STANDARD LIEGE VS LIVERPOOL - CL 3rd Qualifying round 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Zarzius » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:40 pm

This is going to be a great game!
Now we can really see the two in front getting along with each other:)
Come on, Keane!
Zarzius

Postby burjennio » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:42 pm

just to state again that the negativity on here before the PL has even started, and after a draw, away, without conceding a goal is nothing short of pathetic. Right then, i now want to address this
Quote (maypaxvobiscum @ Aug. 14 2008,08:38)
heres my lowdown on kuyt.

1) he was bought as a striker, not a right winger, or defender so obviously for that kind of money we paid for him at that point in time, do expect disappointment.

2) considering his goal tally in holland, how can we not expect more?

3) he cant dribble, cant take on players one-on-one.

4) he works his :censored: off but that simply covers up for his lack of ability.

5) he just cant score. in the end you're a striker and goals is what you're called upon to deliver and be judged on.

6) his ball control is invisible.

7) he was brought as a striker but his finishing is so bad he is now a defensive rightback. not a right winger. he offers nothing going forward.

I will state right now that about January time when everything started going t1ts up at Anfield I really thought Kuyt was done. However, his performances in the run in, especially the CL made me absolutely change my mind. Thats the great thing about opinions, they can be changed when something or someone does something to change them. My signature was originally made in jest but I have chose to keep it as a reminder that im a judgemental prat, and the guy that picks the team on Saturday knows alot more than I do about the beautiful game.

Anywho, MaxandPaddy, a rebuttal.

1. He could have been bought as a feckin tealady. he's being played on the wing. compared to some other strikers his return is modest but hardly "Diego Forlan" numbers

2. My cousin played in the Dutch 1st division a few years ago and scored 22 goals. He's in a wheelclair. Its that poor. Two words for that one really - Matea Kezman

3. Bull5hit, he go past players all the time. just cause he doesnt beat 5 at once or do 10 stepovers in a row doesnt mean he cant send anyone for smokes

4. Two of his key abilities are fitness and determination. He works for the team, tracks back to help the defense and covers other players when they move out of position. He also scores, creates and is a real pain in the ar5e for anyone who has to track him for 90mins

5. Even though this is the same whinge from point 1. If Dirk Kuyt didnt score we wouldnt have made it out of the group stages of the CL last season. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it

6. Are you suggesting his ball control lets him down? Have you ever watched Didier Drogba. his 2nd touch is a header ffs

7. This is your 3 point again. He is not a defensive player but a player who helps the defence. At this point your just tryin to thin out and dissect points you have already used to make your whine longer. To state that he plays as a wingback is folly. You either have an underlying grudge with this player based on something other than football (could it be something as superficial as the way he looks or because he possesses something footballers arn't supposed to have in these days of spit roasts, dentist chairs and heat feckin magazine -  determination, workrate and guts.

Hopefully That will go someway to burying the myths that accompany Mr Kuyt. if not or you have anything to add, or disagree with, the floor is yours
burjennio

Postby Judge » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:16 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Number 9 wrote:They all looked like dogs the other night,i still cant get over it mate! :D

Yer them dogs that keeping running through that brass house PMSL  :laugh:

aki aki aki, oi oi oi

aki oi

aki oi

aki aki aki oi oi oi

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:45 pm

burjennio wrote:just to state again that the negativity on here before the PL has even started, and after a draw, away, without conceding a goal is nothing short of pathetic. Right then, i now want to address this

1) he was bought as a striker, not a right winger, or defender so obviously for that kind of money we paid for him at that point in time, do expect disappointment.

4) he works his :censored: off but that simply covers up for his lack of ability.

5) he just cant score. in the end you're a striker and goals is what you're called upon to deliver and be judged on.

7) he was brought as a striker but his finishing is so bad he is now a defensive rightback. not a right winger. he offers nothing going forward.

I will state right now that about January time when everything started going t1ts up at Anfield I really thought Kuyt was done. However, his performances in the run in, especially the CL made me absolutely change my mind. Thats the great thing about opinions, they can be changed when something or someone does something to change them. My signature was originally made in jest but I have chose to keep it as a reminder that im a judgemental prat, and the guy that picks the team on Saturday knows alot more than I do about the beautiful game.

Anywho, MaxandPaddy, a rebuttal.

1. He could have been bought as a feckin tealady. he's being played on the wing. compared to some other strikers his return is modest but hardly "Diego Forlan" numbers

2. My cousin played in the Dutch 1st division a few years ago and scored 22 goals. He's in a wheelclair. Its that poor. Two words for that one really - Matea Kezman

3. Bull5hit, he go past players all the time. just cause he doesnt beat 5 at once or do 10 stepovers in a row doesnt mean he cant send anyone for smokes

4. Two of his key abilities are fitness and determination. He works for the team, tracks back to help the defense and covers other players when they move out of position. He also scores, creates and is a real pain in the ar5e for anyone who has to track him for 90mins

5. Even though this is the same whinge from point 1. If Dirk Kuyt didnt score we wouldnt have made it out of the group stages of the CL last season. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it

6. Are you suggesting his ball control lets him down? Have you ever watched Didier Drogba. his 2nd touch is a header ffs

7. This is your 3 point again. He is not a defensive player but a player who helps the defence. At this point your just tryin to thin out and dissect points you have already used to make your whine longer. To state that he plays as a wingback is folly. You either have an underlying grudge with this player based on something other than football (could it be something as superficial as the way he looks or because he possesses something footballers arn't supposed to have in these days of spit roasts, dentist chairs and heat feckin magazine -  determination, workrate and guts.

Hopefully That will go someway to burying the myths that accompany Mr Kuyt. if not or you have anything to add, or disagree with, the floor is yours

spot on mate
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:14 pm

burjennio wrote:just to state again that the negativity on here before the PL has even started, and after a draw, away, without conceding a goal is nothing short of pathetic. Right then, i now want to address this

MaxandPaddy

dont try to be a smartass with your petty name calling you fecking dickhead. and yeah since your cousin on a wheelchair can score 22 goals cos the dutch league is dirt poor, it just shows rafa shouldnt have bought handicaps.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Reg » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:20 pm

Jeez, whats your name sonny, Victor Mature ??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:21 pm

:laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion