Stevie gerrard - why he is unlikely to leave now! - Stevie gerrard - why he is unlikely to l

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:26 pm

cheesecakery wrote:thats because when Man U were in there POMP  :D
none of our players would have got in their team  :D

I remember they were drooling over Gary Ablett  :D
What's wrong with you Cheese brain, don't you remember ?  :laugh:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:26 pm

St Michael - You an Ostrich ?

Give us an egg.Wake up and smell it!!!
Last edited by JohnBull on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:32 pm

I'm resigned to the fact he'll be going to London.  What annoys me is watching Lampard virtually getting off with him and sucking up to him all the time.  It's obvious that Kenyon gave Lampard instructions before going to Portugal..."don't come home without Gerrard".

Football used to be a mans game....now you've got ****** like Kenyon involved and Thai prime ministers and Russian billionaires and footballers who don't know what loyalty means.

I believe that true football people like Shankley, Paisley, Busby, Revie and Stein would be sad at the direction football has taken.

I'm sure that members of the forum will advise me to move with the times but pre-sky sports we may not have had as much football on t.v. and we didn't have classy foreigners displaying their tricks in our teams.  There was less money involved, a real bond between players and supporters, and we had real heros who we knew were as passionate about our clubs as ourselves.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:51 pm

Sean wrote:I'm resigned to the fact he'll be going to London.  What annoys me is watching Lampard virtually getting off with him and sucking up to him all the time.  It's obvious that Kenyon gave Lampard instructions before going to Portugal..."don't come home without Gerrard".

Football used to be a mans game....now you've got ****** like Kenyon involved and Thai prime ministers and Russian billionaires and footballers who don't know what loyalty means.

I believe that true football people like Shankley, Paisley, Busby, Revie and Stein would be sad at the direction football has taken.

I'm sure that members of the forum will advise me to move with the times but pre-sky sports we may not have had as much football on t.v. and we didn't have classy foreigners displaying their tricks in our teams.  There was less money involved, a real bond between players and supporters, and we had real heros who we knew were as passionate about our clubs as ourselves.

True, true, true and true. Now please move with the times. :)

We have to realise that football is a big business nowaday. Moneyman dictates everything. I recall the time when I use to stand on the terrace and cherring for my footballing heroes, the guys who will put in 110% and sweat buckets for the team, guys who will put in 600+ career games for our cause. Now footballers lead a glamourous life, a life that's too comfortable not to pass up £120k a week's salary. We have got foreign mercanaries swamping allover the Premiership. Marquee players like Deschamp who confessed to put in 50% of his effort because he's got a fat cheque and don't like the style of Premiership football. Players like Diouf who contributed nothing to the team and live a glamourous superstar life. At the end, everyone wins...except the true fans!

I could go on and on...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:14 pm

The three things which saw the demise of our empire were :-

The back pass rule. Shanks had it off to perfection and no one could see any reason to alter it apart from friggin EUFA who were fed up with us doing the bizz.
Tommy Lawro started it and it worked great throughout the good years and right into the glory times.

The Ten Year Ban - I remember seeing Inter Milan, then the biggest club in the world, ****** themselves at the sight of the kop.
Some knobhead safety inspector in Belgium takes a bribe and passes the worst ground possible. A load of bent EUFA officials sell their tickets to anyone who'll have them and you end up with a load of extras from The Godfather largeing it all over the place in front of a gang of Scousers who were all out for just another good time. It must be one of the saddest jokes ever that we got the blame.

The disgrace of Sheffield where the laziest, most inefficient, most lying, police force in The World got away with MURDER and the powers that be,used it as justification to destroy The Kop.
There was frig-all wrong with The Kop and all-seater grounds are NOT safer and do bugger all for the game. I'd be far happier with my 12 year old lad being on the old Kop than the one there today.

Then along came SKY - what the frig has Murdoch got to do with OUR National game and why can he decide which game's played on a saturday or sunday or monday night. Breaking up all that had gone before to line his pocket.
Fixing the players with wage packets far beyond their real worth and - like it or not- causing the likes of the present Gerrard panto.

It was a working man's game and there was an unspoken deal of honesty - all that's gone and all us soft-sods who spend a fortune following the team on the strength of past traditions are pawns to rich mens hobbies.
Still -I'll  be there next season and the season after,till I die.

My support has been jaded for a few years now - I've felt that the club was no longer mine at times. I wanted MON but got Benitez but after studying the man I now wake up waiting for the start of next season - It mightn't be straight away but I HONESTLY believe in him to bring the real good times back.

THE FUTURE'S RED    THE FUTURE'S BENITEZ
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:27 pm

Nice one John Bull.  I liked what you said about the working mans game and honesty.  In fact honesty is the key word.  Theres absolutely none of it in todays game.  Alan Smith's crocodile tears epitomised it for me.  He couldn't be blamed for leaving a relegated side but to join Leed's biggest rivals was an insult to the fans that idolised him.

Footballers have lost touch with the fans that pay their wages.

I often hope that the premiership goes bankrupt and the money goes to La Liga or else where.  There'd be alot of short-term pain but after all the mercenaries and greed has gone eventually english football might find it's soul again.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 84-1083280474 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:47 am

John, I hope you've got my 100 quid in yer pocket! dont go spendng it down the bookies. Stevie G...Still a liverpool player! and we are weeks into the speculation!!!!!!!

If Abramovich signs anyone, it will be rooney, but not for 50 million as some silly figures have posted.
20 more like
84-1083280474

Postby JohnBull » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:15 am

Hustler I've 6 kids and a pub to run = How about time to pay. Or should I put it on Rooney to be top scorer in the championships ?
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby macca7 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:34 pm

I watched stevie`s press conference on sky sports today before the prtugal game.
Why didn`t anyone have the balls to ask stevie what were his plans for next season?
i was sweating waiting for some press officer to ask the bloddy question....will u STAY? :angry:
macca7

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:36 pm

macca7 wrote:I watched stevie`s press conference on sky sports today before the prtugal game.
Why didn`t anyone have the balls to ask stevie what were his plans for next season?
i was sweating waiting for some press officer to ask the bloddy question....will u STAY? :angry:

the press were told that they were not allowed to ask questions on club matters. all questions had to be about england only. at the end of the day, stevie g should be concentrating on england only at the moment. it's probably the biggest game of his career so far.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion