Europa cup 2010/11 3rd round qualifying draw - Rabotnicki or Mika

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 am

The draws today  here is a link to the site and the possible teams non seeded who we could get,

A good few places i havnt been in there so it would be nice to get one of them , I bet you we will get Bangor though,in our group ha ha . I am actualy looking forward to this , and will be choosing my aways carefuly , getting a few new destination stamps on my passport,

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1504191.html
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:39 am

Not trying to sound like like a bighead or anything but we should really be aiming to win this. A UEFA cup and FA cup could be a good season for us, maybe even a 4th place finish if things go really well.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:43 am

what time is the draw made?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:31 am

stmichael wrote:what time is the draw made?

I think its around half twelve Mike,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jono » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:46 pm

Rabotnicki or Mika
You got to cry without weeping
Talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice
jono

Postby stmichael » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:03 pm

jono wrote:Rabotnicki or Mika

rather play mika as he'll be on his own and a much better proposition. also a bit camp to be a footballer.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Liverpool will face the unfamiliar Rabotnicki from Macedonia or Armenian side Mika in the Europa League third qualifying round.

The Premier League outfit will play on 29 July at home and away on 5 August.

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:18 pm

Im from Macedonia lads and my second favourite club is Rabotnicki(after Liverpool ofcourse ) ... So i am really hoping that we pass MIKA and that my dream will come true .. My two favourite clubs playing against each other .... PLEASE GOD
centarec

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

yeah Im rooting for ya Centarec  :help

OK Lads stop when you get to 0-10  :buttrock
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:30 pm

centarec wrote:Im from Macedonia lads and my second favourite club is Rabotnicki(after Liverpool ofcourse ) ... So i am really hoping that we pass MIKA and that my dream will come true .. My two favourite clubs playing against each other .... PLEASE GOD

Predavnik :)
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:34 pm

Im from Macedonia too, and as much as I love LFC I just cant go against my country.I know that Rabotnicki will lose (If we actully play against them), but still a club from my country... I just cant go against them :D.Hope you guys wont lynch me or anything :D.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:07 pm

dangerous side, rabotnicki... bolton just about scraped past them in the first round of the UEFA cup in the 07/08 season. without torres, gerrard, mascherano, kuyt and agger playing, plus a couple of signings of the caliber of kaka and luis fabiano it could be an early exit for us and the precursor for another season of disappointment, pain, suffering and eternal anguish.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:30 am

andy_g wrote:dangerous side, rabotnicki... bolton just about scraped past them in the first round of the UEFA cup in the 07/08 season. without torres, gerrard, mascherano, kuyt and agger playing, plus a couple of signings of the caliber of kaka and luis fabiano it could be an early exit for us and the precursor for another season of disappointment, pain, suffering and eternal anguish.

It's definetly not the same side that played against BOLTON , actualy none of the players would be playing against L'pool , so believe me it's gonna be a really easy mission for the REDS ...
centarec

Postby Owzat » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:49 am

Wouldn't it be a crying shame if we crashed out first round of the mickey mouse cup of Europe and could concentrate on the Premiership.

And since when was beating Bolton deemed an achievement?!? Barely any European experience, I hear they even retired a shirt in honour of nearly signing Rivaldo once! :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:53 pm

• Hodgson told it would be 'very foolhardy' to field tired players
• 'You have to follow the guidance,' Liverpool manager says
(2)

The new Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson, is in Switzerland for the club's pre-season training camp. Photograph: Thomas Kienzle/Getty Images
The Liverpool manager, Roy Hodgson, may have to choose a squad for the club's Europa League third qualifying round tie without any of the players who appeared in the World Cup.

Hodgson today said he would not risk damaging the club's Premier League campaign for the sake of progress in Europe. The Reds face either the Macedonian side Rabotnicki or Armenia's Mika in their Europa League third-round qualifier, with the first leg to be played at Anfield on 29 July and the return on 5 August.

"Possibly none of our World Cup players will play in the early Europa Cup games if we listen to the advice of the sports science people," Hodgson said. "They are telling me we would be very foolhardy to use players who have only been training for three or four days on the back of the World Cup that early on because that will affect us further on down the road.

"If we feel we are endangering our chances of doing well in the Premier League by risking players in the early stage of the Europa League, it will be a decision the club will have to take. You have to follow the guidance."

Liverpool's England contingent of Steven Gerrard, Jamie Carragher and Glen Johnson, Denmark's Daniel Agger and Slovakia's Martin Skrtel will return to individual programmes at the club's Melwood training ground in the coming days while a squad made up largely of reserves are still at their Switzerland training camp.

The Argentina duo of Javier Mascherano and Maxi Rodríguez are due back a week tomorrow while Spain's World Cup winners Fernando Torres and Pepe Reina, and the Dutch beaten finalists Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel, will not return until after the first leg.

"Their [medical staff's] advice is to not use these players," added Hodgson, who will have his new signing Milan Jovanovic available. "If we have enough players to put a team out without them is another question. Things can happen before 29 July.

"We will not be speculating on that and there is no point in me making predictions of what the team will be like for that game. The sports science people are advising me not to use the players from the World Cup. Therefore new signings would become important for the Europa League."

S
Benny The Noon

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion