STEVEN GERRARD - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Fo Dne » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:59 am

He's not got a thread and he deserves one. He constantly pulls us out of the :censored:, he's our best player by a mile, he's probably the best player and most loyal player to ever play for Liverpool and he's a scouser aswell.

He is so under appriciated by our own and our manager its unreal and even when played upfront he's still our best player. He's stayed here and gave us all his best years and we've completely wasted him and not rewarded him with the titles he deserves.

I feel so sorry for him. Still, I think the lad desreves his own :censored: kissing thread! :bowdown
Fo Dne
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:10 am

Im puckering up :D  Ive knocked him in the past but there is no denying there isnt anyone in the world who could replace Gerrard. He really is that good. Torres has been a great signing for us but I dont think he would have had as much success if Gerrard wasnt here.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:10 am

Spot on. What a player.

I've lost count the number of times he's pulled our @rses out the fire. He's had a massive influence in every single title and challenge we've had over these recent years. It's a shame that we've not been able to populate the team with a sufficient number of players to come close (let alone match) to his ability and desire.

We can lose any number of players (Torres included) but the impact will never be the same as losing Gerrard and to a lesser extent, Carra. I thank our lucky stars that he didn't leave for Chelsea.... No player is bigger than the club but, in the cold light of day.... in my more lucid moments.... I can't help but remember a statement you made in an earlier post, something i agree with totally...... He's wasted at Liverpool.

Legend.
ConnO'var

Postby Bermenstein » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:41 am

Fo Dne wrote:.... he's our best player by a mile, he's probably the best player and most loyal player to ever play for Liverpool and he's a scouser aswell.....

And it would be the greatest tragedy if he goes through his playing career without winning the title here at Liverpool.

He is world class no doubt.

Hopefully he will be a world class Liverpool manager in the future.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:51 am

It's an incredible fact, but a fact nontheless that if you criticise the manager you have to run for cover, whereas if you criticise Gerrard it's all OK. He truly is a marvellous player, and I've seen him criticised on here for not showing enough passion, not having the right body language, being Stevie me and all that old nonsense.

I said a couple of seasons back that if we didn't have him we'd struggle to finish top 6. It probably doesn't apply now as we've got some better players and it's a weak Premiership this season, but there is no question he is absolutely crucial to everything we achieve. There was somebody on here the other week claiming that Rafa had "made him into the player he is" :laugh: . You couldn't make it up sometimes you really couldn't.

DISCLAIMER: That's not a pop at Rafa, I am merely of the opinion that such are his natural talents, Gerrard would become a World Class midfielder regardless of who his manager is/was. Since Ronaldo has decided to go through the motions a bit, he is by a distance the best player for any team in the Premiership. As Stu says, even as a striker he's the best player we've got when Torres isn't playing.

My own feeling is that he holds the key to Keane's success (once we've decided we're speaking to each other again and start playing him). We should while Torres is injured forget about the 4-5-1 and play 4-4-2 with Gerrard actually alongside Keane. It's not his best position, he's wasted there and all that, but he's the only player we have in the team who ever looks like he's going to score regularly. He's also so good that I reckon I could play alongside him never mind Robbie Keane. In the short term it is the answer, if we can't persuade him to go wide right (where just coincidently he is absolutely World Class as well).
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:54 am

Fo Dne wrote:and most loyal player to ever play for Liverpool

A great player and I agree that he is our best player by a mile but I wouldn't go that far
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:38 am

He's not got a thread and he deserves one.
Agreed.

He is so under appriciated by our own and our manager its unreal
Not at all true in the slightest. Certainly, not by me at any rate.

even when played upfront he's still our best player
Agree with the latter, but not the former.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:53 am

How vital is he?  I was bricking it big time today when he hit the deck with that ankle injury.  The one player we absolutely can't afford to lose and it looked like he'd really twisted or broken it.  Thank feck he was able to run it off.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:58 am

Fo Dne wrote:

I feel so sorry for him.

:D

I am sure he would say to you "save your petty for the weak"

Top bloke and footballer Steven Gerrard.  :bowdown
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:00 am

Bad Bob wrote:How vital is he?  I was bricking it big time today when he hit the deck with that ankle injury.  The one player we absolutely can't afford to lose and it looked like he'd really twisted or broken it.  Thank feck he was able to run it off.

Same here, that worried me quite a bit.
Zidane

Postby burjennio » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:01 pm

best cental midfielder in the world. amen. Didi Hamann really can see the future :D
burjennio

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:09 pm

Fo Dne wrote:He's not got a thread and he deserves one. He constantly pulls us out of the :censored:, he's our best player by a mile, he's probably the best player and most loyal player to ever play for Liverpool and he's a scouser aswell.

He is so under appriciated by our own and our manager its unreal and even when played upfront he's still our best player. He's stayed here and gave us all his best years and we've completely wasted him and not rewarded him with the titles he deserves.

I feel so sorry for him. Still, I think the lad desreves his own :censored: kissing thread! :bowdown

I presume this utter load of shight is a Christmas wind up!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Sarge » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:14 pm

Gerrard for Prime Minister!!!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:25 pm

Before you all continue blowing smoke up the man's ar$e, just think about this...
Would you expect a captain and leader of men, to grab his teammates by the scruff of the neck (metaphorically speaking, of course) when they underperform as consistently as they do ? Would you expect a captain to kick lumps out of muppets like Benayoun (for his constant pouting when he a) gives the ball away, b) doesn't get a free kick 'cos he's been pushed off the ball or overrun it AGAIN, c) takes the wrong decision AGAIN to cut inside when he should be out on the wing, where he was placed ?); or Dossena ("Here you go opposition-mate - cut down the inside or outside of me - your choice !"); or Babel (who makes the wrong decision again and again and again....)...
Would you not expect a captain to do all of these things ? And dare I say, to have a word with his manager about his patently daft decision making at times ?
Food for thought or what ???
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby devaney » Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:30 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Before you all continue blowing smoke up the man's ar$e, just think about this...
Would you expect a captain and leader of men, to grab his teammates by the scruff of the neck (metaphorically speaking, of course) when they underperform as consistently as they do ? Would you expect a captain to kick lumps out of muppets like Benayoun (for his constant pouting when he a) gives the ball away, b) doesn't get a free kick 'cos he's been pushed off the ball or overrun it AGAIN, c) takes the wrong decision AGAIN to cut inside when he should be out on the wing, where he was placed ?); or Dossena ("Here you go opposition-mate - cut down the inside or outside of me - your choice !"); or Babel (who makes the wrong decision again and again and again....)...
Would you not expect a captain to do all of these things ? And dare I say, to have a word with his manager about his patently daft decision making at times ?
Food for thought or what ???

Surely his job specification doesn't require him to do such things? He only earns close to £120,000 a week and you can't expect him to kick :censored: on a salary like that!

GOD I FEEL SO SORRY FOR HIM!
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member