Liverpool v fbk kaunas match thread - 2nd qualifying round of the cl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:07 pm

Just thought I'd start this in advance.

I think Kaunas might turn out to be a tricky opponent in the 2nd qualifying round as proved by their rather impressive result against HB Torshavn of Faroe Islands, though we could say this team is significantly weaker.

HB Torshavn 2-4 FBK Kaunas

FBK Kaunas 4-0 HB Torshavn

Aggregate score: FBK Kaunas 8-2 HB Torshavn
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eazy-E » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:22 pm

Balony...Torshavn are worse than my dog...
''I kick :censored: and i take names. You're in my pocket. Shut your mouth. Rest your gums. I own you bitch.''
Eazy-E

Postby RedorDead » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:24 pm

Tougher? i dunno, it's all relative...but we're the European Champions and will sweep this team aside without problem
L - I - V.....E - R - P.......Double O - L....Liverpool F C!!!!!
RedorDead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:31 pm

Bit early ???
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:37 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:Bit early ???

And no doubt 85 other threads on this will start before next week.  :no   :no   :no   :no   :no
jonnymac1979

Postby El Nino_#9 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:43 pm

:no what can you do, eh?  :no
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:08 pm

how much harder can they be than t.n.s ???
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:36 pm

H_K_LFC wrote:how much harder can they be than t.n.s ???

this much <->
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:45 pm

Interesting. I think 6 - 0 over TNS is not a flattering result to say the least. In those 6 goals, 5 were scored by one Steven Gerrard and only one goal from Strikers. Missed a penalty - why on earth Hamman was taking it for I don't know. Maybe the sigining of Crouch may bring us some more goals from strikers. Lets hope that we don't come unstuck in the qualifying stages and have people asking what was all the fuss about.

GO POOL. YNWA.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:18 am

Well, you never know.  We lost to burnley but beat ac milan.

If win every leg we play 1-0, it'll be boring but effective.  As a fan though, gerrard scoring 83.3% of our goals against tns does concern me.

As long as we dont perform badly in the first leg and make it a lot closer than it has to be against FBK Kaunas.  If we dont concede any goals throughout qualifying, then that would be satisfying even if we dont score 5 every match.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:20 am

Just take it guys, we will advance.
hobbes

Postby LFC #1 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:47 am

They ill be tough in Lithuania I think, never an easy palce to travel. I Would take a draw or 1 goal win away and then batter them at Anfield.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:52 am

Interesting. I think 6 - 0 over TNS is not a flattering result to say the least. In those 6 goals, 5 were scored by one Steven Gerrard and only one goal from Strikers. Missed a penalty - why on earth Hamman was taking it for I don't know. Maybe the sigining of Crouch may bring us some more goals from strikers. Lets hope that we don't come unstuck in the qualifying stages and have people asking what was all the fuss about.

In pre-season players happen to be rusty. If this was mid season then you might have a point but it's not, it's July and our players aren't fit. They don't have the physical fitness they should[Zenden and Hyypia have stated that rescently] to perform as well as they did last season in Europe
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby laza » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:56 am

The travel is part that worries me, but after getting the Welsh first off i suppose you cant really complain. Then again as team had to fly back from high altitude training that wasnt such a bonus after all.
I not fazed who gets the goals as long as we win and the forwards are at least creating chances and unsettling defences.
None of our strikers were on scorecard in normal time of CL final and we still won that
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:10 am

Look at Chelsea, last season their strikers didn't exactly score as much as they should have but everyone at Chelsea chips in with the goals. From Terry to Gerrard,Robben,Duff,etc...they all manage to score goals, they don't necesseraly need their strikers  to score a goal in every game.

Benitez likes when his midfield scores and he wanted Gerrard to score hat-tricks last season, and he's got a good start now. I don't see why people are complaining that Gerrard is scoring goals. People are worried that is making us a one man team when it isn't, not when most of his goals so far have all been created by other players.

Ever since we've won the CL people are finding the smallest things to whine and complain about.

Our players aren't playing at their best, that shouldn't be a surprise because our players are not physicaly fit as it's the early days. People are worrying too much. We will have plenty of games until the Premiership starts to regain our fitness.
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion