Liverpool v fbk kaunas match thread - 2nd qualifying round of the cl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:57 am

I agree,A.B.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:38 am

hobbes wrote:Just take it guys, we will advance.

Why'd You think otherwise ?? We're Champions of Europe, we simply cannot be out on qualifying stages !!

People here put too much attention to the scoreline. Agg 6:0. Too little for You ?? I'd be happy with 3:0 Agg.
This isn't the EPL. We should preserve our strenght to maximum looking forward to the tough season that's ahead of us.

I'll take 1:0 away and 2:0 at home against our next opponent in quals.

:pirate
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:14 am

Our players are just as fit as the TNS team we're just not "match" fit ,hence the lack of sharpness,passes going astray and chances being missed ,you also have to take in to account that TNS played almost every minute of the 2 legs with 9/10 men behind the ball .Their objective was to keep the score down,nothing more . Having said all of that ,we've been back in training for two weeks now and the lack of first touch amongst some of the players was quite alarming .Cisse in particular although still as quick as greased lightening showed a complete lack of first touch ,almost as if he'd never seen a ball before. He also seemed to throw up his arms a lot in a kind of FFS stance when passes to or from him went astray ,,standing still and having a moan about a poor ball whilst the opposition 3 feet from you are in possesion and getting on with it is not the attitude I like to see from a Liverpool player.

Often the only difference between winning or losing trophys is attitude .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:16 am

i seriously dont think the lituanian minnows will score against us in either leg.

all i'm bothered about is getting Everton in round 3, and putting them into the UEFA cup where they shudda been at the end of last seaon :p
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:39 am

The Return of the Judge wrote:all i'm bothered about is getting Everton in round 3, and putting them into the UEFA cup where they shudda been at the end of last seaon :p

well said!! :nod
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:36 pm

A.B. wrote:Look at Chelsea, last season their strikers didn't exactly score as much as they should have but everyone at Chelsea chips in with the goals. From Terry to Gerrard,Robben,Duff,etc...they all manage to score goals, they don't necesseraly need their strikers  to score a goal in every game.

AB, please read and amend that statement at once. :angry:

:D

p.s. why the hell is this thread being started a week before the game? ???
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:40 pm

dward wrote:
The Return of the Judge wrote:all i'm bothered about is getting Everton in round 3, and putting them into the UEFA cup where they shudda been at the end of last seaon :p

well said!! :nod

cheers dward  :buttrock
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:06 pm

I dont see any problems in either leg. Hopefully Morientes will give a good account of himself. Im really impresed with Alonsos passing aswell.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:41 pm

Apparently, FBK Kaunas was the lowest seeded team in the 1st CL Qualifying Round. This sounds like an ideal opponent for the 2nd qualifying around.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:05 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:Apparently, FBK Kaunas was the lowest seeded team in the 1st CL Qualifying Round. This sounds like an ideal opponent for the 2nd qualifying around.

Where did you hear that, cant see the 6 times in a row Lithuanian champs beings seeded below TNS or the estonian team.
I am sure they played Newcastle a couple of seasons ago in the Uefa cup.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KACKIS » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Hello from Lithuania! :cool:
Everybody is waiting for the Champions of Champions League 2004-2005. Believe me nobody believes in "FBK Kaunas" victory. We aren't that level team which could beat "Liverpool"...
Anybody is planning to come to Kaunas? If YES, I could buy tickects in advence because it'll be dificult later. Today they started to sell tickets... and now it's not possible to get the cheapest. Now You could get only tickets of 20 euros each.
What is the price for "Liverpool" match in England?.. ???
KACKIS

Postby MilitiaRusher » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:Apparently, FBK Kaunas was the lowest seeded team in the 1st CL Qualifying Round. This sounds like an ideal opponent for the 2nd qualifying around.

Where did you hear that, cant see the 6 times in a row Lithuanian champs beings seeded below TNS or the estonian team.
I am sure they played Newcastle a couple of seasons ago in the Uefa cup.

What i meant was the lowest SEEDED team, not the lowest UNSEEDED team. In this case, the lowest UNSEEDED team for the 1st qualifying round would have been Kairat Almaty of Kazakhstan.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 pm

AB, please read and amend that statement at once

argh :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby MCYan » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:07 pm

Never seen them play, don't knwo what they are. But their 8-2 win against the other unknown team seems convincing. Definitely a team with some quality and will cause us some trouble. And playing away at Lithunia will be very tough i think. You never know whats the pitch condition there.
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:08 pm

won,t even have to get out of second gear against these
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion