Liverpool v fbk kaunas match thread - 2nd qualifying round of the cl

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:08 pm

My squad for the trip to Lithuania (18): Reina, Carson, Hyypia, Carragher, Whitbread, Finnan, Josemi, Riise, Warnock, Sissoko, Hamann, Alonso, Gerrard, Zenden, Garcia, Crouch, Cisse, Morientes.

Reina

Finnan  Carragher  Hyypia  Riise

Garcia  Sissoko  Alonso  Zenden

Cisse  Crouch

SUBS: Carson, Warnock, Josemi, Whitbread, Hamann, Gerrard, Morientes.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owenas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm

oh yeah, Lithuanians won`t be easy to beat :p i am sure, that the score in Kaunas will be 1-1 :cool:
Owenas

Postby Owenas » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm

MilitiaRusher wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:
MilitiaRusher wrote:Apparently, FBK Kaunas was the lowest seeded team in the 1st CL Qualifying Round. This sounds like an ideal opponent for the 2nd qualifying around.

Where did you hear that, cant see the 6 times in a row Lithuanian champs beings seeded below TNS or the estonian team.
I am sure they played Newcastle a couple of seasons ago in the Uefa cup.

What i meant was the lowest SEEDED team, not the lowest UNSEEDED team. In this case, the lowest UNSEEDED team for the 1st qualifying round would have been Kairat Almaty of Kazakhstan.

FBK Kaunas is much much stronger than estonian champions or TNS. We have a good squad, but, of course, we won`t beat Liverpool. Our chairman Romanovas is planning to bring few new players before first match so i think you will have some problems in away tie...
Owenas

Postby 65-1114725958 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:22 pm

I think the second leg is at home is it not?
Hope we put on a good show, as I will be sat in the stands and want to be impressed!

I hope we get EFC in the 3rd round, as at least it will add some spice, as these qualifiers are such a DRAG!

See you all in the Sandon on August the second before kick off. if you can spot me, i'll buy you a  drink!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Guess whos back, tell freind!

:rasp  :rasp
65-1114725958

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:38 pm

Hmmmm anyone travelling to Kaunas?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:03 pm

can anyone get some clips of FBK Kaunas playing?
I want to see how they play and how they score goals.
if they only score goals when it's a simple tap in then they're obviously not that good. but if they score some SPECTACULAR goals :D then we'll need to be a bit more careful, methinks.. :nod

very grateful if anyone could get some clips

come on CGGY!! you've always been good at this job..... :D
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:31 am

Come on guys more input! :;):
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:38 am

My 18-man squad to travel to Lithuania: Reina, Carson, Riise, Warnock, Whitbread, Hyypia, Carragher, Finnan, Josemi, Zenden, Hamann, Sissoko, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, Cisse, Morientes, Crouch/Baros(If Rafa chooses to keep him).

First 11:
                Reina

Finnan  Hyypia  Carragher  Warnock

Garcia  Alonso  Gerrard  Zenden

Cisse  Crouch/Baros

Subs: Carson, Whitbread, Josemi, Riise, Hamann, Sissoko, Morientes.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:40 am

Does anyone know if this match is on TV?  I can't find any mention of it on the 'Five' website.
:(
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:03 am

2520years wrote:Does anyone know if this match is on TV?  I can't find any mention of it on the 'Five' website.
:(

Think its on Sky, but you'll need to double check that
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:24 am

yesss it's live in this part of the world. they have been showing every game live except the wrexham game. only drawback i got to crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning to watch this game but the hell, its CL!
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 am

I bet Rafa will be playing his strongest squad to avoid any setback in this match.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:42 am

If everything when well ... I think Liverpool will win 3-0 ....:D
LiverpoolMadman

Postby MilitiaRusher » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:36 am

Red Rafa Revolution wrote:yesss it's live in this part of the world. they have been showing every game live except the wrexham game. only drawback i got to crawl out of bed at 3 in the morning to watch this game but the hell, its CL!

do you happen to be from Hong Kong like me?
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ian_gow » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:39 am

MilitiaRusher wrote:I think Kaunas might turn out to be a tricky opponent in the 2nd qualifying round as proved by their rather impressive result against HB Torshavn of Faroe Islands, though we could say this team is significantly weaker.

i know kaunas. i watched them play against celtic fc in 2002. previously they had beaten a weak side like HB. celtic beat them 0:4 in kaunas. it was 1:0 i glasgow. there were only 2 shots at celtic box by kaunas. they are a WEAK side.

prediction: 4:0 in lithuania.

I think Kaunas might turn out to be a tricky opponent in the 2nd qualifying round as proved by their rather impressive result against HB Torshavn of Faroe Islands, though we could say this team is significantly weaker.

i know kaunas. i watched them play against celtic fc in 2002. previously they had beaten a weak side like HB. celtic beat them 0:4 in kaunas. it was 1:0 i glasgow. there were only 2 shots at celtic box by kaunas. they are a WEAK side.

prediction: 4:0 in lithuania.
ian_gow

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion