Fergie

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:08 pm

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson would love to sign Steven Gerrard but he knows that it's highly unlikely that it will ever happen. 

Real Madrid and Chelsea are always mentioned where Gerrard is concerned but more recently Arsenal and Manchester United have started to get more of a mention but Fergie's no fool... or is he bluffing!

He said: "I don't really want to discuss Gerrard. We just can't get Gerrard, the boy won't come here."

Asked what he thought about Everton's chances of winning the League, Fergie replied: "No chance." 
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby the great one » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:11 pm

Asked what he thought about Everton's chances of winning the League, Fergie replied: "No chance."  :D :laugh:  good old fergie :)
''I know Mourinho likes to tell people that he is the European champion manager but he's not now. That belongs to Benitez. '' Jamie Carragher
the great one
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:13 am

Why wouldn't Fergie want Gerrard? He needs a new midfield enforcer and Roy Keane is not the force of old. Gerrard definitely fits the bill.

In fact, from a total footballing perspective, Gerrard would be better off in a club where he doesn't have to compromise his game to play alongside Lampard because Lampard likes to go forward and has a better goal return than Gerrard. It is unlikely that Chelsea will want lampard to sacrifice his game, it would be more a case of Gerrard having to adjust his game.

Having said that, Gerrard should stay because he revered in Liverpool, whereas at another club, he would have to adjust and maybe play second fiddle to another dominant midfielder.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:37 am

A.B. wrote:Asked what he thought about Everton's chances of winning the League, Fergie replied: "No chance." 

smartes thing the man has ever said.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:34 pm

Fergie's right on both counts there. But he's still an obnoxious c*nt :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:46 pm

Another Stevie G thread ?

Can we not post in existing threads ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:08 pm

A.B. wrote:Asked what he thought about Everton's chances of winning the League, Fergie replied: "No chance." 

he's not as senile as i thought he was  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:30 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Another Stevie G thread ?

Leon is correct. While there is nothing wrong at all with AB's thread, Steven Gerrard is a hot topic and instead of people starting new threads everytime there is a development, perhaps they should simply post in an existing thread?

Maybe I'll open a Steven Gerrard thread and stick it to the top of LFC:General Discussion and all Stevie G chat can go on in there?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby XSD » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:35 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Another Stevie G thread ?

Leon is correct. While there is nothing wrong at all with AB's thread, Steven Gerrard is a hot topic and instead of people starting new threads everytime there is a development, perhaps they should simply post in an existing thread?

Maybe I'll open a Steven Gerrard thread and stick it to the top of LFC:General Discussion and all Stevie G chat can go on in there?

I think the problem is that when you start a sensible thread the spam level of this forum generally gets it up to 20 pages in no time, and you have no idea where you were in your discussion.
Maybe a thread for the premium forum would be best :)
XSD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion