CL 3RD ROUND QUALIFYING DRAW 11.00BST - all build up and reaction here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:01 pm

Their is talk of it being switched though AB. SSN have reported it and a few lads on RAWK have said that it may well get switched.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:07 pm

A.B. wrote:
thanx AB ,where did see the confirmation on that ?

If you look at the list of the draw you'll see "Liverpool v Tirana/Sofia" so I'm assuming that we play at home first. I think thats how it's going to work out.

Like for instance when the draw was made between us and Juventus it came out "Liverpool v Juventus", so we played at home first. I'm sure you know that but I don't know how to explain it clearly :D

Everton were also drawn at home for the first leg . Both clubs can't play at home on the same night (policing problems etc) hence the debate on who will play their first leg at home and who will be away.

ps but I'm sure you know that ,hope i explained it clearly .  :D
Last edited by woof woof ! on Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Afroman » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:13 pm

JBG wrote:I think that it could be potentially tough at their place, although if the cards fall right for us we are good enough to get at least a draw over there.

We are certainly good enough to beat them at home.

I expect something like a 3-1 or 4-1 win for us on aggregate.

I can't see them scoring at Anfield, I thimk we will be too strong I think 3-0 at anfield, 2-1 in Bulgaria
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:16 pm

Everton were also drawn at home for the first leg . Both clubs can't play at home on the same night (policing problems etc) hence the debate on who will play their first leg at home and who will be away.

ps but I'm sure you know that ,hope i explained it clearly

Imagine if we play home first, all the bitter blues will start comlpaining. It seems they've spent their entire lives complaining about something :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:24 pm

A.B. wrote:

ps but I'm sure you know that ,hope i explained it clearly

Imagine if we play home first, all the bitter blues will start comlpaining. It seems they've spent their entire lives complaining about something :D

Not sure they will moan , most clubs prefer to play the first leg away .LFC usually feel the same .
However in this instance I'm quite happy to play the 1st leg at home . A 1-0 or a  2-0 win for us (quite achievable ) will mean that CSKA will have to come at us in the second leg ,that'll suit us down to the ground .

If we had played in bulgaria for the first leg they may have been happy with a defensive display (0-0 ) and looked to get thru the second leg with a score draw.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:17 pm

stmichael wrote:the funniest bit of commentary i ever heard was by clive tyldsely. it was the everton-arsenal match when rooney scored his first goal. just after scoring, he tried an audacious chip which landed on the roof of the net.

"that's the first time i've seen someone try to lob seaman twice in two minutes".

:oh:  :D  :oh:

"He's not the best midfielder in the world, but there's none better."  :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:34 pm

I don't think they'll get one at anfield.  If they get off to a fast start and do get a goal at anfield then we got a problem.  I'm worried that we'll win 3-1 at anfield in the first leg but then in the second leg, they win 2-0 in a very controversial game or something like that.

We'll be playing in Bulgaria in front of a very hostile crowd and these decent eastern europe sides are not easy to take care of.  Look at what happened to Celtic.  We'll play much better than celtic did against artmedia of course.  But it's still not very easy.  I hope we'll beat them 3-0 or better at home, then it shouldn't be a problem.  LFC have to get off to a terrific start at anfield whether it's the first leg or the second leg.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby real fan from abroad » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:19 pm

I just heard from the BBC that Reina offered some advice to Everton. He said:

"To beata da Club Futbol De La Villarreal, da Evertonia need to puta da foootbol into da Villarreal gol. La boll need to cross da line and hittt da net, which iz da "bag" dat hold da bol. Evertonia ned to scooorrreee mo gol dan da Villarreal. Zank you"

:D :D :D
"puta" in spanish is "whore" if i'm not mistaken:D
real fan from abroad

Postby real fan from abroad » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:27 pm

ps but I'm sure you know that ,hope i explained it clearly . 

that's why CL is played on Tuesday or Wednesday, we can play at home on one day an Everton on the other day
real fan from abroad

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:08 pm

real fan from abroad wrote:
I just heard from the BBC that Reina offered some advice to Everton. He said:

"To beata da Club Futbol De La Villarreal, da Evertonia need to puta da foootbol into da Villarreal gol. La boll need to cross da line and hittt da net, which iz da "bag" dat hold da bol. Evertonia ned to scooorrreee mo gol dan da Villarreal. Zank you"

:D :D :D
"puta" in spanish is "whore" if i'm not mistaken:D

u r rite!  :D
beckham got sent off for saying that to a ref!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:00 pm

that's why CL is played on Tuesday or Wednesday, we can play at home on one day an Everton on the other day

Genius :D
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm

real fan from abroad wrote:

ps but I'm sure you know that ,hope i explained it clearly . 

Yeah , that crossed my mind as well ,I don't understand why sky have been having the debate .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:05 pm

Puta puta puta puta puta puta puta.....

....Manhattan likes saying that.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<