STANDARD LIEGE VS LIVERPOOL - CL 3rd Qualifying round 1st leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rafa09 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:10 pm

i spoke to r.keane today, he admitted he played badly, but promised me that once settled in he will perform. The man,s a real gent and a  devoted red.Believe me he WILL DELIVER :talktothehand
rafa09

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 pm

According to Manhattan's sources, Keane will score 15-20 goals this season.

:nod <---- See how confident I am?

:alien: <---- See how alien I am?

??? - Manhattan...what the fook are you talking about? Alien? What's that got to do with anything?
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:41 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:According to Manhattan's sources, Keane will score 15-20 goals this season.

:nod <---- See how confident I am?

:alien: <---- See how alien I am?

??? - Manhattan...what the fook are you talking about? Alien? What's that got to do with anything?

This must be the first time Ive seen manhatten use smileys :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:50 pm

Ciggy's signature features a big purple thing with a man's face on the end.

Oddly, that's how Fergie convinced Ronaldo to stay.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:56 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Ciggy's signature features a big purple thing with a man's face on the end.

Oddly, that's how Fergie convinced Ronaldo to stay.

That is The Purpleaki Lamb Banana :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 pm

The Purpleaki Lamb Banana

Sounds like a bar I once visited.
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:
The Purpleaki Lamb Banana

Sounds like a bar I once visited.

:D

There all over Liverpool Rafas even got his own.

http://www.liverpool-360.co.uk/whats-on/go-superlambananas
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LOVERPOOL » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:38 pm

I blame the subs! why they were not beat Rafa with hammer on his head?!?!?! :angry:
''   
We ought to die before we let the fire out...
                                                               ''

(we probably gonna die /- :)
LOVERPOOL

Postby Effes » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:37 pm

rafa09 wrote:i spoke to r.keane today, he admitted he played badly, but promised me that once settled in he will perform.

:suspect:
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:36 am

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
The_Rock wrote:
peewee wrote:in rafa we trust   :laugh:

utter garbage, and i bet kuyt will still play on sunday ???

:p ....

I know its only the 1st competitive match of the season....so i am gonna cut some slack...but we still haven't solved the problem of stretching teams apart from the wings since rafa came here 4 years ago.

If rafa persists with Kuyt as a RW....then he is digging his own grave as long as his liverpool managerial career is concerned...

I fail to understand why when we were bad all over the park there are some people who choose to focus just on kuyt... I think you guys have quite some obsession with kuyt...  :D

because kuyt is consistently bad mate, it wasnt just a one off for him, yet he keeps getting selected. you work it out mate because for the life of me i cant understand what rafa see's in him, unless once again we will have a defensive season and set up to defend agaisnt the likes of wigan and birmingham   :laugh:

you have to laugh mate, but people will still find excuses for it

A defensive season? We scored the most goals of any team in the league in all competitions last season, so how's this defensive? I know Brazilians like to say that the best line of defense is attack, so maybe that's what you meant?

oh come on mate, when did you last see us set up to not try and counter the oppo, we never set up with our strongest attacking line up, if we do then please explain to me the constant inclusion of one of our worst ever forwards.

imagine how good we would be if we left the oppo to counter us instead of rafa worrying about the likes of birmingham (i wont play torres as he can't play against deep laying defences   

sorry but it is a fact that we play defensive football

I sort of agree where you are coming from, but it's a slight paradox   in the way we play. To score the amount of goals we did last season obviously means that we do play some form of attacking football. There's just no way around that fact to describe it as anything other. We may not play lightening fast Brazilian-esque football a'la Arsenal or Barca, but we do know how to find the back of the net. It really doesn't matter how the ball travels to get there, so long as it does, I think you'll agree.

As for Kuyt, well, yeah, he played complete gash, but so did others. I think I'll be perfectly honest and go on record as stating that we will never win the league with Kuyt playing wide out on the right. We still need that area sorted out. Last season Kuyt played excellent in that area, but only when the situation demanded it. He more or less played a filler role to give balance to the formation with Torres as our lone striker. We now have Keane, so when he plays with Torres, I fail to see the use Kuyt has wide in that position. We know how stubborn Rafa can be, and I think it will be a while before we see him make his mind up on that and start to select Kuyt as either a partner for Torres and rotate both him and Keane to play in a central role. Either that, or he lands a decent right winger, which we seriously still need.

Still, early days. Let us all not forget the promising youngsters we have. We have players like Babel and Ngog that can change the dynamic of how we play. Plessis played really well for a youngster with such a huge responsibility on his shoulders. He can only get better with more experience. Spearing looks like another player that has no fear. We could have the next (dare I say it?) Paul Scholes there. The point is, we have a lot to be excited about. To basically judge how our season is going to pan out because of a poor performance (which we never lost in) is naive and ridiculous. Give it a few competitive games before jumping to conclusions, shall we?

:nod
112-1077774096

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:15 am

Bad Bob wrote:Right, I've just logged into this thread to find the usual suspects reigniting old flame wars.  This is on top of some objectionable comments about Belgians that surfaced last night and which are still bubbling under the surface today.  So, let me take this opportunity remind everyone of the forum rules regarding this kind of thing:

"Threads which degenerate into long drawn out abusive slanging matches between members will ultimately be closed.  Members have the right to express their opinions without fear of being bashed or flamed.  They also have the right to offer good firm opinions and to debate strongly.  If you do feel the need to spoil discussions with insults and personal arguments, do it by PM or whichever way you wish to settle it, but KEEP IT OFF THE FORUM.  Consistent and frequent abusive conduct towards other members is not allowed and members guilty of continuous abusive conduct will be warned by the moderators.  Baiting other members to start arguments with you will not be tolerated and persistence with this will result in a posting suspension or a total ban.  Please don't waste your time writing obscene or abusive posts as the forum is moderated and such posts will be deleted or at best edited to ensure the universal appeal of the forums content."

LINK TO FULL FORUM RULES

Now, I'm not especially interested in dishing cards to anyone at this early stage of the season.  Instead, in accordance with the rules, I've been deleting or editing the most offensive posts.  But I'm not going to do that forever.  I hope this general warning will suffice and that everyone just takes a deep breath.  It's going to be a long, long season, folks, if old enemies insist on going for each other's throats from the off and others insist on having an almighty pop at 'Johnny foreigner' every time we have a European match and a few kids turn up to take the mickey.  Let's swerve all that and show that we still have the best supporters in the world.

Walk On.

Fair enough, I'll try and behave  :eyebrow
heimdall

Postby Rush Job » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:21 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:heres my lowdown on kuyt.

1) he was bought as a striker, not a right winger, or defender so obviously for that kind of money we paid for him at that point in time, do expect disappointment.

2) considering his goal tally in holland, how can we not expect more?

3) he cant dribble, cant take on players one-on-one.

4) he works his :censored: off but that simply covers up for his lack of ability.

5) he just cant score. in the end you're a striker and goals is what you're called upon to deliver and be judged on.

6) his ball control is invisible.

7) he was brought as a striker but his finishing is so bad he is now a defensive rightback. not a right winger. he offers nothing going forward.

7 points yet 4 of em are the same just said slightly different, but all disrespect a good servant of the club. Why dont you make an official Kuyt and Rafa bashing thread where you lot can hang out, hate stuff and disappear up each others ar$es.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SundanceKid » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:25 am

stmichael wrote:
Ciggy wrote:KUYT: I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE, ESPECIALLY THE PENALTY AREA
Steve Hunter 13 August 2008

:lookaround

Haha that's quality
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:41 am

Owzat wrote:
peewee wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:Pee wee mate , one game this season where the whole squad was below par , :censored: poor amd kuyt gets all the blame?

i agree the whole team was poor mate, but like i keep saying these are one offs while kuyt is consistently bad, i really dont understand why people try and defend the clown, he is not good enough for us  and i fear he will get as much game time as he has done the last few seasons. even last night he stood out as poor while the whole team was gash.

and to be fair its not kuyts fault he gets picked, we have to look at rafas judgment for that

He has more good games than you give him credit for. And how does it work that because the rest of the team was poor that you're expecting more of Kuyt?!?!?!? You say he does nothing with the ball, how the hell can he do anything without it?

Dont you fecking start taking the moral high ground after all the Crouch bashing you did.  :no
66-1112520797

Postby Scottbot » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:41 am

Emerald Red wrote:As for Kuyt, well, yeah, he played complete gash, but so did others. I think I'll be perfectly honest and go on record as stating that we will never win the league with Kuyt playing wide out on the right. We still need that area sorted out. Last season Kuyt played excellent in that area, but only when the situation demanded it. He more or less played a filler role to give balance to the formation with Torres as our lone striker. We now have Keane, so when he plays with Torres, I fail to see the use Kuyt has wide in that position. We know how stubborn Rafa can be, and I think it will be a while before we see him make his mind up on that and start to select Kuyt as either a partner for Torres and rotate both him and Keane to play in a central role. Either that, or he lands a decent right winger, which we seriously still need.

That's a decent post mate. We all know Kuyt is no right winger but he was effective at times there last season (particularly in Europe) in the 4-2-3-1. But it only really worked when Babel was doing some damage and getting forward the other side of the pitch and Kuyt's defensive discipline (i'm sure) freed up Stevie to go just about anywhere he wanted. It's still not ideal but it worked the back end of the season BUT you are right, Kuyt has absolutely NO business playing wide-right in a 4-4-2 what so ever.

I don't think he is good enough, I don't think many do BUT I think there a fair few of us who don't like to see him singled out repeatedly when other players have also failed to perform. He isn't completely useless or incapable of trapping a football, he simply isn't quite up to the grade. He's a good player but good players don't really cut it at Liverpool Football club. He's turned into the classic scapegoat for me.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion