Rafa and our financial chaos - Worrying bascombe article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Scottbot » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:38 am

Kharhaz wrote:And then what? wait for the next negative press release when they have to come out again and refute that. Then the one after that, and the one after that? No its just easier to ignore what is written. Bascombe works for the News of the World. The sister paper of the rag. Work it out for yourselves.

I see what you're saying but this isn't your run of the mill rumour flying around is it? It's serious stuff, the supporters and fans are worried. It's not just about transfer war chests or the usual stuff we obsess about. It's about the fantastic stadium they promised to build and it's about the money they said they WOULD'NT borrow against the club. It might all turn out to be B.S but if it is then it wouldn't hurt them to let the fans (the ones Gillette loves to talk to outside the front the front of the satdium on match-days) know that Bascombe and the rest of the fools in the press are talking shi..t..e.
Last edited by Scottbot on Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:51 am

Scottbot wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:And then what? wait for the next negative press release when they have to come out again and refute that. Then the one after that, and the one after that? No its just easier to ignore what is written. Bascombe works for the News of the World. The sister paper of the rag. Work it out for yourselves.

I see what you're saying but this isn't your run of the mill rumour flying around is it? It's serious stuff, the supporters and fans are worried. It's not just about transfer war chests or the usual stuff we obsess about. It's about the fantastic stadium they promised to build and it's about the money they said they WOULD'NT borrow against the club. It might all turn out to be B.S but if it is then it wouldn't hurt them to let the fans (the ones Gillette loves to talk to outside the front the front of the satdium on match-days) know that Bascombe and the rest of the fools in the press are talking shi..t..e.

But put yourself in there position. Gillett and Hicks. Many people on here are putting there investment as a bad thing. Why? Mainly because of what is written in the press. Constantly Ciggy and Saint are posting the negatives and many people are jumping on the "bloody yanks" bandwagon. Since they have took over we have signed better players and our future looks very good. Yes rafa has sold players, he has sold the dead wood at the club. All we can do as supporters is support the club, Gillett and Hicks own the club, so they also have my support. Will there be a "Hail the yanks" topic if they do put there money in the club? I doubt it. I tend to rely on the "no news is good news" statement rather than the statements made by people who are paid to post rubbish.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:47 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Scottbot wrote:

But put yourself in there position. Gillett and Hicks. Many people on here are putting there investment as a bad thing. Why? Mainly because of what is written in the press. Constantly Ciggy and Saint are posting the negatives and many people are jumping on the "bloody yanks" bandwagon. Since they have took over we have signed better players and our future looks very good. Yes rafa has sold players, he has sold the dead wood at the club. All we can do as supporters is support the club, Gillett and Hicks own the club, so they also have my support. Will there be a "Hail the yanks" topic if they do put there money in the club? I doubt it. I tend to rely on the "no news is good news" statement rather than the statements made by people who are paid to post rubbish.

So lets look at what Hicks and Gillett have ACTUALLY done for our club.

1/ The club was sold to bring investors into the club to provide extra funding for transfers and to build a new stadium. H&G have provided no extra funds for transfers, and have delayed the building of the stadium for one more year.

April 2007
“We’re meeting after today’s game with planners. We hope we can reach agreement so that we can start work in the park by June,” explained Hicks. They forgot to mention WHICH YEAR

2/Had two public fall outs with the manager, and made "LIVERFOOL" the new press nickname for our club. They also went on TV like a couple of spivs waving a big wad of cash, which I presume they still have because they certainly havn't spent it, which again was damaging to our image.

"I'm very much looking forward to meeting with Rafa. He's a very special man. He's obviously a great coach and a brilliant manager," Gillett told the club's official website. He obviously forgot to mention "before we search for Rafa's replacement"

3/ Lied consistantly and often about their intentions. Saying that no debt will be put on LFC, now HUGE DEBT will be put on LFC.

Co-owner Tom Hicks moved to reassure fans their club is in safe hands.
He said: "This is not a takeover like the Glazer deal at Manchester United. There is no debt involved, and we believe that as custodians of this wonderful club, we have a duty of care to the tradition and legacies of Liverpool." Obviously they forgot to say they meant no debt against the club until they owned it.

Saying Rafa could buy Snoogy dog, WELL WE ARE STILL WAITING.   

4/ They have invested not one penny of their own money in Liverpool and are transferring the loan used to buy the club and over £75milllion in additional costs onto LFC.ie Liverpool will have a greater debt than the club was valued at.

This is not media claptrap or posting of negatives , this is what those two clowns have actually done, with no denials, no Statements from the club further embarassing our manager, or trying to avoid admitting that the new designed stadium is too expensive and will have to be rehashed,forcing Parry into making an admission days later.

So tell me as you think they are so wonderful, just what have they done so far for our club? 
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:25 am

I have a theory.

I think that when HKS redesign the stadium, much of the exterior will remain as it is.

I don't think it will be radically changed. Other than perhaps the big frickin scoreboard over the away end, which is superfluous and will have to removed anyway when that end is expanded.

What we may see scrapped are many of the interior rooms like the executive suites and so forth. The stadium executive boxes will remain of course, but the luxary rooms inside the stadium will be cut. I think that "SkyWalk" and "enviromentally friendly" aspects will go.

The open corners, the "folded" Kop side, the glass facades etc...

All should stay.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:41 am

NANNY RED wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:theres obviously gonna be a big loan against the club to finance the new stadium. you can hardly expect hicks and gillette- the best a man can get, to pump in there own cash.

i do not understand why a blade of grass has not been touched on stanley park, or a brick laid. esp. considering the plans have been approved TWICE!

must be to do with costs spiralling on the most recent plans.

thing is, H&G do not have a bottomless pit of money, with Rafa asking for player signings etc in every window.

hes had 25m + for Torres, 10m for babel, benayoun, voronin, and others, so now its time for results

So weres the money then from Bellamy and other players weve sold and weres the champions league money in my reckonin about 40 million

No to mention we will get at least £40Mil again this season by jjust finishing 4th, possibly more (new tv deals). The lowest team gets £30Mil so it must eb at least £40mil for 4th right?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:03 pm

bavlondon wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:theres obviously gonna be a big loan against the club to finance the new stadium. you can hardly expect hicks and gillette- the best a man can get, to pump in there own cash.

i do not understand why a blade of grass has not been touched on stanley park, or a brick laid. esp. considering the plans have been approved TWICE!

must be to do with costs spiralling on the most recent plans.

thing is, H&G do not have a bottomless pit of money, with Rafa asking for player signings etc in every window.

hes had 25m + for Torres, 10m for babel, benayoun, voronin, and others, so now its time for results

So weres the money then from Bellamy and other players weve sold and weres the champions league money in my reckonin about 40 million

No to mention we will get at least £40Mil again this season by jjust finishing 4th, possibly more (new tv deals). The lowest team gets £30Mil so it must eb at least £40mil for 4th right?

Spot on Bav, it says in the Telegraph the top club gets £50million, so with the bottom club getting £30million, I would presume about £46million for coming 4TH

LINK

Postby mitch22 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:08 pm

:censored: them all it cant be the end of the world all newspaper talk. - well i hope

lets just concentrate on our team
Liverpool are magic Everton are ..... :censored:
mitch22

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Liverpool FC owners pledge: We will not sell club

Dec 26 2007 by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

IVERPOOL FC owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have told friends they have no “interest whatsoever” in selling their shares in the club.

They made their stance plain to friends and business associates after it was reported at the weekend that Dubai International Capital, who were bid rivals at the time Hicks and Gillett bought the club, were poised to take over because the Americans were allegedly having problems re-financing the debt taken out to buy Liverpool.

Last night, a source familiar with the situation said the report, which also claimed Rafael Benitez had been given until the end of the season before he was fired, was “utter nonsense”.

The source said that, early next month,Hicks and Gillett hoped to refinance the debt when they bought Liverpool in February.

They are also going to finalise their stadium design choice “between two world-class alternatives” before Saturday, January 12, said the source.

It comes after Hicks and Gillett were forced to scrap a futuristic stadium design because costs had soared.

The pair are also playing down the reported rise in stadium costs. It had been reported that the cost of the stadium had risen to £450m from £300m.

The source said stadium project costs crept up from a low £300m figure to mid-£300m number. It was only after that the owners told the architects to “value engineer” the scheme back down to the £300m mark. Last night, a source told the Daily Post: “Hicks and Gillett expect to close their new financ- ing in early January, and to finalise their stadium design choice between two world-class alternatives before January 12.Š

“They have no interest whatsoever in selling any shares, and Rafa and the owners have smoothed over a minor miscom- munication that the media blew way out of proportion.”

Dallas architects HKS, who were behind the spec- tacular proposals revealed in July, have been told to make their plan cheaper and probably less impres- sive. That stadium had the capacity to be expanded to 76,000.

And Manchester-based AFL, which was behind a previous proposal rejected by Hicks and Gillett because it was “obsolete”, was told to improve on its scheme for Stanley Park.

Both revised plans would have a capacity of around 70,000.

It is understood Hicks and Gillett are expected to re-finance the £220m loan used to buy the club.

The new £350m loan with the Royal Bank of Scotland would include £60m to get work on the new stadium started and £25m to cover the cost of last summer’s signings.

Despite this, stadium plans are apparently proceeding according to a revised schedule (that would see the new ground open in time for the 2011/12 season) in terms of the planning, design and initial construction.

SPORT: PAGES 28-29, 32

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpo....0286468
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:30 am

s@int wrote:
Bammo wrote:
s@int wrote:
JBG wrote:I'm not that worried for the long term. The fact is that Liverpool FC is such a strong brand name and has such awesome potential that no matter how much Hicks and Gillette might f.uck things up, someone else will always be willing to take the club off their hands.

There is no comparison with say, Leeds, who are a far smaller club.

I'd be more worried about the short or middle term, such as Hicks and Gillette imposing a transfer embargo or fire sale of assets.

I'm not so sure mate, how long did it take us to get Hicks and Gillett when we had a debt of circa £40million? If they put the club in huge debt (circa £300/700million)who's going to jump in and take that onboard?

Everyone saw what happened at Leeds, the players couldn't get away fast enough. How long do you think our top players would hang around if it looked like we were going under?

I am not saying that its likely to happen, but don't dismiss it as being impossible.

If the club were in massive debt (£300m+) wouldn't the value of the club then be negligible? I know other clubs have been sold for £1 +debts so would that apply?

If it were that cheap then investors may still be interested because the overall cost to them would be the same.

Genuine questions because I'm not an expert on football club purchase practices!

The difference would be that the profits of the club would be eaten up in interest payments servicing the debt rather than in investment in assets (players). This would deter any but the most determined buyer ,and there arn't many of those about.

Worse still if the new stadium was held up part way through due to lack of finance,i.e. after the 18 months, by the time building recommenced with new owners the costs would be astronomical.

Plus our present owners would be unlikely to happily walk away with nothing and would no doubt try to sell players to recover some of their costs.

All this is very unlikely as I said, but not impossible.

Arsenal are going to become the richest club in the world (going to be annouced soon). That is no doubt down to their stadium...

So lets just support the owners until they build the stadium.....You guys then can drive them out after the it has been built...as by then we will be self substaining.  :p

No seriously...once the stadium has been built i am sure we would have no problem filling 70k fans every game. With the option of increasing it to 100k.... by a few years we would have become the richest club in the world going by arsenal's terminology... (or at least one of the richest).

So we have to bit our fingers and tighten the belts for the next couple of years....remember, arsenal did not have much to spend when they were building the emirates.

We are in a better position than them....as the owners have spent big on torres and babel this season. If rafa gets rid of  average players.... He could spend even more.

Once the stadium is built...everything will be ok.

Though i have to add.....Arsene Wenger doesn't waste much money on average squad or youth players...he only goes for the best..... So if rafa buys quality instead of quantity..we might be better.
Last edited by The_Rock on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:09 am

how did arsenal finance their stadium? did they need loans as well? what was the final cost?
burjennio

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:13 am

To finance this highly complex project, Ashburton Properties, a subsidiary of Arsenal Holdings plc was formed and obtained a £260million senior loan facility from a stadium facilities banking group. This banking group comprises: the Royal Bank of Scotland PLC, Espirito Santo Investment, The Bank of Ireland, Allied Irish Banks PLC, CIT Group Structured Finance (UK) Limited and HSH Nordbank AG.  Interest on the senior debt is set at a commercial fixed rate over a 14 year term.

Arsenal is contributing the balance of the stadium project costs through funds from Granada, Nike and the sale of surplus land assets relating to the stadium site.  Also once the Club relocates in 2006, Arsenal has planning permission for a residential development of Highbury. The Club is actively looking to re-finance this £260million loan early in 2006. Managing Director Keith Edelman explains:

"We believe most of the risk is behind us because most of the major engineering challenges have been met and the physical structure is there. 14 years (the term of the current loan) is a short space of time for an asset which we hope will last 50, 75 years or more. Therefore we are looking to go for 25 years at a lower interest rate. If we can do this it will reduce our debt payments on an annual basis and allow us to have more free cash."

Copied from questions and answers at Arsenal
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:52 am

Unlike owners, Mascherano must stay
Written by Aaron Cutler on December 27th, 2007

Diego Mardonna likens countryman Javier Mascherano to a monster. Rich, coming from a guy dogged by drug-abuse, obesity and a general taste for destruction. Nevertheless, the comparison is understandable.

Since arriving at Anfield last January, the Argentine midfielder has provided the bedrock for a progressing outfit. His presence in the midfield covers that unfashionable void left by Dietmar Hamann.

Of course, there is the tackling. Tenacious, unceremonious and occasionally brutal, ‘Masch’ tears into opponents at will. Yet underpinning such ferocity is an actual art-form. This is proven when reviewing a challenge from Mohammed Sissoko. Like his teammate, the appetite is infallible, yet the technique is uncontrolled, clumsy and often calamitous.

Macherano possesses the crucial skill which defines midfield anchormen from world-class holding players - an eye for a pass. Football’s very own darling, Robbie Savage, boasts the battering-ram facet but, though he’d probably disagree, cannot deliver that vital, match-winning assist from the middle of the park. It is this quality which separates the likes of Mascherano, Makelele and Xavi from their peers.

The 23-year-old has also immersed himself into Liverpool culture. He goes about his business in a professional manner, never complaining when dropped, ignoring the showbiz pitfalls and appreciating the lifeline that has been LFC.

Clearly, positives of plenty come to the fore. But, unwittingly, Merseyside’s Monster has found himself at the centre of an ugly showdown. Yes, our two Americans, who else? threaten the longevity of his, and Rafael Benitez’ Anfield tenures.

When sitting down to write this article, my first in some time, I have struggled to hold back, such is my vehemence. Like most of our passionate supporters, I struggle to comprehend the workings of these two clowns - Messers Hicks and Gillett.

We should have known from the outset that their intentions were false. Come on, anyone calling the great Liverpool Football Club a franchise knows nothing about tradition. Our club is different to any other. We are the most successful yes, but it runs so much deeper than that. The connection between player and fan is special. We have lived through the ‘wind and the rain’ and revelled in the ‘golden sky’ - together. We know our football and we know when we are being conned.

A student of politics, I have come to understand the concept of spin. Cleverly disguised lines are forwarded in order to trick or simply stave-off critics. This can work to a point of no return.

Lets cast our minds back. When the Yanks took control we were promised that stadium work would begin in one month. Four weeks later, the New Anfield was as much a reality as my dating Kylie.

Due to the wave of optimism sweeping through the corridors of Melwood, this ‘miscalculation’ was ignored.

Then we were promised that June/July would see the laying of foundations - the beginning of a new 60,000 seater ground we could be proud of. Erm? Unless I find myself in one almighty comma, that appears to have passed us by too.

Admittedly, signings have come. Torres for £20million was fantastic, as was Babel for £11million. But hang on; let us remember what has been recouped.

Craig Bellamy for £7million, Djibril Cisse for £6million. Then there was Mark Gonzalez’ departure, Gabriel Palletta (Thank the Lord!), Jerzy Dudek (whose wages would have been sizable), Robbie Fowler, Luis Garcia, Bolo Zenden…

The list goes on. Meaning? Well, not that great a sum has been spent on new acquisitions.

Without doubt however, the worst aspect of their ill-fated reign has been the treatment of Benitez. These guys do not understand ’soccer’ in the slightest. If Rafa, as some quarters keep suggesting, is to be axed, where do we go? Other than appointing Jose Mourinho or Fabio Capello it is a step down. The latter of course, is now unavailable.

But do not fear, a master plan is in place Kopites. That’s right - Jurgen Klinsmann! Do not get me wrong, the German was a great player but let’s be serious - I’d rather have Graeme Souness back. In management, he guided a Germany side to the semi-finals of their own World Cup. Big deal. I won the European Cup on Championship manager once!

Liverpool is becoming a farce. We once prided ourselves on privacy - in-house dealings which maintained a credible image. Now, every corner of the footballing world has been subjected to the proverbial washing of dirty linen.

But the US tycoons are not solely to blame. One individual deserves special mention. Rick Parry. The Chief Executive’s nose is currently browner than my family’s Chocolate Log. He cares for number one and nobody else. If contributing to Rafa’s fall saves his own skin, he’ll do it. It is blunder after blunder with Mr. Parry and he should grow some overdue backbone.

Think back reds … who was it that almost forced Steven Gerrard to exit? Who was it that succeeded in exiling Robbie Fowler? Who was it that ruined the best takeover deal imaginable with DIC? Who was it that failed to speak-out and add an air of reassurance to fans last month? Who was it that turned down the opportunity of global revenue from featuring in the ‘Goal ‘Movies? Who was it that presented the inaugural Premiership trophy to Manchester United?

The list goes on.

Parry, along with his two Stateside chums needs to go. That way we would keep Mascherano yes, but more importantly our manager, our respectability, our long-term security and our dreams of Anfield II.

This piece was not meant to be a rant but I find it impossible to write much else at the moment. The club I love is being ruined by these imbeciles and it angers me to immeasurable lengths.

Returning to the actual subject, the Mascherano deal defines the uneasiness surrounding L4 right now. Manchester United would fund such a transfer (£17million) because they are winners. We on the other hand waver because we play second fiddle. We have done for the past 18 years and will continue to do so unless a much needed change of attitude arises.

This player highlights all the attributes needed for a title-winning side. Losing him would send out the wrong message. But then again … 2007 has been a year for that.

Aaron Cutler

Good article originally posted by Toffeehater in the Mascherano thread

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:56 am

s@int wrote:Unlike owners, Mascherano must stay
Written by Aaron Cutler on December 27th, 2007

Diego Mardonna likens countryman Javier Mascherano to a monster. Rich, coming from a guy dogged by drug-abuse, obesity and a general taste for destruction. Nevertheless, the comparison is understandable.

Since arriving at Anfield last January, the Argentine midfielder has provided the bedrock for a progressing outfit. His presence in the midfield covers that unfashionable void left by Dietmar Hamann.

Of course, there is the tackling. Tenacious, unceremonious and occasionally brutal, ‘Masch’ tears into opponents at will. Yet underpinning such ferocity is an actual art-form. This is proven when reviewing a challenge from Mohammed Sissoko. Like his teammate, the appetite is infallible, yet the technique is uncontrolled, clumsy and often calamitous.

Macherano possesses the crucial skill which defines midfield anchormen from world-class holding players - an eye for a pass. Football’s very own darling, Robbie Savage, boasts the battering-ram facet but, though he’d probably disagree, cannot deliver that vital, match-winning assist from the middle of the park. It is this quality which separates the likes of Mascherano, Makelele and Xavi from their peers.

The 23-year-old has also immersed himself into Liverpool culture. He goes about his business in a professional manner, never complaining when dropped, ignoring the showbiz pitfalls and appreciating the lifeline that has been LFC.

Clearly, positives of plenty come to the fore. But, unwittingly, Merseyside’s Monster has found himself at the centre of an ugly showdown. Yes, our two Americans, who else? threaten the longevity of his, and Rafael Benitez’ Anfield tenures.

When sitting down to write this article, my first in some time, I have struggled to hold back, such is my vehemence. Like most of our passionate supporters, I struggle to comprehend the workings of these two clowns - Messers Hicks and Gillett.

We should have known from the outset that their intentions were false. Come on, anyone calling the great Liverpool Football Club a franchise knows nothing about tradition. Our club is different to any other. We are the most successful yes, but it runs so much deeper than that. The connection between player and fan is special. We have lived through the ‘wind and the rain’ and revelled in the ‘golden sky’ - together. We know our football and we know when we are being conned.

A student of politics, I have come to understand the concept of spin. Cleverly disguised lines are forwarded in order to trick or simply stave-off critics. This can work to a point of no return.

Lets cast our minds back. When the Yanks took control we were promised that stadium work would begin in one month. Four weeks later, the New Anfield was as much a reality as my dating Kylie.

Due to the wave of optimism sweeping through the corridors of Melwood, this ‘miscalculation’ was ignored.

Then we were promised that June/July would see the laying of foundations - the beginning of a new 60,000 seater ground we could be proud of. Erm? Unless I find myself in one almighty comma, that appears to have passed us by too.

Admittedly, signings have come. Torres for £20million was fantastic, as was Babel for £11million. But hang on; let us remember what has been recouped.

Craig Bellamy for £7million, Djibril Cisse for £6million. Then there was Mark Gonzalez’ departure, Gabriel Palletta (Thank the Lord!), Jerzy Dudek (whose wages would have been sizable), Robbie Fowler, Luis Garcia, Bolo Zenden…

The list goes on. Meaning? Well, not that great a sum has been spent on new acquisitions.

Without doubt however, the worst aspect of their ill-fated reign has been the treatment of Benitez. These guys do not understand ’soccer’ in the slightest. If Rafa, as some quarters keep suggesting, is to be axed, where do we go? Other than appointing Jose Mourinho or Fabio Capello it is a step down. The latter of course, is now unavailable.

But do not fear, a master plan is in place Kopites. That’s right - Jurgen Klinsmann! Do not get me wrong, the German was a great player but let’s be serious - I’d rather have Graeme Souness back. In management, he guided a Germany side to the semi-finals of their own World Cup. Big deal. I won the European Cup on Championship manager once!

Liverpool is becoming a farce. We once prided ourselves on privacy - in-house dealings which maintained a credible image. Now, every corner of the footballing world has been subjected to the proverbial washing of dirty linen.

But the US tycoons are not solely to blame. One individual deserves special mention. Rick Parry. The Chief Executive’s nose is currently browner than my family’s Chocolate Log. He cares for number one and nobody else. If contributing to Rafa’s fall saves his own skin, he’ll do it. It is blunder after blunder with Mr. Parry and he should grow some overdue backbone.

Think back reds … who was it that almost forced Steven Gerrard to exit? Who was it that succeeded in exiling Robbie Fowler? Who was it that ruined the best takeover deal imaginable with DIC? Who was it that failed to speak-out and add an air of reassurance to fans last month? Who was it that turned down the opportunity of global revenue from featuring in the ‘Goal ‘Movies? Who was it that presented the inaugural Premiership trophy to Manchester United?

The list goes on.

Parry, along with his two Stateside chums needs to go. That way we would keep Mascherano yes, but more importantly our manager, our respectability, our long-term security and our dreams of Anfield II.

This piece was not meant to be a rant but I find it impossible to write much else at the moment. The club I love is being ruined by these imbeciles and it angers me to immeasurable lengths.

Returning to the actual subject, the Mascherano deal defines the uneasiness surrounding L4 right now. Manchester United would fund such a transfer (£17million) because they are winners. We on the other hand waver because we play second fiddle. We have done for the past 18 years and will continue to do so unless a much needed change of attitude arises.

This player highlights all the attributes needed for a title-winning side. Losing him would send out the wrong message. But then again … 2007 has been a year for that.

Aaron Cutler

Good article originally posted by Toffeehater in the Mascherano thread

thx for the free dose of publicity mate  :D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:30 pm

Toffeehater wrote:Good article originally posted by Toffeehater in the Mascherano thread

thx for the free dose of publicity mate  :D[/quote]
I thought it made some good points that were just as relevant in here as in the Mascherano thread mate. It helped that it agreed with my posts as well  :D

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:39 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Oh fecking hell, they had me fooled to begin with, with all their promises.

It does appear the Yanks are doing what yanks do best at ... Make a :censored: mess of things and an embarrising ones at that.

It's the typical mentality - they smile and tell u their here to make things 'wonderful' then they tell u to put-up or shut-up (aka Rafa).. and now we are on the edge...

These are not rumours, but facts as far as i'm concerned, the glazers and 'randy' learner have been far more respectful of the traditions of their respective clubs, then these two 'cowboy's, by keeping shtoom and giving no interviews, they have put 'their monies where their mouths are' .. Chairmen are not heard and do the job. They have lost the confidence of supporters and others no-doubt the manager - and if they think Klinsmann's the man - well may be their mate Bush can come over after his term is over - Benitez is world class and he'll deliver the Premiership I have no-doubts - what these two will deliver is scary.

We must not forget that the DIC group where 'majorly' pis.sed off when we opted for this lot - don't bank on them willing to part with their 'Dinars' too easily - they may even court the idea then make the board regret their move a year a go !

Uncertain times ahead indeed !
Last edited by zarababe on Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion