Summer signings - Who would you like to see? (within reaso

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Effes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:48 am

red37 wrote:interesting list that effes. (French league might be nice to see as well for comparison). Certainly there appears to be some pattern to the different leagues in terms of goals scored against defences. Id have put money on the Italian league being lower than the German one for instance..Mind you on second thoughts. Oh well, in for a penny...

The concept of there being less goals in Italian league games is actually oudated now.

There are often high scoring games now - they've finally woken up.

I didn't bother putting the french league scorers up as it's such a p1ss poor league.

Steve Savidan (eh?) for Valenciennes is top though withh 14

Sky have an article on Cisse though:

Marseille coach Albert Emon says Djibril Cisse is getting back to his best.

The striker, who is on loan at the Stade Velodrome from Liverpool, scored for the second match running in the 2-1 win over Troyes in Ligue 1 at the weekend.

Cisse has been booed by l'OM fans in recent weeks for a series of poor performances following his recovery from two broken legs.

But he showed glimpses of his best form against Troyes and won the acclaim of supporters.

"That (booing) is not easy for him but it is part of the job," Emon told AFP.

"He has suffered a lot but has an untouchable morale.

"He knows what he needs to do and can bring a lot to the team.

"Djibril Cisse will soon come back as the player we all knew."
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:44 am

Interesting list, I'll tell in a nutshell what I think about some players

Diego Milito                   Real Zaragoza  19 :nod

Interesting player, loads of quality, but hey, we also have quality. 19 goals is nice, but bear in mind that he has played almost everything, with few rotations, and have focused in la liga.

Fredi Kanoute                Sevilla  19 :nod

I like him, but not sure he's what you're looking for.

Ronaldinho                    Barcelona  17  Image

He's ugly.

Ruud van Nistelrooy          Real Madrid  16 Image
He's an ex manc, you know him better that I do.

David Villa                      Valencia  13 :nod

My fav. But difficult to sign up.

Fernando Morientes          Valencia  12

:nod ok, ok, don't slate me  Image :laugh:

Fernando Baiano             Celta Vigo  11 Image

He's not what we're looking for.

Raúl Tamudo                  Espanyol  11  Image

Clever poacher but not good enough for LFC.

Nikola Zigic                    Racing Santander  11 Image

We already have Crouch. good player, he's the same height as Crouch.

Florent Sinama-Pongolle    Recreativo de Huelva  11 Image

He doesn't want to come back, plus, he's not what we need to improve what we have.

You read it here first. Watch out this youngster striker of RS next season: Diaz de Cerio Image

After 20 years without a decent striker from the youth system, this lad is the most promising, clever in the box and goal poacher player that I've seen. In lower categories he excelled and in primera he's doing more than ok. Only 5 or 6 chances and 3 goals, with almost no service. His movements are impressive. If RS goes down, and I hope we won't, Rafa should be well aware of the first option he has on him due to the agreement on Gonzalez.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lucky » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:10 am

Sabre wrote:Ronaldinho                    Barcelona  17  Image

He's ugly.

Is this your only comment on him? :down:
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:13 am

Well, he's not a striker, and he's well known by all of you. I don't like him too much as a proffessional, missing optional training sessions, he disappears from some games..., you could not afford to have Gerrard and him in the same team, I'd never consider him coming here, not even if he wanted to.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HOMER » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:24 am

gradually building a team over several years sounds good but it's just not working.

we've been gradually building a team to challenge for the title for 17 years.

we need to buy the best - manure do it, chelsea do it, barca do it, madrid do it, ac milan do it. countless titles.

how many strikers do we own at liverpool now?
fowler, cisse, fsp, kuyt, crouch, bellamy. voronin (next season)
why do we need so many?
HOMER

Postby Lucky » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 am

Never fancied to have him in LFC, either. But think he's a great player, so ugly may sound a little bit harsh to him.
"We've got a great team spirit - It doesn't matter how many goals we go down, we'll keep fighting till the end." - Steven Gerrard
Lucky

Postby Elchris » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:26 am

Lol .... where the hell is fernando torres :(

dissapointing
Elchris

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:32 am

Effes wrote:Is Podolski injured?

He's had a couple of injuries but nothing major. 4 goals in 17 league games. Probably reflects Bayern's season more than his quality, although he hasn't really set the world alight since he left Köln (bar the World Cup).
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:36 am

Elchris wrote:Lol .... where the hell is fernando torres :(

dissapointing

Not dissapointing for me.

Torres was the hero of Atletico Madrid. He  promoted the team singlehandedly when they were relegated.

And they thought they had a world class striker for the next decade.

But last year they realised that he's not that good and they bought Kezman. He didn't work and they've bought Kun Aguero. Torres throws the penalties of his team, all of them, and that increased his tally other seasons. But since he has failed a few this season, the jury is out on him and probably he might not throw them any more.

Ewerthon The Zaragoza player, is a player to watch closely despite not being in that list. He hasn't played much this season. Some say due to pressures of Zaragoza so that he renews contract. Yesteryear he scored a lot.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:59 am

Sabre wrote:

dissapointing

Torres was the hero of Atletico Madrid. He  promoted the team singlehandedly when they were relegated.

But last year they realised that he's not that good and they bought Kezman. He didn't work and they've bought Kun Aguero. Torres throws the penalties of his team, all of them, and that increased his tally other seasons. But since he has failed a few this season, the jury is out on him and probably he might not throw them any more.

Ewerthon The Zaragoza player, is a player to watch closely despite not being in that list. He hasn't played much this season. Some say due to pressures of Zaragoza so that he renews contract. Yesteryear he scored a lot.

Isn’t that a dissapointing statment for a striker that has a 20-25 million price tag on his head..

never saw him play much but it seems he's one of the striker that has been linked with us..

And for the R.S kiddo..if he's anywhere near Bojan Krkic ....take him!!!!  :D
Elchris

Postby LFC #1 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:02 am

Sabre wrote:

dissapointing

Sabre,

how has Sergio Aguero looked? Can't say i've seen much of him this season but I remember when we were linked with him last season as he was being touted as the next Argentine 'superstar' after a great season with Independiente.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 am

He's very young. He'll learn. I think he'll be a great striker in a few years.

But new league, shorter grass, quicker game, tougher defences, it's just his first year, and he couldn't fulfill the hype totally.

Plus, he's gone to Atletico Madrid. Atletico Madrid is like a little joke here, because they made fail most players, they have some sort of curse above them. If Gerrard went there, he'd fail  :laugh:

Millions is not everything. A lad, is still a lad, and they need time. But Atletico Madrid is not known by their patience.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Rick Parry surposerdly confirmed we may make an aproach for Simeo Sambrosa in the transfer market
grayghost

Postby stmichael » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:49 pm

Sabre wrote:

dissapointing

Good analysis of Torres Sabre.

I'm not a Torres fan although he does have some natural attributes that suggest that, under the right coach, in the right enviroment, he could be a decent player.

I think his problem is that he didn't make the move up in quality at the right time. If he'd had moved at the end of 2004/2005 he could have continued he's natural progression, under a better manager, with better team mates, in a more stable enviroment than Atletico Madrid.

His form peaked with 20 league goals in 2003/2004, and then tailed off slightly (though understandably) the following season. After two seasons as a proven goalscorer, most youngsters would move and continue the natural progression. He stayed and stagnated.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby NansPanofScouse » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:11 pm

You know after watching Kaka scoring those two fantastic goals in CL , it makes you see what we are missing. Though AC milan i doubt would never sell him, its a shame......:-(
NansPanofScouse

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion