Postby BringBackTiti » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:58 pm

Carra for captain!!! a true RED

Am Gutted
''I talk about the table. We need a leg, so I have bought a leg.'' Rafa Benitez
BringBackTiti
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopboyau » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:58 pm

What a Liar

Wants to win Trophies. Well you don't get a much more prestigous Trophy than the Champions League. What more do you want. Goodbye and do drop bye to see the Trophy because it's as close as you will ever get to it again, espically if you wear that Blue and white of Cheatski. Lets get top dollar and get SWP and Ballack for the 40m Pound we should get, at least they will be honest and come for the money. Not try and rubbish the manager and put the blame elsewhere. Just remember Mr Gerrard - Fans have long memories, espically fans that have been lied to. Also don't expect the boys to go easy on you.
Kopboyau
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hawkmoon269 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:03 pm

I still think Alonso is a better player
hawkmoon269
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 pm

I still think Alonso is a better player

if we didn't have Alonso, i'd be really worried.  Also, how important is Hamman's new contract now?

Don't worry folks...Rafa will see us right
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:13 pm

Yes im sure he will announce something sooner rather than later. If he has any heart left for this club he will not join Chelsea. In a totally un realted point. C Vieri has joined AC Milan. Looks like the loyalty bashing is going around.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ynwa » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:22 pm

:censored: let him go he is no bigger then the club
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:32 pm

I would love to see Jamie Carragher being handed the armband as he is considered to be very noisy on the pitch and also due to fact that he has been loyal to the club.

Jamie will be the one to lift the premiership for LFC !!!
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby London_Red » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:34 pm

it will be a great day watching carra lead us out, proud moment for all the fans and carra himself, i wouldnt love seeing anyone else lift the premiership as much as him
London_Red

Postby 2520years » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:35 pm

Can someone explain?
Gerrard said the events of the last 5-6 weeks made him change his mind.
All I know about is that there was a short delay before negotiations began...is that enough of a reason?
Does he mean the players we've signed don't show we've enough ambition?
What is the real reason for his change of heart?

???
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby liamac » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:31 pm

Some time ago in february i wrote on here saying i thought Alonso was a better player who had far more influence on the team and on the games he played in  compared to Gerrard  , and i still think it.

The thought of paying Gerrard 100k  a week  who IMO is a lesser player than Alonso  i couldnt understand .
Im glad that we will get at least 30million for him and we all know we will get quality players who  will  i think , be as good if not better than Gerrard.
SkySports did a stats comparsion to the midfielders that  Chelsea have in  their team and Gerrad came bottom in all but one ........passing , scoring and tackling ........he was last but one in tackling .....even Joe Cole was better than him at tackling !!!! i honestly couldnt believe my eyes .
We put Gerrard on a pedestal because he is English  Scouse and An international and plays for us  , so we all feel he is the best midfielder in the country ........he isnt tho . I have been more nervous about games when Alonso wasnt playing than when Gerrard wasnt , and remember one thing folks , we won more games statistically without Gerrard playing .

Many a time ive come online to read on here about how Gerrard didnt get into the game  and wasnt anywhere to be seen during play , thats not the way a class midfielder should be and for that matter a  clubs captain .

He  makes out the club want him out , we all know that simply isnt the case . Gerrard  tried to make it look like the club were the bad boys and deflect any possible blame  in all this . Now that the club has released information about how they wanted him to re-sign 3 times last season and publicly stated they want him to stay for life and eventually become Manager after Benitez goes  , he says   loves the club and respects  the people and fans to much to getting in a  "slagging match" !!!!!  ........irony of ironies me thinks.  He respects the club and loves the fans so much he wants out  and  tries to blame the club  for him leaving , the same club who wants him to stay for life !!

40 pieces of silver  spring to mind
liamac
LFC Super Member

Postby Sean » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 pm

I reckon Gerrard decided to leave when Benitez made an offer for Peter Crouch.  As David Fairclough said on Sky Sports...."bigger and better players have left the club before and we survived....no one player is bigger than the club".  He also couldn't understand why someone would turn down 5 million a year to play for the club they loved.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:21 am

liamac wrote:Some time ago in february i wrote on here saying i thought Alonso was a better player who had far more influence on the team and on the games he played in  compared to Gerrard  , and i still think it.

The thought of paying Gerrard 100k  a week  who IMO is a lesser player than Alonso  i couldnt understand .
Im glad that we will get at least 30million for him and we all know we will get quality players who  will  i think , be as good if not better than Gerrard.
SkySports did a stats comparsion to the midfielders that  Chelsea have in  their team and Gerrad came bottom in all but one ........passing , scoring and tackling ........he was last but one in tackling .....even Joe Cole was better than him at tackling !!!! i honestly couldnt believe my eyes .
We put Gerrard on a pedestal because he is English  Scouse and An international and plays for us  , so we all feel he is the best midfielder in the country ........he isnt tho . I have been more nervous about games when Alonso wasnt playing than when Gerrard wasnt , and remember one thing folks , we won more games statistically without Gerrard playing .

Many a time ive come online to read on here about how Gerrard didnt get into the game  and wasnt anywhere to be seen during play , thats not the way a class midfielder should be and for that matter a  clubs captain .

He  makes out the club want him out , we all know that simply isnt the case . Gerrard  tried to make it look like the club were the bad boys and deflect any possible blame  in all this . Now that the club has released information about how they wanted him to re-sign 3 times last season and publicly stated they want him to stay for life and eventually become Manager after Benitez goes  , he says   loves the club and respects  the people and fans to much to getting in a  "slagging match" !!!!!  ........irony of ironies me thinks.  He respects the club and loves the fans so much he wants out  and  tries to blame the club  for him leaving , the same club who wants him to stay for life !!

40 pieces of silver  spring to mind

Good post
76-1115222408

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:28 am

2 scousers in 2 years..

good thing we got carra locked up for a while and carra definitely should be captain.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:47 am

did you all see the parry interview on sky sports news he looked :censored:... gutted i felt for him almost a tear in his eyes, and then rafa had to go on and beg stevie to stay, in all his time at valencia he never had to go through what he,s gone through in 12 months at liverpool, no player is bigger than this club, 1 year ago if i had told you we would win the cl but we would sell gerrard, would you have taken it bloody right you would have, rafa will build an empire...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:50 am

Then after winning a million trophies, rafa can go up to gerrard and wave the trophies in front of his face.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion