Europa cup 2010/11 3rd round qualifying draw - Rabotnicki or Mika

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:45 pm

Can't see how some of them can be tired. Denmark (Agger), Greece (Kyrgiakos) and Serbia (Jovanovic), went out at the first hurdle, England bombed out at the 2nd round (Carragher, Johnson and Gerrard) as did Slovakia (Skrtel) Babel didn't even play, I don't believe Reina did either.

So who does that leave? Energiser bunny Kuyt, the injured Torres, Maxi and Mascherano. Aquilani and N'Gog didn't make the squad, not that Italy and France got very far anyway, and nor did Lucas

And on the note of Mascherano, his presence didn't stop Germany scoring four goals......................... Argentina only kept one clean sheet, that against the hapless Nigeria
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Mika FC - Rabotnicki FC 0 - 0 YEEEEAHHHH I CAN'T BELIVE IT LIVERPOOL ARE GOING TO COME TO MY CITY!!!!With players like N'Gog and Lucas and that's if I'm lucky but WHO CARES I'm going to see my club in live hahaha
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Macedonia next Thursday then back to Anfield on Aug 5th
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:46 pm

So what can you tell us about Rabotnicki damjan?
Last edited by Raoul on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:47 pm

Dundalk wrote:Macedonia next Thursday then back to Anfield on Aug 5th

Thought first leg was at Anfield?
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:23 pm

Raoul wrote:So what can you tell us about Rabotnicki damjan?

Yes, first leg's at Anfield.To be honest I'm not much of a doctor about Rabotnicki cos I dont watch my national league that much :D.I dont want to offend my country but the league sucks and it's falling appart, especialy this year.This means that Rabotnicki is kind of in a bad shape and they arent what they were few years back when they won the national league few times in a row.But what we should be awear of are Rabotniki's Brazilian players.Not that they can make any difference but it's the best thing they've got.Especialy Wandier dos Santos.That's about it, it's all I know :D, but I doubt that I missed much.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:11 pm

Its been changed the second leg will be at Anfield
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 pm

To be honest I know many won't agree with me, but I don't really care about this competition at the moment. It'll be different if we get to the last eight or something, but right now if we got knocked out I'm not massively concerned. Let the kids play the early rounds and we'll take our chances would be the way I'd go, concentrate on the league.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:02 am

bigmick wrote:To be honest I know many won't agree with me, but I don't really care about this competition at the moment. It'll be different if we get to the last eight or something, but right now if we got knocked out I'm not massively concerned. Let the kids play the early rounds and we'll take our chances would be the way I'd go, concentrate on the league.

I think Hodgson insinuated something amongst those lines.... Could be mistaken though...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:25 am

bigmick wrote:To be honest I know many won't agree with me, but I don't really care about this competition at the moment. It'll be different if we get to the last eight or something, but right now if we got knocked out I'm not massively concerned. Let the kids play the early rounds and we'll take our chances would be the way I'd go, concentrate on the league.

i'm with you on this.

Judging from Roy's comments, he's going to rest the big names for the early matches too.  Use the comp to bed in youngsters, but leave the likes of Torres out and save them for our premier league goal of a top 4 finish.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:31 am

Dundalk wrote:Its been changed the second leg will be at Anfield

Maybe that is a good thing. If the kids can get a result away, even a draw, then having the return leg at Anfield a week later, once we've more 1st teamers around to play if needed sounds OK.

I want us to go as far as we can in this comp, but I hope to see a lot of the kids while the big boys are saved for the league and FA cup games.

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 am

aCe' wrote:

I think Hodgson insinuated something amongst those lines.... Could be mistaken though...

Really depends what we are capable of achieving and what expectations are. The humiliation of an early exit in Europe to gain what? Maybe a place or two extra in the league? Or we may well end up out of the League Cup and Euro Disney at the first round, be mid-table come December and have just the FA Cup to look forward to.

Point being we just don't know how things will shape up in the coming season. Last season just started badly and never recovered, the principle reason we bombed out in the CL is we didn't score more than one goal in any of our six games. While in theory not playing in Europe should help our league form, is that simply to try and finish fourth?!? We should be able to cope with two competitions, and of course we could be going yet another season without a trophy.

Or perhaps we are to believe sacrificing the Euro Disney will mean only the one season out of the Champions League, BUT  if that doesn't go according to plan then do we sacrifice the Euro Disney in 11/12, and again in 12/13, and again in .................? There is a saying about putting all your eggs in one basket
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 am

well it looks like theres one less team in it now ,i actualy feel sorry for them, 70 million in dept.

Real Mallorca are considering their options after being told they have been denied entry into the Europa League after falling foul of UEFA's financial regulations.

Mallorca in May applied to go into voluntary administration after amassing debts thought to be in the region of €70 million. A statement on UEFA's website read: ``On the basis of all expert reviews which have been undertaken, the control and disciplinary body ruled that the club does not fulfil the necessary admission criteria.''

Mallorca finished fifth in the Primera Division last season and their place is now expected to go to Villarreal, who finished seventh behind Getafe. However, Mallorca may yet appeal the ruling and have three days to decide on their next step.

A statement on the club's website read: "UEFA's decision is quite surprising in substance and form. The club will consider legal steps to follow upon receipt of the resolution in its entirety. RCD Mallorca deeply regrets the disappointment that UEFA's decision (which is unprecedented and not understandable) will cause our fans.''

Last month, a group headed by former coach Llorenc Serra Ferrer became majority shareholders and swiftly installed Michael Laudrup as first-team coach. Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal also become a shareholder in an attempt to help out the cash-strapped club.

Debt-ridden Real Mallorca thrown out of Europa League - Europa League - ESPN Soccernet

Que the bitters begging for there spot,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:31 am

Raoul wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Its been changed the second leg will be at Anfield

Maybe that is a good thing. If the kids can get a result away, even a draw, then having the return leg at Anfield a week later, once we've more 1st teamers around to play if needed sounds OK.

I want us to go as far as we can in this comp, but I hope to see a lot of the kids while the big boys are saved for the league and FA cup games.

I can't help but think that is an unfortunate username is the light of recent events.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:01 am

NANNY RED wrote:well it looks like theres one less team in it now ,i actualy feel sorry for them, 70 million in dept.

Real Mallorca are considering their options after being told they have been denied entry into the Europa League after falling foul of UEFA's financial regulations.

Mallorca in May applied to go into voluntary administration after amassing debts thought to be in the region of €70 million. A statement on UEFA's website read: ``On the basis of all expert reviews which have been undertaken, the control and disciplinary body ruled that the club does not fulfil the necessary admission criteria.''

Mallorca finished fifth in the Primera Division last season and their place is now expected to go to Villarreal, who finished seventh behind Getafe. However, Mallorca may yet appeal the ruling and have three days to decide on their next step.

A statement on the club's website read: "UEFA's decision is quite surprising in substance and form. The club will consider legal steps to follow upon receipt of the resolution in its entirety. RCD Mallorca deeply regrets the disappointment that UEFA's decision (which is unprecedented and not understandable) will cause our fans.''

Last month, a group headed by former coach Llorenc Serra Ferrer became majority shareholders and swiftly installed Michael Laudrup as first-team coach. Wimbledon champion Rafael Nadal also become a shareholder in an attempt to help out the cash-strapped club.

Debt-ridden Real Mallorca thrown out of Europa League - Europa League - ESPN Soccernet

Que the bitters begging for there spot,

UEFA are a total joke, riddled with vested interest. I feel sorry for this lot too, and if this were a bigger club, us or the Mancs for example there is no way on Gods Earth they would kick us out of the competition.

If they seriously want to address the overriding financial issues in football, bring in a club salary cap and give the clubs three years to get their houses in order. Quite simple, tell all Premiership clubs they are allowed to shell out a maximum of 40 million quid a year in wages. Who they pay it to is entirely up to them, but their OVERALL spend must not exceed that figure. That at least would give all teams a chance to catch up and get in front financially.

Players salaries are strangling football as a business and as a sport. We've already (completely correctly) got threads from people who think the increases are pricing them out of going into the ground, and it's 90% the result of ridiculoius and unsustainable wages being paid to players.

Don't make an example out of Mallorca though FFS. Kicking them out of the competition (which is no doubt a huge competition for them) is going to do wonders for their finances isn't it :no.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion