Financial input demanded - Rafa needs help

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:47 pm

I am certain that a fresh impetus from the Boardroom is required at Anfield.
Financially, we are in a weak position, the most immediate way out of our current hole is to look for a re-financing package. Parry was looking for a low risk, low input package from the Far-East in exchange for Regional marketing rights. This came unstuck when they could not lay their hands on the capital and they wanted more control on the Board than Moores and Parry were confortable with.
Morgan is just too hot to handle for both Moores and Parry, Morgan has been too critical in the past of the mis-management at Anfield and would probably offer Parry a retirement package if he came on board. Morgan would also take hold of the control levers, particularly if Moores sells his holding to recover his investment.
Moores can not afford to put more money into the club and build up his shareholding, infact he needs to cash in some of his shares as his personal fortune has dwindled with the stock market.
Our best option is to replace Moores with a similar 'fan' who has the interests of the club at heart. It would be dangerous to sell to a Business Group like Sky, Granada etc, we could become pawns to their main business, it would also be dangerous to go PLC as we could face a Glazier situation with 'hostile take-overs'
The next few weeks could be very interesting !
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:52 pm

There is no doubt in my mind that a change in the boardroom is required. We desperately need a cash injection to rebuild the side. Unless this comes real soon we are looking at more mixed results and indeed the probable loss of Gerrard. If things go that far I would imagine the heat on Moores and Co would be unbearable. Things need to happen now to ensure we do not face that day. With clubs around us likely to strengthen in January we are looking at a difficult second half of the season. Instead of making ground on the three teams we are chasing, we could well end up going backwards with teams passing us in the run in. Lets hope they wake up and get realistic before things get worse.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:48 pm

parchpea wrote:Lets hope they wake up and get realistic before things get worse.

Parchpea,
I suspect that recent injuries and results (both financial and on the pitch) have finally opened the eyes the current Board to their fragile position.
Failure to qualify for the CL next season will be a Disaster of the most immense magnitude. SG will go, we will not be able to afford a replacement. Rafa may even think of jumping ship if he can. The prospect of a new Stadium will be zero.
Realisation of the above thoughts must have hit Moores and Parry like a Runaway Railway Train.
Both Moores and Parry must realise they are now backed into a corner, where they have spent to their limit and failed to achieve success.
However, my fear is that they will hang on as long as we are still in the CL in the hope that 'riches will flow' and save them from losing their current positions of power. This will harm our future development, finishing this season lower than 4th will inflict great damage on us, we need to strengthen the team in January.
I hope they are brave enough to take their biggest decision yet, Parry has the most to lose, unless he can convince a new man that he is capable of some 'hard nose' dealing that he has not revealed to date, he will lose his job. Moores is ok, he should be able to recover his investment and remain on the Board, albeit in a non-exec' role.
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:32 pm

Last night's result will have brought the Board closer to the day that they have to make the fateful decision. Moores and Parry will not be looking forward to the Olympiacos home leg, their positions in the club are now hanging by a thread !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:39 pm

.. why did Ambromovich choose Chelsea... ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:00 pm

maximus wrote:I'm unsure why Rick Parry is receiving a lot of criticism at the moment. He has again been singled out which is worrying. Whether that's fair or not I don't know but it's becoming a regular trend in more and more circles.

From what I've been told Rick Parry is a lovely man, one of the nicest in a business of "snakes", but this often result in him being taken advantage of. Maybe we need a "snake" of our own, or at least a tough talking business man, instead of a "yes man".

In terms of investment and transfers, I think Benitiez should use loans or short term fixs in the January transfer window to solve out current "crisis". But before the summer comes we need to find some serious investment so that Benitiez can start to shape the squad. Whether Gerrard is sold should ultimately be down to whether he wants to stay or go, but a £35Mil bid would be tempting. Also it is vital we get into the Champions League, not only for the money it brings but so that we can attract a higher quality of players.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maximus » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:25 pm

zarababe wrote:.. why did Ambromovich choose Chelsea... ???

Zara, In answer to your question, Abramovich paid around £100million to clear Chelseas debts and pay off Ken Bates, however when you look at the property portfolio of Chelsea football ground, Chelsea Village, it is prime real estate in London - valuation circa £300 million +, I think the maths work out for themselves, Chelsea are also now self funding.
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby Redrider » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:21 pm

Chelsea, were a lame duck sitting in the right pond. Abromovich was attracted by Business life in London.
I think that the asset value of Chelsea Village etc. is actually owned by the Banks who supported Ken through his various dodgy financial restructurings. I think all Chelsea Fc are left with is the value of a lease to Stamford Bridge which runs out in the not so distant future.
Indeed if it is ever built, Chelsea are reported to have offered to play in the Olympic Stadium over at Stratford, which would make West Ham a tad' miffed. But suits the expiry of the Bridge lease.
You can't help feeling that Chelsea will be in the sh1t, when Abromovich get's bored with winning the Champions League etc and goes for F1 motor racing.  Let's hope !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion