Rafa and the americans - Brilliant article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:23 pm

I'm aware of that, but I mean, surely he'd have learnt the lessons of two years ago. Or let's bloody hope he has!

But I don't think Rafa has been hinting for Parry to leave, I think he is just eager to progress and wants the hierarchy to get their finger out this time, at least Parry knows the way things work in England, more so than Foster Gillett and co.
LFC2007

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 27, 2007 7:43 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I'm aware of that, but I mean, surely he'd have learnt the lessons of two years ago. Or let's bloody hope he has!

But I don't think Rafa has been hinting for Parry to leave, I think he is just eager to progress and wants the hierarchy to get their finger out this time, at least Parry knows the way things work in England, more so than Foster Gillett and co.

I think that's what some of the press stories and fans views maybe hinting at, that Parry was complacent back then and with Rafa talking about getting deals done quickly because the club have been complacent in finalising deals and he's ended up having to make do with his 3rd and 4th choices.

Parry's comments the beginning of last week certainly don't give the impression that he's learnt any lessons from the Gerrard fiasco when he said 'there's no rush to wrap up the contracts of Gerrard or Carra', when that came within in a day or so of both stating that they wanted to commit to the club.

Whatever it is we can't really say cos we're not privy to that info. It was clearly obvious during the ticketing ballot fiasco the other week that a lot of fans have lost faith in Rick Parry and I just wonder whether or not Rafa may be starting to go the same way depending on how you view alleged these comments the press have been printing.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion