowdown

One game at a time. I for one actually try not to look at the premiership table to avoid all the 'what if's' and 'but we still have to play...'

As I said before, we've had these threads before, only to be let down and as you say we get a bunch of knee-jerk reactions.

Another thing I hate is when it's built up that we are back in the title race on TV. I think this adds extra pressure on the players that is not needed. I've noticed, there was pressure at the start of the season and we were not getting the results. There is then no pressure of the title race on us and we go on a winning streak again. Suddenly the twatbag pundits decide we're back in it again and so we have more pressure on us and we start to get bad results again. It's a vicious circle.

We perform better with no pressure on us. Let's keep it that way. One game at a time please.

Beating Chelsea with a weak team in the Community Shield really really built up a lot of expectations. A lot of media hype, a lot of hype from fans from other clubs outside the top four as well.

Imo it did us no favors. I would had rather saw us lose that game and gotten off with a strong start with no high expectations and who knows we might have been higher up the table. But that's another story for another time.

All I know is that we've succeeded when not many gave us a chance. In recent years high expectations don't seem to favor us that much. I'd much prefer if we were underdogs than favorites.

We seem to thrive on being the underdogs.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Barca Murph » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:53 pm

A.B. wrote:Good on you mate, but you have to admit that Barca have never been known for it's supporters. The atmosphere at the Camp can be very very quiet at times which is a shame for a stadium like Nou Camp.

It all goes back to the mentality of some fans and the standard of football being played. As weird as it sounds, but some fans will praise Barca in defeat so long as they play the 'right' way. Hence the reason some booed even after a 3-0 win against Nastic. The atmosphere at that game was very poor too.
Barca Murph

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Barca Murph wrote:
A.B. wrote:Good on you mate, but you have to admit that Barca have never been known for it's supporters. The atmosphere at the Camp can be very very quiet at times which is a shame for a stadium like Nou Camp.

It all goes back to the mentality of some fans and the standard of football being played. As weird as it sounds, but some fans will praise Barca in defeat so long as they play the 'right' way. Hence the reason some booed even after a 3-0 win against Nastic. The atmosphere at that game was very poor too.

Yeah you mentioned that playing good football at Barcelona sometimes means more than the actual result.

Which can be a double edged sword at times.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laurence_2k2 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:08 pm

ok so we will all agree now all is in our minds at present is picking up 3 points on tue night which im confident we will!!!!is the game being televised?
The Rafalution Continues!
laurence_2k2

Postby A.B. » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:15 pm

laurence_2k2 wrote:ok so we will all agree now all is in our minds at present is picking up 3 points on tue night which im confident we will!!!!is the game being televised?

I don't think we'll win on Tuesday. I think we'll get complacent and we won't take our chances when they're presented to us.

The main reason I don't think we'll beat West Ham is because Curbishley has a decent record against us away from Anfield.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby dward » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:28 pm

A.B. wrote:
laurence_2k2 wrote:ok so we will all agree now all is in our minds at present is picking up 3 points on tue night which im confident we will!!!!is the game being televised?

I don't think we'll win on Tuesday. I think we'll get complacent and we won't take our chances when they're presented to us.

The main reason I don't think we'll beat West Ham is because Curbishley has a decent record against us away from Anfield.

I agree. I think that people are getting a bit over-confident about this game. I wouldn't be surprised if West Ham played brilliantly and got at least a point from the game. They need a win.
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pedro Maradona » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:33 pm

what are the chances of getting tickets for the Liverpool Barca match at the Nou Camp at the ground on the day? anyone have an idea?
any advice gladly accepted...cheers
Pedro Maradona

Postby Mckan » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:44 pm

We are to damn :censored: to even get the 2nd spot, so i dont know why you lot think about the title. On player to player we have 2 or 3 players at most, that would get in to the United and Chelsea side. I keep on hearing about the dreams and it kind of pisses me off. We could have been chamipons for a long long time ago. But the our Chairmen have done :censored: all to do so. They have made us in to a club of debt by constant giving in to the well know 5 year plan. We have to get the players that could give us something special not players like Dick Kuyt, and that lazy :censored: Pennant. Every year it's the same, we all keep dreaming, and this is our year. But :censored: all we do.
Mckan

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:47 pm

Mckan wrote:We are to damn :censored: to even get the 2nd spot, so i dont know why you lot think about the title. On player to player we have 2 or 3 players at most, that would get in to the United and Chelsea side. I keep on hearing about the dreams and it kind of pisses me off. We could have been chamipons for a long long time ago. But the our Chairmen have done :censored: all to do so. They have made us in to a club of debt by constant giving in to the well know 5 year plan. We have to get the players that could give us something special not players like Dick Kuyt, and that lazy :censored: Pennant. Every year it's the same, we all keep dreaming, and this is our year. But :censored: all we do.

What a bunch of McCack!  :kungfu:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:52 pm

Mckan wrote:We are to damn :censored: to even get the 2nd spot, so i dont know why you lot think about the title. On player to player we have 2 or 3 players at most, that would get in to the United and Chelsea side. I keep on hearing about the dreams and it kind of pisses me off. We could have been chamipons for a long long time ago. But the our Chairmen have done :censored: all to do so. They have made us in to a club of debt by constant giving in to the well know 5 year plan. We have to get the players that could give us something special not players like Dick Kuyt, and that lazy :censored: Pennant. Every year it's the same, we all keep dreaming, and this is our year. But :censored: all we do.

Id say this boy is the SCUM fan that got banned earlier! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby LFCfan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:42 am

i dont think we can it this season, but with a few quality signings and we have a big chance of winning it next season. this season its united who are gonna win it im afraid!! :(
Last edited by LFCfan on Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFCfan

Postby peterc1992 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:13 am

A.B. wrote:

AB, i think Barca fans have just been spoilt with some of the attacking football of the last couple of years. Things are very different over there when it comes to football.

Fair enough, and most of the fans seem to be band wagoners. That's not an insult towards you or your fellow fans, but your success has brought a lot of fans who aren't true fans. Players like Ronaldinho have also attracted a lot of attention who only support Barca because of the Gaucho.

I dont criticise the team when we lose,im not one of the "rafa out boys"i think rafa one of the best managers in the world and i think we can win the oleague not just because we won one match because im very ambitous and i think we can beat man utd and arsenal at home
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion