Steven Gerrard thread - Stevie G topics: please post here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Thu May 05, 2005 8:11 am

he also has the goal line moving talents of carrol in his prime. its a shoe in really...

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stevie G » Thu May 05, 2005 2:45 pm

do you tink owen would make the first team with cisse and morientes there
Stevie G

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu May 05, 2005 2:50 pm

yes

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Thu May 05, 2005 3:34 pm

Gerrard hints at staying at Anfield
9.50AM, Thu May 5 2005

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has given the clearest indication yet that he intends to stay at Anfield.

The 24-year-old England midfielder has been linked with a possible big-money move to Chelsea as the Reds struggle to claim a top-four finish this season.

But Gerrard believes the Merseysiders have shown that they are moving in the right direction having qualified for the Champions League final in Istanbul on May 25.

And he is to discuss his Liverpool future with chief executive Rick Parry and manager Rafael Benitez at the end of the current campaign.

The Reds skipper said: "I have got two years to go on my contract and I said the plan was to sit down after two years. After the Champions League final we will have a meeting with Rick Parry and the manager to discuss the future...

"That's been the situation for a while so, from that point of view, nothing's changed. I've said all along all I wanted was to see the club going in the right direction and this shows we are. Now we want to go on and win the competition."

Gerrard continued: "I didn't want any distractions before the (Chelsea) game and it will be the same before the final. But obviously a result like this helps everyone at the club and we'll have a lot of positive things to talk about."
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby xd3vilx » Thu May 05, 2005 3:35 pm

Maybe He Will Stay...
xd3vilx
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Thu May 05, 2005 6:02 pm

xd3vilx wrote:Maybe He Will Stay...

He'll stay. Win or lose in the final. The lad has been talking like a normal captain this past month. Like a man who believes in his manager, his team-mates and the direction we're heading in.

I don't think any player could walk away after the scenes at Anfield on Wednesday.

Greatest performance by a set of fans the world has ever seen.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:09 pm

Personally I don't think theres any chance gerrard will walk at the end of the season

In fact I think he'll sign a new deal in the summer.  He will have 2 years left on his current deal come the end of the season and the board won't let the mcmanaman/owen situation to develop with gerrard.  I think they'll tell him to sign a new deal or they'll have to accept a bid this summer

Gerrard won't want to leave after the euro run and the direction the club are going in under rafa.  He'll sign again rather than risk the club selling him
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu May 05, 2005 7:38 pm

Gerrard linked to Real
AFP, Madrid

Real Madrid are reportedly putting together a bid topping 30 milion euros (40 million dollars) for Liverpool captain and England star Steven Gerrard, despite signs the player is set to stay on Merseyside, media reports said Thursday.
Newly-crowned English Premiership champions Chelsea have also been in the frame for Gerrard, but he indicated Wednesday he sees his future at Anfield, buoyed by the Reds' Champions League semi-final win over the Londoners to make up for a League Cup final loss to the same rivals.

According to Spanish sports daily AS, "negotiations are under way" for Gerrard at Real, who are set to lose out to Barcelona in the Spanish league race to end a second straight season without a trophy.

"Madrid will go to 30 million for Gerrard," according to AS, while stressing that Liverpool would want around ten million more if they are to lose the fulcrum of their side.

After Wednesday's win over Chelsea at Anfield Gerrard hinted he would stay put under Spanish coach Rafael Benitez, as Liverpool seek to win their fifth European title on May 25 at the expense of AC Milan.

"I've said all along all I wanted was to see the club going in the right direction and this shows we are," he told the Liverpool Echo.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 05, 2005 8:45 pm

i`ve seen some great midfielders over the years at anfield and i think only souness is better than gerrard.
it would be a great day in the history of our club if stevie re-signs a new contract because it sends out the signals to all the other clubs who thought we were a spent force and all our best players were bailing out. if stevie stays he deserves to be remembered as a legend on and off the park because he stayed when things were at their lowest and for a player of his profile it would have been easy to bale out a la michael owen in the post houllier confusion.
when gerrard signs we will have the best centre mid in the prem if not europe and once rafa has remoulded the team in his image the sky`s the limit.
to be honest the sky`s not the limit coz after this week i`m already flying.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby dundees pace » Fri May 06, 2005 1:20 am

Hmmmmm!!! Not sure about this sudden turnaround of opinion as far as Gerrard is concerned.

Yes, he is a (probably THE) key player in our team. However, I can't forget as easily as others the way he's held our club to ransom for the major part of the season.

Last sesaon he was incredible, this season most of us have rightly IMO asked questions.

I hope he can continue to be what he was for us - however I can't help but wonder what stance he will take this time next year if we aren't league / european cup winners.

A long term fully committed SG is what we all want.

Over to you Stevie.
dundees pace

Postby Judge » Thu May 12, 2005 12:29 pm

staying
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion