Rafa and our financial chaos - Worrying bascombe article

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:04 pm

Aint that much.

10-20m more realistic. per SEASON!

bellamy, not a lot prob 5m. garcia, not sure prob same. we have brought in more than sold.
Torres 2007

Postby Leonmc0708 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:08 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:thing is, H&G do not have a bottomless pit of money, with Rafa asking for player signings etc in every window.

hes had 25m + for Torres, 10m for babel, benayoun, voronin, and others, so now its time for results

I wish people would use actual figures when quoting transfers in and out.

We paid £19.6m for Torres up front, with no further clauses to increase that amount.

Babel was bought for £8m with the other £3.5m linked to performance.

Benayoun cost £3.8m with a further £1.2m linked to winning the title/European Cup etc.

Voronin was a free !!

You missed Lucas who came in for £6m from your list.

We sold players for a total of £23.2m as follows:

Pongolle £2.7m
Bellamy £7.5m
Cisse £6m
Palleta £2.5m
Garcia £4.5m

That means that the real figures where as follows:

actual spenditure £36.4m

income from sales £23.2m

nett spend £13.2m
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:48 pm

I hate all this talk about debt ......

Its making me depressed :(

But it is important and also unfortunite that we got bought by american which are always on business ....

I think they should listen to rafa as he knows wat the market is about alot better than the 2 owners ...
holylamb2006

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:04 pm

The sad thing about all this, is that when Gillett and Hicks bought Moores out , they came in with a lot of good will and high hopes from most of the Liverpool supporters, certainly much more than I expected. They made all the right noises and the P.R. couldn't have been better (especially having seen what happened at the mancs.)

They have now lost the trust if not yet the support of perhaps the majority of those supporters, and even if this situation with money,Rafa , transfers and debt is eventually sorted out, that trust will probably never return.

I was really happy when they took over, I thought at last we had the right people in charge to make the changes we needed and to move us forward. Sadly it looks like we got it badly wrong and may soon have new owners yet again. How will Parry sell that one to us if it turns out to be DIC, after everything that was said last time?
account deleted by request

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:05 pm

nett spend £13.2m

Actually thats not as bad as i thought it was .... 13.2m

I thought it was around 50 million ...

Going on the fact u said the co-owners cant refuse rafa a bit of money ???
holylamb2006

Postby holylamb2006 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:09 pm

Did you see QPR got bought by 3 billionaires ...... :p

Imagine tha amount of money they will have in the market ....
holylamb2006

Postby Paul C » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:41 pm

From the Daily Mail:

Liverpool money crisis deepens as American owners miss deadline over £220m debt

By BOB CASS and DANIEL KING
Last updated at 14:20pm on 23rd December 2007

Fernando Torres, starting to pay back his £21million transfer fee, scored twice yesterday as Rafa Benitez's Liverpool trounced Portsmouth 4-1 at Anfield to stay in touch with the Premier League pacesetters.

But off the field, the failure so far of efforts by American owners George Gillett jnr and Tom Hicks to refinance the £220million they borrowed from the Royal Bank of Scotland to fund their takeover of the club 10 months ago is pushing Liverpool towards an unprecedented period of uncertainty.

The American owners have missed a selfimposed deadline to strike a deal with RBS before Christmas.

The bank will not allow the club to go under but the problems facing Gillett and Hicks could hasten their departure — and see Dubai International Capital, the state-backed investment firm who were in pole position to buy Liverpool before the arrival of the Americans, back in the market as potential new owners.

Adding to the intrigue over the club's future, it is understood that former Germany World Cup coach Jurgen Klinsmann has been sounded out as a replacement for Benitez.

It is believed that contact between Klinsmann and the club has taken place at a high level and the German is thought to be interested in taking over at Anfield.

Despite assurances that there is money to spend in the January window, Benitez's public rift with Hicks and Gillett over the club's transfer policy may be beyond repair.

Boardroom backing for Benitez has been lukewarm in the wake of reports linking Klinsmann with the job.

Sources close to the ex- Tottenham striker and former Footballer of the Year believe he is eager to end his self-imposed exile from football and take a top manager's job.

A move for Klinsmann could proceed regardless of whether Hicks and Gillett remain the owners of Liverpool, but the crisis in their refinancing plans threatens to undermine the club both on and off the pitch.

Despite revelations last week that talks with RBS and American bank Wachovia over a new £350m loan had stalled, Kekst, the American owners' New York-based PR firm, continued to brief that a deal would be done before Christmas.

But Friday, the last day for business before the festive break, passed without announcement and although it is understood that negotiations will continue, banking sources on this side of Atlantic believe an impasse has been reached.

Hicks and Gillett have until February to refinance the £220m they borrowed from RBS to fund their takeover, plus the interest which has accrued in the past year, the credit notes used to buy Torres and Ryan Babel, and £60m to cover initial work on a new stadium.

If they are unable to strike a deal before the deadline and unable to persuade RBS to take up the option of extending the existing loan for another year, the bank stand to become the de facto owners of the club.

???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:thing is, H&G do not have a bottomless pit of money, with Rafa asking for player signings etc in every window.

hes had 25m + for Torres, 10m for babel, benayoun, voronin, and others, so now its time for results

We paid £19.6m for Torres up front, with no further clauses to increase that amount.

Benayoun cost £3.8m with a further £1.2m linked to winning the title/European Cup etc.

Voronin was a free !!

Pongolle £2.7m
Bellamy £7.5m
Cisse £6m
Palleta £2.5m
Garcia £4.5m

actual spenditure £36.4m

income from sales £23.2m

nett spend £13.2m

And your source for that information is.......................?

The Daily Mirror probably.

Unless you work for LFC in the boardroom, then this information has to be unfounded.

I hate it when people in these forums talk about clauses etc in contracts.

How do you know Babel has 3.5m linked to performances? have read his contract? ????

Also unless you have actually read fernando Torres's contract, then how do you know this?

Benayoun , 1.2m linked to winning league/ CL? your source? ?????

Unless you Leon, are Rick Parry, or a member of the board then, this has to be classed as nothing more than Pure rumours.

That post mate, is just a pile of garbage.
:p
Last edited by Torres 2007 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torres 2007

Postby JBG » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:50 pm

The bones of what Leon is saying is correct though.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:55 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Voronin was a free !!

Pongolle £2.7m
Bellamy £7.5m
Cisse £6m
Palleta £2.5m
Garcia £4.5m

actual spenditure £36.4m

income from sales £23.2m

nett spend £13.2m

Unless you work for LFC in the boardroom, then this information has to be unfounded.

How do you know Babel has 3.5m linked to performances? have read his contract? ????

Also unless you have actually read fernando Torres's contract, then how do you know this?

Unless you Leon, are Rick Parry, or a member of the board then, this has to be classed as nothing more than Pure rumours.

He stated facts lad
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:56 pm

true dude, and one post away from 10,000 i see.

congrats.

listen. no one should post exact figures/ clauses unless they confirm their source only. ie spokesperson from lfc, sky sports, or woteva

someone said the other day, Michael Owens "get out clause" has expired recently.

made me chuckle that one
Torres 2007

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:57 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Torres 2007 wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:

Voronin was a free !!

Pongolle £2.7m
Bellamy £7.5m
Cisse £6m
Palleta £2.5m
Garcia £4.5m

actual spenditure £36.4m

income from sales £23.2m

nett spend £13.2m

He stated facts lad

From? ?????

Baz at the pub?
Torres 2007

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:58 pm

Torres 2007 wrote:true dude, and one post away from 10,000 i see.

congrats.

listen. no one should post exact figures/ clauses unless they confirm their source only. ie spokesperson from lfc, sky sports, or woteva

someone said the other day, Michael Owens "get out clause" has expired recently.

made me chuckle that one

Skysports   :laugh:  were a better souce of information than them
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Torres 2007 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:01 pm

exactly.

seeing as it's xmas , a joke:

a white swan walks into a pub and sits at the bar.

A man walks up to the WHite Swan and says. "hey, i was in a pub named after you the other day!! "

The swan replies..."what called ALAN!? "

hee hee.
Last edited by Torres 2007 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torres 2007

Postby CardinalRed » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:04 pm

What a depressing thought all this is...... As it stands it seems Rafa is on very shaky ground, he's loved by everyone but not those who hold (at the moment) the purse strings. QPR are in a better position financially right now!
:(
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion