THE DEFENCE BEGINS HERE - Cl 1st round qualifying draw 11.00 BST

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Garymac » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:20 am

Cheers mate!! If the Mancs or the blue sh!te win the european cup next season (hahahaha) and finish out side the top 4, will they be moaning about what we have done this year to make sure the rules are changed??? Dont think so
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:43 am

I personally feel it is an insult, as European champ, we have to endure going thru e qualifying round, playing with sub-standard teams. I think it would be a miracle, if we were to reach the last 8.
marcus.c

Postby Garymac » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:46 am

marcus.c wrote:I personally feel it is an insult, as European champ, we have to endure going thru e qualifying round, playing with sub-standard teams. I think it would be a miracle, if we were to reach the last 8.

but you have to admit rules are rules, OK UEFA have messed up big time but were in it and we should be happy with that, personally i think we will hit the ground running when it comes to the league, we will have 4 competitive games under are belt by then, and it could be a blessing in disguise
Garymac
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:22 am

murphy0151 wrote:I think its a bit off a twwwwaaat the way they have said that that prority in the later rounds, wont be giving to people who attend these games.   I thought the whole point off the fan card was to reward people who attend these games.

That does seem very unfair on grassroot supporters who make the atmosphere what it is.
Certainly does look like an example of taking the bedrock of Liverpool supporter for granted
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby marcus.c » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:49 am

Garymac wrote:personally i think we will hit the ground running when it comes to the league, we will have 4 competitive games under are belt by then, and it could be a blessing in disguise

Pretty positive thinking, i would say. It would be a blessing in disguise, provided that the players do not get themselves injure in these 4 games. If any important players get injured and is out for a couple of months, that is not going to help. Beside fitness wise, i do hope they do not over stretch themselves.
marcus.c

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:59 am

taff wrote:The racecourse is being said now but the tNS owner is a bit of a character and will want the millenium stadium as his home venue.  For a team in the Welsh League a draw against the Chapmions could set them up for a few years if they manage it well.

The owner is a headcase so watch this space I assume for developments

You wernt wrong about the owner taff, he wants to sign Rush to play against us, in this tie :laugh:  he's going to speak to him next week and ask will he play for them. :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:17 pm

Rush must be 41 or 42?

This is a massive money spinner for TNS. They'll probably have their home game switched to Cardiff like they did against Man City a season or two ago and will hope to get a good crowd.

I doubt very much if Ian Rush will take them up on their offer - its a publicity stunt - but if he did, they'd add another few thousand to the gate.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:22 pm

Rush is 44 this year, apparently they were going to buy Barry Venison but he turned out to be too deer
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 116-1104673748 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:39 pm

:D
116-1104673748

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:52 pm

Rushy looked pretty good in the legends game, probably quicker than Sami anyway.  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:17 pm

"Benitez said: "We've told the players our idea is to start pre-season on June 27 at Melwood.

"We need to train harder at the start and change the culture of pre-season here. If we sign new players after June 27, they will have to start afresh.

"But I want all the players to show the right mentality from the very beginning of pre-season and this will make it easier for them throughout the rest of the year.

"I'm sure you will see a fitter, stronger Liverpool this season." "

I don't think we could have started pre-season much later, with the TNS game so close.  I hope they can last a (very) full season.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion