Carra refusal to play rb or rafa experiment - Worrying

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:04 pm

I open this thread to gather info about the supposedly refusal of Carraguer to play RB. I missed it and I learned of it in match thread

Ciggy said that apparently Carra admitted so in SSN if I understood correctly.

I think that it deserves it's own thread (if it doesn't lock it and we discuss elsewhere). First it would be nice to know how the involved parties explain the decission and after that debate.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:16 pm

He knew he would have been skinned alive by Downing at Boro not totally his fault but rafa's worrying about what sh!tty @rse Boro where going to do.

We had a long break before the RM game so carra shouldnt have been tired BTW Sabre when he was RB for us under Houllier he used to get slated to bits you wouldnt believe it.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:25 pm

I think it's a bit of a non story in that unless a poster knows something, it's hard to really sensibly speculate. Lynds says she does and I have no doubt she's telling the truth, but equally I also think it's fair enough that she doesn't want to have the whole forum discussing it. I'm sure the press read some forums and some posters (course they read my posts religiously  :laugh:) but seriously, if there's anythign in it I think it'll come out in the end.

If I was guessing, (and I might as well, got feck all else to do) I'd say that the Middlesboro one was down to rafa countering Downing, whereas tonight I don't think he wanted to play Hyppia in case Cisse/Jones skinned him. On that note, I thought both Sunderland strikers were absolutely garbage. Neither broke sweat, and I've seen enough in that one performance to put to bed any thoughts I was harbouring that Jones might make a top player. With attitude like that, he won't.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:26 pm

I'm perplexed Carra would be afraid of facing anyone.

Worrying anyway.

I didn't have contact with Liverpool fans in the years he was a RB, so I didn't know what was said about almost anyone.

Anyhow, I'm astonished, but this are the kind of things I talked about when I spoke of decay. At least me I find it extremely worrying.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:29 pm

So, what about the experiment, then. It went better than Skrtl experiment.  :D I know Mick mentioned a mistake of Mascha, I know he wasn't pushed a lot, but credit for the man, the experiment worked.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Sabre wrote:So, what about the experiment, then. It went better than Skrtl experiment.  :D I know Mick mentioned a mistake of Mascha, I know he wasn't pushed a lot, but credit for the man, the experiment worked.

I thought Mash did well, although Sunderlands Andy Reid wouldn't have presented the sternest examination. When I said about his "mistake" I wasn't really having a go at Mash. It was just the one time when his natural enthusiastic instinct got the better of him. To tell the truth I was p!ssing myself watching it. There was Insua, doing exactly the right thing, shepherding the ball carrier, holding him up etc and then out of nowhere the right full back who has sprinted 60 yards accross the pitch to get there, steps in, dumps the bloke on his erse and takes the ball away  :D  :laugh: . It wasn't a foul either IMHO, and fair play to Mash but you can't really do that from right full back, funny as it was.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Sabre when Carra was RB he was one of the most hated Liverpool players believe me but it was around the posh spice boys time when they where on the ale every night till 5 in the mornin. propped jamie up at the bar time in Sullys rotten.
Last edited by Ciggy on Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Carragher used to get stick at right back at Anfield because when he had the ball, he would look to
go farward with it, but most of the time would turn back and pass it to the centre back.

I remember at home to Fulham in Houllier's time he did that, the Main Stand were moaning but
he turned round and basically told the Main Stand to feck off.

Im not sure whether that's why he didn't/doesn't want to play there.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Zidane » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:44 pm

I highly doubt anything with the past has anything at all to do with it.  He's just tired of Rafa plain and simple and is not taking his orders anymore.
Zidane

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Remember the coin at Arsenal Hes scouse hes sound, he'll tw@t you with a pound, carragher.

good on him for throwin the pound back  :cool:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:48 pm

Yawn...good old carra laa can never do wrong can he

It's rafas fault of course
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 pm

in the history of European football, has a team ever lined up with two Argie fullbacks?     Well how about two argie captain fullbacks?
JoeTerp

Postby Zidane » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:50 pm

What pound was he thrown though?  If you're saying back at Rafa, it's childish and stupid for him to do this but whatever.
Zidane

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Effes wrote:Carragher used to get stick at right back at Anfield because when he had the ball, he would look to
go farward with it, but most of the time would turn back and pass it to the centre back.

I remember at home to Fulham in Houllier's time he did that, the Main Stand were moaning but
he turned round and basically told the Main Stand to feck off.

Im not sure whether that's why he didn't/doesn't want to play there.

He dont it this season an all Effes when he was playin right back i cant remember the game but some one was havin a go about pushing the ball forward , An he said ill come in there in the minute a :censored: push you forward :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 pm

JoeTerp wrote:in the history of European football, has a team ever lined up with two Argie fullbacks?     Well how about two argie captain fullbacks?

said that meself in the match thread Joe . but you got the captains bit in :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion