STANDARD LIEGE VS LIVERPOOL - CL 3rd Qualifying round 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:45 am

Bamaga man wrote:
Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Pee wee mate , one game this season where the whole squad was below par , :censored: poor amd kuyt gets all the blame?

i agree the whole team was poor mate, but like i keep saying these are one offs while kuyt is consistently bad, i really dont understand why people try and defend the clown, he is not good enough for us  and i fear he will get as much game time as he has done the last few seasons. even last night he stood out as poor while the whole team was gash.

and to be fair its not kuyts fault he gets picked, we have to look at rafas judgment for that

He has more good games than you give him credit for. And how does it work that because the rest of the team was poor that you're expecting more of Kuyt?!?!?!? You say he does nothing with the ball, how the hell can he do anything without it?

Dont you fecking start taking the moral high ground after all the Crouch bashing you did.  :no

Have to say Owz, How does Kuyt measure up to the statistical criteria that you used to beat on Crouchy when he was at the club. I don't think he'd measure up too good would he?
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:55 am

yeah at least crouch knew where the fecking goal was, it was just a shame not many crosses found him on the subs bench    :D
112-1077774096

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:46 am

peewee wrote:yeah at least crouch knew where the fecking goal was, it was just a shame not many crosses found him on the subs bench    :D

:D
Change the record Peewee ffs!Everyone knows by now you hate Rafa and Kuyt
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:48 am

Number 9 wrote:
peewee wrote:yeah at least crouch knew where the fecking goal was, it was just a shame not many crosses found him on the subs bench    :D

i think you'll find he (peewee) is bemused at times with rafa's selection, thats all. he is entitled to his opinion.

and yes, i am also confused when he continually picks kuyt, regardless of his performance for holland.

perhaps kuyt can play in the dutch system, but as ciggy said, looks like a dog on hind legs when he plays for liverpool !!
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:50 am

Judge wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

i think you'll find he (peewee) is bemused at times with rafa's selection, thats all. he is entitled to his opinion.

and yes, i am also confused when he continually picks kuyt, regardless of his performance for holland.

perhaps kuyt can play in the dutch system, but as ciggy said, looks like a dog on hind legs when he plays for liverpool !!

They all looked like dogs the other night,i still cant get over it mate! :D
Im shi'tting it for the Sunderland game,Keane will have them well up for it
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:08 pm

how long since we lost the opening game of the season?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:20 pm

If we are going to play 4-4-2, then we need a real right winger.  Nothing against Kuyt, but he has no more right to play there than at CB.

SWP would do!!
mkingdom

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:28 pm

Lee J wrote:how long since we lost the opening game of the season?

from LFCTV

# This will be the 10th time in the last 13 seasons Liverpool have started their League campaign with an away fixture and their fifth in succession.

# They have lost just three of the last 32 opening day fixtures. They were beaten away at Wolves in 1981 and Nottingham Forest in 1992 and were defeated by Chelsea at Anfield in 2003.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:32 pm

woof woof ! wrote:[i]# This will be the 10th time in the last 13 seasons Liverpool have started their League campaign with an away fixture and their fifth in succession.

whilst the other three of the "big four" have home games against teams they should beat.

last season first day.

united played reading at home
chelsea played birmingham at home
arsenal played fulham at home  ???

i can't remember the last time we actually had a 3pm kick off on a saturday first game of the season. probably bradford in the treble season if my memory serves me correctly.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:34 pm

nice to see the kuyt bashing starts nice and early this season - then again has it ever finished . kuyt will never ever be given credit for what he does and how well he does no matter what happens .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:59 pm

Scottbot wrote:Have to say Owz, How does Kuyt measure up to the statistical criteria that you used to beat on Crouchy when he was at the club. I don't think he'd measure up too good would he?

It wouldn't be a fair comparison now, because Kuyt has been playing out wide for around a third of a season while Crouch got games/mins on the pitch while up front.

I'd be the first to state Kuyt doesn't score enough goals, but as he's done a good job out wide and scored a few goals then I have to now consider him a converted striker.

In somewhat more direct answer to your question, Crouch's record was slightly better, but neither were up to LFC standards - the playing wide issue not taken into account. You can hardly slate Kuyt for not scoring when he's in a whole new role
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:08 pm

also like to know why we cant win the title with kuyt in the squad ?

did man utd have 11 world class players in the team week in week out ?

same with chelsea ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:11 pm

Number 9 wrote:They all looked like dogs the other night,i still cant get over it mate! :D

Yer them dogs that keeping running through that brass house PMSL  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:07 pm

GYBS wrote:also like to know why we cant win the title with kuyt in the squad ?

same with chelsea ?

No but they both had quality players in key areas of the team.

We dont.
66-1112520797

Postby GYBS » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
GYBS wrote:also like to know why we cant win the title with kuyt in the squad ?

same with chelsea ?

No but they both had quality players in key areas of the team.

We dont.

Is that just kuyts fault ?

the one thing they have over us is the creative force out wide . both have hard workers like kuyt both in attack and midfield and both have world class players like gerrard torres masher etc but the one thing they have we dont is a fakey or a joke hole type player .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion