Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:50 pm

There have been an awful lot of new threads opened re: Steven Gerrard.

Perhaps we could confine Stevie G debate and news to this thread rather than opening new threads every time Stevie takes a leak or takes the dog for a walk?  :D

I'll stick it to the top of the forum and we'll see how it goes.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:57 pm

Its a wonder someone didnt start a topic on his haircut :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the great one » Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:05 pm

Can't u just paste them and lock the  existing  Gerrard threads ?
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ssss » Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:33 am

Just think that gerrard is getting too big for his boots...

If I were an LFC player, I'd be well ****** that my captain has been making those silly statements to the press. It's well degrading and utter disrespect to the other teammates and fans by 'threatening' to leave if we dont win anything. Its implying that the club with its current crop of players are not capable of winning anything!!!

LFC is not one player, not even if that player is steven gerrard...one more stupid comment like that and we'll just flock him to the highest bidder...  :alien: (to think that he is the club's CAPTAIN!!)
ssss

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:06 pm

Stevie G will stay and lead us to win the champions league this season. That is all i would say.  :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:07 pm

You heard it here first from the Brahma Bull.  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:20 pm

:D
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:16 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sporttop/tm_objectid=14990542%26method=full%26siteid=50143%26headline=xabi%2dto%2dgerrard%2d%2dreds%2dare%2dready%2dto%2drumble-name_page.html

XABI TO GERRARD: REDS ARE READY TO RUMBLE 

XABI Alonso believes that Liverpool are at the start of a glorious adventure.

And the cultured Spanish international has pleaded with skipper Steven Gerrard to be patient, as manager Rafael Benitez plots an Anfield revival.

Alonso understands Gerrard's desire to win trophies. But he insists there is no quick fix at Liverpool.

"I hear what Stevie is saying and I understand him," said Alonso. "He feels he is at a time in his career when he needs to be winning trophies and you can sympathise with that.

"I don't know if we can do it quickly enough for him here. Stevie is like everyone in that he wants to win honours - but we have just started a new project with a new manager and that takes time.

"Stevie, Jamie Carragher and Sami Hyypia have won things already and they want more. Of course they want to do well this year because they have tasted it. But when you are at the start of a new project then you need patience.

"It is a new adventure for Liverpool with a new manager who is bringing in new ideas. That takes time, there is no way around it."

Gerrard, of course, has made it clear that he feels he cannot wait around for another three or four years while Benitez sorts out the mess he inherited.

The Anfield skipper will be 28 by then, with his peak years ticking down, and he is desperate to start winning trophies immediately.

Gerrard - like Michael Owen did - has the option of moving to the cream of Europe's clubs and it seems likely he will do so in the summer, with Chelsea, Arsenal and Real Madrid already options for him.

Alonso recognises that his midfield partner could easily depart at the end of the season, leaving the manager with an even more daunting task.

But the Spanish international is not worried by the prospect of losing another of Liverpool's best players. Instead, he believes the new manager will take it in his stride.

"I understand what Stevie says and I support the same sentiments. But at the same time I know in my own situation I have to be patient," he said.

"I don't want to say that Stevie will leave - we will see what happens. I still believe we can achieve success here at Anfield.

"Who knows what will happen, even this season? We are still in four competitions and we really do think that we can beat anyone in the draw in the Champions League. I hope we can win things this season. I am confident we will do well and we can achieve what Stevie wants, and what everyone wants.

"The manager and his coaches know what we need, they know what they have to do and where they have to take us. I believe in them. I believe it will happen. We need patience but it will happen."Alonso indulged in a spot of football fantasy on Thursday, when he attended the launch in Liverpool of EA Sports' new video soccer game, FIFA 2005.

On the PlayStation, Liverpool won every game, brushing aside Arsenal and Manchester United in the process, which brought a smile to the 23-year-old's face.

In reality they have a depressing distance to travel to match the big two, and compete with Chelsea's millions in the Premiership, let alone the giants of Europe. But the Champions League draw was kind to them yesterday, pitting the Merseyside club against Bayer Leverkusen.

Alonso is simply hoping he can cope with the physical demands of the Premiership in his debut season, and learn from the experience.

Alonso has been dropped from several big games by Benitez, including the Merseyside derby and the Champions League visit to Monaco.

But he accepts the manager's decision and believes it is all part of a bigger adventure that will ultimately conclude in glory, beginning with tomorrow's visit of Newcastle to Anfield.

"I want to play every game and I am upset when I am not selected but this is football," he explained.
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:24 pm

Alonso is class on and off the pitch..  a true star and a future Liverpool legend!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:41 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:Alonso is class on and off the pitch..  a true star and a future Liverpool legend!!!

i agree with that
he is a good man and a great player
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:37 pm

it keeps escaping my attention that he is only 23, he shows such maturity on and off the pitch. hopefully he'll stay with us for a number of years,  maybe as a future captain. he's gonna look great hoisting that CL trophy over his head.

anyway, this is meant to be a stevie g thread, right JBG? so i'll stop adding to the digression!

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:39 am

From todays Guardian :
Reds reject Gerrard tie-in for Morientes

Dominic Fifield
Tuesday December 21, 2004
The Guardian

Liverpool are to resist Real Madrid's attempts to include a first option on Steven Gerrard in the deal which is ultimately expected to see Fernando Morientes swap Spain for Merseyside.
Negotiations between the two clubs over the transfer of the Spanish international striker are ongoing, with Liverpool's opening bid of £3.5m having been swiftly rejected. Real now intend to push for a deal which would see Morientes as a makeweight to secure a first option on Gerrard should the midfielder leave Anfield, though the Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry will resist when talks resume today.

The club's board will not countenance Gerrard's future being included at any stage of the deal involving Morientes, even if their refusal to consider that possibility effectively ups the price they have to pay for the 28-year-old and prolongs negotiations. Instead they remain confident that a compromise can still be reached with Real before the opening of the transfer window next month.

Typical of the cheek of Real Madrid, every time we do business with that club they try to pi$$ all over us, Parry must dread negotiations with them.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby wet echo » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:45 am

couldnt agree more,i think if we open the door slightly with this and let them in on Gerrard he will be gone,so tell them to fook off
wet echo

Postby Paul C » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:46 am

Parry said that Morientes was on the list but not top so I think LFC will tell Real to go suck an egg :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion