LIVERPOOL VS STANDARD LIEGE - Champions league qualifier - 2nd leg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby johnslp » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:25 am

Pepe's saves were amazing. Defo 10.
johnslp

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:39 am

Pepe - 10 , best keeper in the world right now , amazing saves in this past few games . :bowdown

Arbeloa - 5 , had a decent shot on target , rarely offered anything going forward and keeps giving away unnecessary freekicks , which will cost us one day , wish carragher would be shifted to right back .

Carragher - 7 , Solid at the back , thats about it , did not contribute going forward but he's a center back so job done

Skrtel - 8 , Has to be already one of the most promising defenders for the future , consistent , excellent tackling , rarely got beaten by his man, ventured forward when could .

Aurelio - 7 , One of his better games for us , got a good freekick saved by the keeper , was good defensively , when forward quite a fair bit but was rather ineffective due to yossi plaeing :censored:

Alonso - 7 , Passing was good at times , at times he was sloppy , impressed with his tracking back , made some good tackles but slowed play down at times , best start for us in his last 2 seasons .

Gerrard - 6 , Tried hard , was playing decent but he had an injury and could be excused for some sloppy passing but tracking back was good

Kuyt - 7 , Played badly in the first half , second half more urgency about him , tracked back , put in some good passes , took shots on by himself , creating openings and got his reward with the goal .

Yossi - 4 , Nothing positive what so ever , should be sold or on the bench at best.

Keane - 5 , tried hard , ran his as.s off , got back to help with the defence and should have got a shot on target but fluffed it . 

Torres - 6 , Ran , tried a shot here and there but we have been below par so not much service given to him to do anything . Standard defenders held him well , the same with boro , he has a trouble against big physical defenders.

El Zhar - 8 , Very lively when he came on , can beat his man and troubled the opposition , unlucky not to get a penalty , rafa should start with him on sunday

Babel 5 , Below par performance from the super sub , put in a superb cross , beat his man once or twice but gave them the ball quite a fair bit as well . Still suffering from the time zones shift from beijing i guess , jet lag
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 am

Pepe 9, good performance kept us in it.

Arbeloa 5, did not attack their full backs enough.  We had 84% of possesion in this game, he should have got forward more and tried to supply the width

Carra 7, Solid, reliable, but didn't score ??  whats going on??

Skrtle 7, Solid and scary - Kind of a mix of a brick wall and Mel B

Aurelio 6, Same as Aurellio with an extra point as his passing was better

Yossi 2, Awful

Xabi 7, Better than against Boro by a mile, but still not quite ticking,  COnfidence looks shot which is hardly surprising after the treat ment this summer from Benitez

Gerrard 6, Injured. shouldnt have been playing.. but no-one to replace him

Kuyt 6, Usual Kuyt performance, loads of work very little result.. AND THEN HE SCORED!

Torres 6, Sitting on his :censored: far too much so far this season, for me he is going down a little too easily looking for fouls which he isn't getting.  No service means he is not showing the class that he has in bucket loads and he looks like je is getting frustrated

Keane 5, Needs that first goal to settle his nerves.  He is trying too hard

subs,

Babel 5, same as against Boro, crowd callingfor him to get on and provide width but does not have the tools in his locker to beat his man. Ball get stuck under his feet everytime he goes on a run.  saying all that his cross was brilliant that led to the goal, and if he could put 5 - 6 of them in a game he may change my mind

El Zhar 8, breath of fresh air.  Defenders panicing when he runs at them, unfortunate not to get a cast iron penalty, should be starting on the right more this season or at least bring him on later in games every week for him to grow.

Benitez 5 - Straight down the middle tactics are not going to work.  He needs to get his full backs overlapping and providing the width we are so desperate for.  Consistent praising of Kuyt is embarrassing.
Hopefully if he gets to bring in Reira he can be a bit more adventurous and turn us into a more offensive team, but he has to take the big decision and drop Kuyt. The man is clearly a good manager when you see what he has won, but he needs to make some changes to improve the way we are playing at the moment
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Number 9 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:01 am

You lot are all off your heads,no offence like but handing out 6,7,and 8s for a totally abysmal perfmormance like that is laughable!

Not really into handing out numbers for player perfmormances myself but if I was not one outfield player deserved more than a 4 and that would be generous!
It was a :censored: performance by every player apart from Reina who is the only player that can come out of the 2 legs with his head held high!
The rest of them need to sit down in a room and watch the whole tie over again and realise how far off good enough that was.

If you lot are gonna hand out numbers like that i suggest you all do the same! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Agger's Sleeve » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:28 pm

everton have got these in the UEFA cup now!
lets see how they fair against these.
Agger's Sleeve

Postby bunglemark2 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:46 pm

This lot will absolutely stuff Everton. I tell ya, we should grab one or two o' these lads before the transfer window closes....
I'd even sign the manager for half-time entertainment, absolutely comical to watch him on the touchline. I nearly wet meself...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Effes » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:54 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:This lot will absolutely stuff Everton. I tell ya, we should grab one or two o' these lads before the transfer window closes....
I'd even sign the manager for half-time entertainment, absolutely comical to watch him on the touchline. I nearly wet meself...

They will defo give them a good game - they were very good against us.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:29 pm

LOL

I hope they stuff Everscum.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mrcool2003 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Standard Liege fan wrote:I don't think liverpool got through 'cause of Kuyt's goal, LFC got through because of Reina.

So disgusted here. The worst playing team won.

Oh yeah Anfield great crowd, very loud...when you win...

Feck off mate , it was a even game ., poor by our standards , you guys threatened our keeper like 2 times , when we klept the ball on the ground our passing was good but in the air standard had some big guys , end of the day , we're in europe  :rasp

Come on, an even game? if it wasnt for reina and some poor standard leige finishing, we'd have been knocked out, im a fan and i can see we were lucky.
mrcool2003
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:56 pm

mrcool2003 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
Standard Liege fan wrote:I don't think liverpool got through 'cause of Kuyt's goal, LFC got through because of Reina.

So disgusted here. The worst playing team won.

Oh yeah Anfield great crowd, very loud...when you win...

Feck off mate , it was a even game ., poor by our standards , you guys threatened our keeper like 2 times , when we klept the ball on the ground our passing was good but in the air standard had some big guys , end of the day , we're in europe  :rasp

Come on, an even game? if it wasnt for reina and some poor standard leige finishing, we'd have been knocked out, im a fan and i can see we were lucky.

They did not have much chances in the 2nd leg at all , they made it difficult for us to break them down thats all , they had 1 good chance and reina made the save . 1st leag , no doubt they deserved to win but we came away with a draw and at the end of the day we're in europe so thats that , Everton are going to have to work hard against them and they have signed only one player for free and 2 on loan , they have not bought anyone as of yet
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 pm

they were very impressive, we were not.

we looked like a team of strangers at times and some of the passing/first touches was terrible. still, we're through and that's all that matters.

Hope we start to wake up sooner rather than later and show some fluidity in our play.......its not that bad seeing as we've won 3/3.....
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby Zenit » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:05 pm

The following Standard players have what it takes to become commanding players at a European topsquad:

Axel Witsel
Steven Defour
Marouane Fellaini
Dieumerci Mbokani

remember those :)
Zenit

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Zenit wrote:The following Standard players have what it takes to become commanding players at a European top pub team

Axel Witsel
Steven Defour
Marouane Fellaini
Dieumerci Mbokani

remember those :)

You could be right. Their career can only be impeded by referees with more than one eye.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion